Judge Alessandro Nencini's comments

Discussion in 'Amanda Knox' started by Harmony 2, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

http://www.examiner.com/article/ale...y-comments-made-by-amanda-knox-judge-a-breach

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/knox-judge-faces-allegations-impropriety-22344483

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/02/03/amanda-knox-judge/5183469/

2. Loading...

3. Harmony 2

I moved this informative post here... thanks SMK

4. Harmony 2

thanks!

5. sherlockh

sherlockh New Member

Thanks. So it wasn't even a real interview. Just a journalist 'misunderstanding' his words. Much to do about nothing IMO.

6. Harmony 2

7. Harmony 2

8. Harmony 2

9. Yellow

Yellow New Member

And to make it even worse apparently the judge now says too that the jury watched the news every night and they commented why the evidence they were seeing was not like they were seeing in the news. Who knows what kind of nancy grace type programming they were watching!

This whole case is just a mess....say what to will about their guilt but this circus did not give them a fair trial... Juries should not be watching biased tv coverage and judges should not be commenting on defense strategy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ules-series-revealing-interviews-verdict.html

10. SMK

SMK New Member

Let's hope the "reopen all" does not actually happen: That would mean a new trial, new judge, new lay judges; another year and a half to get a verdict. I simply cannot believe so experienced and regal a Judge made such a stupid mistake. To me, until this is cleared up, there is no point looking to the future:

Meredith process, storm the court. Csm and anm: Inopportune his sentences. Lawyers for sollecito: Reopen all

http://www.leggo.it/NEWS/ITALIA/omi...m_anm_avvocato_bongiorno/notizie/493792.shtml

11. dog.gone.cute

dog.gone.cute Kyron Horman - Missing Since 6-4-10

:seeya:

BBM: I was just coming here to post the same thing when I saw your post !

I totally agree : Much ado about nothing !

:moo:

12. aa9511

aa9511 New Member

I think that any defense attorneys anywhere would do the same thing, that is their whole job, to try to take every opportunity they can to help their clients. I would take more interest in all of this if I had not watched the Arias case. But I did, and from that case I learned that sometimes attorneys can make, what is that term, a mountain out of a molehill (?), in order to do their jobs. For example, in the Arias case - mistrial for Juan Martinez signing a citizens' cane. If you think about how ridiculous that sounds - they wanted an entire months-long case thrown out for that. Also, mistrial for Martinez "bullying," when all he was doing was cross-examining witnesses who didn't want to answer his questions. In the Richard Chrisman trial, his defense attorney wanted a whole new case to be heard because he claimed prosecutorial misconduct for Juan Martinez.

Of course, if JSS had done an interview, of course Arias' attorneys would have given some motion for re-trial due to biased judge. They would have claimed she was biased towards Jodi, they would have picked at her words and used everything they could to help Jodi's case.

The problem is that this Judge made a misjudgement, and he shouldn't have given the interview. He was just allowing himself to be used as a pawn for the defense attorneys.

JMO.

13. dog.gone.cute

dog.gone.cute Kyron Horman - Missing Since 6-4-10

BBM: I disagree: this case is not a "mess" ... it is the "PR machine" that made it a "mess" -- in particular, the U.S. MSM -- and the U.S. MSM continues to make it a "mess" ...

Knox and Raf were given a very fair trial IMO ... they need to stop complaining ...

:moo:

14. otto

otto Verified Expert

I don't think any other country has anything quite like Nancy Grace!

Speaking of the corrupt Italian Justice system, where every level of the process is allegedly broken because it is different than how it is in the US, I'm surprised that anyone cares that someone discussed a trial after it's over. In the US, it's standard practice for those that deliberate the decision to get on TV and discuss what happened in the jury room. Now, because the laws are different in Italy, everyone is up in arms because something was said about the case after the trial is done.

The double standards run deep, and it appears that the system that permits the most criticism is held as superior.

15. Harmony 2

http://www.twcc.com/articles/2014/02/03/k/knox-judge-faces-allegations-of-impropriety

16. Yellow

Yellow New Member

No, it is fine for them to talk to the media, even though under Italian law that is forbidden at this time. What is wrong is saying the jury was running around watching tv shows, etc and bringing that info into the deliberations room. That would be immediate grounds for a mistrial in a us court.

It is also not right to comment on RS not being subject to cross examination.

Not matter how one feels about the case, you should always be able to find fault or criticize something supporting your side. Those believing in her guilt seems never to find fault with anything, ever. One could still believe strongly in her guilt yet find some things inappropriate just as I could believe in her innocence yet still say she could have had a better demeanor

17. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

I don't expect the rules to be the same in every other country.

The reason IMO that US jurors can't watch television or read news reports about the case they're deciding is because US courts often exclude huge amounts of evidence that's damning to the defendant.
    Personally, I'm of the mindset, it should all be let in and let the chips fall where they may.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Amber29

Amber29 Active Member

19. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Italy to investigate Amanda Knox judge over 'not appropriate' comments to media

By Claudio Lavanga and Alexander Smith, NBC News

Italy's justice department said Tuesday it was investigating comments by one of the judges who reinstated the murder conviction for Amanda Knox and her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito.

Florence judge Alessandro Nencini told two newspapers on Saturday that he agreed with the guilty verdict and said it was difficult to reach because of the amount of evidence and media coverage of the case...

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...priate-comments-to-media?lite/?cid=hero_media

20. Myvice

Myvice Active Member

I didn't think it sounded prejudice either. In fact it was in the context of him feeling sad for having to find them guilty, but the evidence proved they were.

I can't believe they could blame the prosecution though. I would think it would be the fault of the defense for not having him state his case more openly. They have had three shots at it and now they want to complain?

21. sherlockh

sherlockh New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.