Judge Belvin Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I am beginning to look at this a little differently....:waitasec:

Personally, I think this move may have very well been carefully and logically planned out.....BY CM......and pitched to JB. I think it is possible this "plan" is Part A of a very big "last hurrah" for CM...

Read speculation online last night that perhaps the defense was not hoping for a more lenient judge, but in fact, was hoping (and anticipating) a harder nosed judge who was NOT as flexible and "fair and balanced" as Strickland to give more wiggle room for possible future appeal.

There sure has been a LOT of discussion about how "fair" Strickland has been to the defense in order to close all gaps on the road that leads to appeal.....maybe THAT is their defense at this point!

CM is definitely in a class with very few other high profile attorneys (include Cochran, Shapiro here) and Baez, although claiming to be so, is definitely NOT in that class. This was a brilliant move by CM in my mind and is only the beginning I imagine.

CM very well may have pitched a deal to Baez whereas he had a "plan" to turn this entire case around....get the judge removed, new judge assigned and readdress all previous motions (without actually giving his plan away to Baez until deal was struck). Baez probably figured CM was going to work FOR him....

BUT WHAT IF what Baez doesn't realize is that CM is using this ploy to involve himself in one of the largest publix cases in Florida, catch ALL of our attention by his shocking moves (household name), while at the same time, setting himself up to be Casey's "best boy" in her eye's....as Baez is pushed further and further into the corner.....and eventually is able to manipulate Casey's emotions and personality to attempt to negotiate with the state to offer a plea deal to get this case closed.

CM would become a hero in the eyes of the public....for getting this derailed circus back on track and in the direction of resolution.....CM would be the hero of all local defense attorneys (except maybe Baez :dance:).....but most of all, he will forever remain Casey's "bestest boy" for keeping her from death.

I have my suspicions on what direction this is going to take, and just like MD, I don't think Baez sees it coming....

CM is cunning and sly as a fox...make no mistake.

Baez is as naive as....well, a blogger with a penchant for barbeque.....

I brought this up on another thread, but it might go better here:

You know, I'm starting to wonder if Baez hoped that Strickland wouldn't step down. I think CM wanted that all along, but I can also see Baez being petty enough to want to have something to hang over Judge Strickland's head for the rest of the trial. I can see the smirk on his face at every hearing knowing what he's getting away with, yet holding a spotless judge with integrity over the fire for a baseless impropriety. I wonder if there was two agendas going on here, and CM got what he wanted, and Baez really, really, REALLY did not.

I mean, Strickland had thirty days to think about this, and had his awesome response out before the end of the day Monday. I kind of get the idea that CM is really running this show behind the scenes while letting Baez and Casey think what they want to think. I can see the rest of the lawyers going along with it too. I think Baez hero worships CM just as much as Casey does, so if this didn't go according to "the plan", CM would just console him and tell him it would be okay and Baez would believe him.

I can't imagine Baez being okay with a tough as nails judge that will make him "just spit it out, boy!" instead of all the uhms and stuttering he does. Shoot, he drops his paperwork once and that gavel will hit so hard it'll make him fall backwards on his butt. This just doesn't seem like something Baez would want.

CM, AL, LKB? Yes, to get this the hell over with. Baez? No freaking way. Or maybe Baez just secretly hoped that Strickland wouldn't step down. He'd be able to hold something over Strickland and CM, like see? I'm still the man in charge.

I don't know, but Judge Perry doesn't sound like a judge Baez would want at all to me.

I totally agree with you. JB and Co. not only made themselves look like the village idiot but they have made it very apparent just how desperate they are at trying to find a defense for Casey.
Maybe that is the reason they want Judge Perry to hear the case....they didn't want their sorry selves on television any more. The public might not get to see how idiotic they appear. Imagine not getting to see the fake tears anymore!

The defense made a huge blunder in going after Strickland. If their only strategy is an appeal (not to get another crack at a fishing expedition at TES records or to get this trial off camera because their client, no matter what she does, does not look "innocent" on camera) or to scare KC into a plea...they could have done this in a more classy manner. Perry is a Judge's Judge and he will not allow for anymore delays or ring around the rosies with the defense (can't produce documents, silly motions, can't depose anyone). Game on. I hope they are happy with the mess they have made over this ridiculous and evil "little" girl.

Analysis: New Casey Judge “Sets Tone Of Authority”
Posted: 5:42 pm EDT April 20, 2010
Updated: 6:42 pm EDT April 20, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- WFTV went digging into past cases and found the judge who's now presiding over the Casey Anthony case has a great track record when it comes to appeals. Chief Judge Belvin Perry has taken over after Judge Stan Strickland recused himself from the case Monday.

BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Newly Appointed Judge
VIDEO REPORT: New Casey Judge
STRICKLAND STEPS DOWN: Read His Order | Judge Appointed

Judge Perry has been on the bench in Central Florida for 21 years. When he makes a ruling, it's rarely overturned.

more at the link:
photo at the link:
http://www.wftv.com/news/23211421/detail.html

He apprears to be a no nonsense judge. I wonder how he will take to the defense team with their remotions and if he will keep the ruling as JS has. I do hope the defense realizes, they have made a huge mistake but one that will slap Inmate Anthony into reality (hopefully)!

from the link above:
Chief Perry is the go-to judge for problematic criminal cases in Orange and Osceola counties and Casey's case has become one. Judge Perry has an extraordinary record; almost always, what he says goes.

Circuit Judge Perry has been chief judge for almost 13 years. Over the last ten years, in the many criminal cases he's heard, some of which have been death penalty cases, only one of his rulings was partially overturned by a higher court.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says that's a phenomenal record

“The likelihood that Judge Perry will either allow a mistake to happen or be drawn into committing some reversible error himself is slight,” Sheaffer said (watch full interview).

Watch out Inmate Anthony, if you thought you were in for a ride before, this one may just get too bumpy for you...You may want to consider a guilty plea and save your self from certain death. This judge has no problems sentencing a defendant to death! I do hope he scares her straight into a confession! :woohoo:

Good Luck Judge Perry, Jr...I do hope your sights will be on the innocent victim, Caylee Marie...I can't wait to see him in action. Is there a court date set for the motions filed yet???

JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Let's hope the new judge makes JB step up those depositions. We are still only hearing about a few. If they are not being done on a weekly basis I hope the judge tells them they need to step up to the plate and get the job done. I do not see someone concerned about the state's budget fooling around anymore. Defense has wasted 1 1/2 years. JMO

Here's an administrative order by Judge Perry pertaining to special procedures and media in high profile cases:

AMENDED ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER GOVERNING PROCEEDINGS OF GENERAL MEDIA INTEREST AND PROCEDURES FOR SPECIAL INTEREST/HIGH PROFILE PROCEEDINGS

Is this a sneak peek at how Judge Perry will run his courtroom? I sure hope so ...

It starts off:

(a) All representatives of the media must exhibit media credentials at all times.
(b) All representatives of the media must read this Administrative Order and Florida Rule of Judicial Administration 2.450 governing technological coverage of judicial proceedings.
(c) All representatives of the media must exhibit proper courtroom decorum, dress appropriately, no eating or gum chewing, and place pagers and cell phones in silent mode.

I can't wait until the first hearing! :dance:

Here's an administrative order by Judge Perry pertaining to special procedures and media in high profile cases:

AMENDED ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER GOVERNING PROCEEDINGS OF GENERAL MEDIA INTEREST AND PROCEDURES FOR SPECIAL INTEREST/HIGH PROFILE PROCEEDINGS

Is this a sneak peek at how Judge Perry will run his courtroom? I sure hope so ...

It starts off:

(a) All representatives of the media must exhibit media credentials at all times.
(b) All representatives of the media must read this Administrative Order and Florida Rule of Judicial Administration 2.450 governing technological coverage of judicial proceedings.
(c) All representatives of the media must exhibit proper courtroom decorum, dress appropriately, no eating or gum chewing, and place pagers and cell phones in silent mode.

So since CA and GA obviously consider themselves part of the media, does that mean they're going to only speak when spoken to (no outbursts), to have dress appropriately (look like actual grieving grandparents and not people living off bloody money) and not chew gum? Oh my. Methinks they are not going to like this judge, lol.

OMG I simply CANNOT WAIT until the first hearing before this judge!!! Of course, I'm sure CM will know what to expect, but I WANT TO SEE JB GET UP AND UMM, JUDGE, UMM, WELL JUDGE, UMM to this new guy!!!

So since CA and GA obviously consider themselves part of the media, does that mean they're going to only speak when spoken to (no outbursts), to have dress appropriately (look like actual grieving grandparents and not people living off bloody money) and not chew gum? Oh by. Methinks they are not going to like this judge, lol.

I don't know, but it surrre will be interesting to watch! I'm wondering how many people other than relatives and media are going to be allowed in the gallery ... it sounds like this judge will be strict about entering and leaving when courts in session at the very least ... can't wait!

It starts off:

Hmmm I would imagine that CA and GA will no longer be allowed to smack gum! ..........

It starts off:

Since His Honor called MD a journalist/blogger in his order, will he have to get media credentials now??

I can't wait to see a flirty little pen fight or giggle-fit between JB & KC in court NOW!! I'm willing to bet there will be a much somber mood from here on out.

Does anyone know when the next hearing is so we can see Judge Perry in action?

That is what I have been wondering too...I really want my children to watch the first motion hearing. We have watched some depo's and some of the motion hearings. My older teens have been shocked at the gum chewing and other things that have come up.

I'm so excited to be able to see this excellent jurist in action. Umm Umm ....Dumb Dumb Baez would be wise to take lessons in eloquence .
I will miss Judge Strickland ,but I can wait to see Judge Perry's court room!

I can't wait to see a flirty little pen fight or giggle-fit between JB & KC in court NOW!! I'm willing to bet there will be a much somber mood from here on out.

Was there actually a "flirty little pen fight" or are you being funny?

As we all know sometimes it's difficult to gauge the tone of a poster, e.g., sarcasm. These type of comments bother me at times, I can just see someone saying...."omg, Casey and Jose even have pen fights in the courtroom". Kind of how rumors get started or perhaps I'm really naive.

I'd love to see the video though. haha

Sigh, I had the displeasure of watching the flirty pen fight myself. I just don't have the energy to look it up. Sorry mad tired tonight.

ETA:
Warning Visual:It looked like they were in high school. It's my pen smile wink, no it's mine.
:crazy:

Was there actually a "flirty little pen fight" or are you being funny?

As we all know sometimes it's difficult to gauge the tone of a poster, e.g., sarcasm. These type of comments bother me at times, I can just see someone saying...."omg, Casey and Jose even have pen fights in the courtroom". Kind of how rumors get started or perhaps I'm really naive.

I'd love to see the video though. haha

It happened! I saw it myself on live TV. No rumor on this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff