Judge orders abortion against wishes

dixiegirl1035

I will do it, but I won't like it
Reaction score
British judge orders disabled 22-week pregnant woman to have abortion | Fox News

A British judge ordered Friday that an abortion be performed on a mentally disabled woman who is 22 weeks pregnant, despite objections from the woman and her mother.

Justice Nathalie Lieven admits in the ruling of the “heartbreaking” case that it’s an “immense intrusion” to order the abortion against the woman’s will, but argued that it’s in the best interest of the woman.

From the linked article:

Police are reportedly investigating how the pregnancy happened in the first place.

Between a rock & a hard place with this one. Glad I'm not involved in the decision-making! The judge makes sense, the victim's Mom makes sense. The article doesn't tell us the age of the victim's Mom, likely part of the judge's decision.

JMHO YMMV

Catholic mother wins court bid to stop medics performing an abortion on her 22-weeks-pregnant mentally ill daughter

Doctors must not be allowed to perform an abortion on a pregnant mentally-ill woman, Court of Appeal judges have ruled.

A judge on Friday concluded that a pregnancy termination was in the woman's best interests.

Mrs Justice Lieven had analysed evidence at a hearing in the Court of Protection, where issues relating to people who lack the mental capacity to make decisions are considered, in London.

But three appeal judges on Monday over-ruled that decision after the woman's mother, a former midwife, mounted a challenge.

Lord Justice McCombe, Lady Justice King and Lord Justice Peter Jackson had considered the challenge at a Court of Appeal hearing in London.

They said they would give reasons for their decision at a later date.

BBM

The daughter is mentally impaired, not mentally ill btw.

Very glad this has been stopped.

A Nigerian lawyer writes the following:

As a Catholic Nigerian woman living in the United Kingdom, my heart is broken as I read the details and reports of this case. I understand why this Nigerian grandmother would be against the killing of her grandchild. Catholic Nigerians are pro-life both because of our faith and because of our cultural heritage. Our people still hold firmly to the belief that human life is precious even in the mother’s womb. We believe that God owns life and that God gives life. These are deeply held beliefs that no judge or court should attempt to strip from our hearts and minds.

This case reveals what happens when an activist lawyer becomes a powerful judge. Nathalie Lieven was appointed a High Court judge in December 2018, and her appointment took effect on January 11, 2019. Most reports have failed to highlight that in the last fifteen years Lieven has had a prominent place in the British pro-abortion movement. She has been in the forefront of some of the landmark abortion-related cases in the country.

More about this judge at the link:
Murder Disguised as Care | Obianuju EkeochaMurder Disguised as Care | Obianuju Ekeocha

Woah. That's a lot of assumptions she made.

Has a legal decision to force abortion ever been made before in the west?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back