Judge Perry admonishes Jose Baez

I agree! wow i saw that... Incredible! I would love to send Judge Perry a big box of these!

FD_reviewimages_25567_donut1_w260_h190.jpg

http://www.fooddigger.com/images/FD_reviewimages_25567_donut1_w260_h190.jpg

The heck with Judge Perry, send those to me! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I don't think JB's eye-rolling during HHJBP's admonishment is going to go over very big.

I saw it, and that is very very rude, and I am sure that HHJBP also saw it. JB and Casey are 2 peas in a pod, but Casey is going to get the brunt of it!!!

sorry, haven't read the whole thread - but I caught a picture of the reprimand...

Check out the guy behind him,with his hand over his mouth . He's hiding a smile.

This is what I don't get : What did JB "THINK" was going to happen?! Didn't he realize he was stepping into a big pile of legal-poo-poo with a line of questioning that was leading to a HUGE conclusion that was NOT in his expert's report?! Did he honestly expect NO ONE to OBJECT? That HHJP would NOT get angry?

I always told my kids when they were young....A leads to B, and B leads to C.... DON'T STOP THINKING AT "B'....GO ALLLLLL THE WAY TO 'C' AND FIGURE OUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DO 'A' !!!

His ignorance is astounding.

It troubles me that B Perry paints the State with the same broad brush that he smears over Baez. I feel very sorry for the State's Attorneys. Not only are they organized, methodical, timely and following the rules, but as well as trying to listen to the defense witnesses testimony, they also have to be constantly alert to Baez breaking the law /rules. It has to be exhausting. And I can see why JA's blood starts to boil. He is following Baez' line of questioning, knows it is leading to no good, and half the time, in spite his objections, Baez gets in his comments, snarks and insinuations.

I think HH felt JA was playing a game when he did not get the list Dr. Vass used,from the FBI,and turn it over to JB. I think the FBI was refusing to give them to the DT ,within their rights,but JP knew if the State requested it to give to the DT ,it would be done.
In the end,that's what happened.Technically JA didn't have to,but it settled the issue.
At least ,that was my take of what happened. I don't have the brainpower so many WSers have,though,so I may be completely off.:crazy:

This is what I don't get : What did JB "THINK" was going to happen?! Didn't he realize he was stepping into a big pile of legal-poo-poo with a line of questioning that was leading to a HUGE conclusion that was NOT in his expert's report?! Did he honestly expect NO ONE to OBJECT? That HHJP would NOT get angry?

I always told my kids when they were young....A leads to B, and B leads to C.... DON'T STOP THINKING AT "B'....GO ALLLLLL THE WAY TO 'C' AND FIGURE OUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DO 'A' !!!

His ignorance is astounding.

Exactly! He knew,he just thought the judge had to let it slide or he risked an appeal issue. This is a DP case and keeping out an expert witnesses testimony could be huge.
JB and CM know that and are flaunting it. I hope they both pay dearly.

HOLY MOLY!!! I just watched part 2 of today's trial...Judge Perry wiped that snarky grin off the face of Baez big time... Baez was madder than a wet hen too. Holy moly.
I love this!!

Totally going to try and shoehorn that into conversations from now on.

Do you guys think JP will find JB in contempt of court and throw his arse in jail? :behindbar
I think it will happen, since JP is tired of JB's shenanigans and for some reason JB is not getting the point, he has been fined $585 before and warned numerous occasions before today's stunt, so after the trial is over JB might be spending a day or two in the pokey.

I watched the entire video posted in the opening post and did not see the eyeroll or Casey's expression. Could someone please point out at what minute mark I can see this?

Baez saying he's going to take the deposition of his own witness was further evidence of his lack of knowledge and inexperience. The reason for taking the deposition of an expert is to determine what his opinion is and the basis for it, so you can prepare to challenge it. It's done in the formal procedure of a deposition because the other side's expert won't talk to you otherwise, and because you want the expert under oath and a record of the questioning, so you can rely on the expert to testify at trial what he told you.

But it makes no sense to say you are taking the deposition of your own expert. Your own expert will talk to you -- you are paying him or her to talk to you. And you can expect your own expert will not deceive you even if he is not under oath or "on the record".

Not meaning to take JB's "side," but wasn't JB trying to imply that he had had no idea what Spitz was going to say, so he felt he needed to take a deposition also? So he could disclose to the prosecution if necessary?

Not meaning to take JB's "side," but wasn't JB trying to imply that he had had no idea what Spitz was going to say, so he felt he needed to take a deposition also? So he could disclose to the prosecution if necessary?

This wasn't about Spitz at all.

While I have to admit that I had a smile on my face while the judge was letting JB have it, I also have to admit that JB's antics scare the fire out of me. I keep thinking that he is doing such a poor job in so many aspects of representing his client that an appeal for ineffective counsel would certainly be granted.

However, then I remind myself that HHJP is doing everything that he can to make sure that KC gets a fair trial EVEN with JB as her attorney. Some have pointed out that the judge said earlier that if the expert's testimony was not in their report they wouldn't be allowed to give it in court and some think that HHJP is wrong for allowing this testimony to come in next week since JB was trying to get it in outside the court order. I see it differently and think this is further example of what HHJP referred to when he said if necessary, he would "fall on the sword" if the DT didn't put on a defense after he gave the jury an estimate of when he expected them to get the case.

HHJP is the final word in his courtroom and the DT is pushing his buttons by putting him in situations where he is, in effect, over-ruling his own words. I don't think he is one bit happy about it and I think that JB will find out how unhappy he is when this trial is over. I also don't think this has anything to do with KC or the DT, but HHJP's own high standards he sets for himself and his courtroom because of the high esteem in which he holds a jury and their decisions. It is obvious that he values the time these jurors are giving to this case and that he respects their verdicts. I believe the reason that he would "fall on the sword" is to protect their verdict (should it be a conviction) from being wiped out in an appeal because of any of his words or orders so he is willing to "over-rule" himself - not for the benefit of the one on trial & not for the benefit of a lawyer who has violated his order - but for the benefit of the jurors who have given their time and attention to hear the case and render a verdict that he believes should have every opportunity possible to survive the process of appeals.

MOO, of course

As much as I dislike KC, her getting a fair trial is of utmost importance. Do we really want HHJP to do something that could get KC's conviction overturned? I don't think any of us want that. IMO, the man knows what he's doing.

Seeing HHJP refusing to allow the witness to testify would be some awesome instant gratification, but it will be far more gratifying to see Caylee Marie get justice.

My opinions...

ITA. This is long and painful, and I may have a full head of grey hair before it's over, but the point is to have true justice for Caylee. It has to be done in certain way even if we don't like it. I seriously hope the defense wraps up in one more week, though. They can't have much else to put on after the disaster of the last two days.

I fully expected baez to curl up in a ball as JP's admonishment went on and that other defense lawyer walked over with his laptop.

Can I nominate JBPJ for the Supreme Court?

I fully expected baez to curl up in a ball as JP's admonishment went on and that other defense lawyer walked over with his laptop.

When he talked about the "game playing" he was referring to both sides, SA and DT. To be fair, JA has been admonished before and he looked none too pleased. It's no fun being a grown man being talked down to like that.

I still cannot find one instance of JB "eye-rolling." Is everyone referring to the part where he looks up slightly right before JP calls for a recess?

Well, we saw some shock and awe visited upon JB today and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the story JP told about the situation in which he found himself up the creek without a paddle and how he handled it. As mad as JP must have been, he was still gracious enough to try to impart some helpful advice to the numbskull JB. HHJP is a fine judge and has done everything he can to make sure the defendant has a fair trial in spite of the stupid choice of attorneys she made. It's also possible that now all of the other attorneys are furious at Baez because the result of his tactics will be the probability of working longer hours. Enjoy JB!

I think HH felt JA was playing a game when he did not get the list Dr. Vass used,from the FBI,and turn it over to JB. I think the FBI was refusing to give them to the DT ,within their rights,but JP knew if the State requested it to give to the DT ,it would be done.
In the end,that's what happened.Technically JA didn't have to,but it settled the issue.
At least ,that was my take of what happened. I don't have the brainpower so many WSers have,though,so I may be completely off.:crazy:

The state also gave b&w copies of color power point slides to the defense, and at the last minute. So that resulted in a lengthy review of the slides during court time. This was when the hair expert who did the study was on the stand. That's all I can think of in addition to what you mentioned, but considering all of the sidebars in this case, there may have been more.

I understand why Baez was chastised by HHJP today due to questioning DS on something not in his report and therefore not disclosed to the SA. But can someone with a legal background explain to me how the SA got away with introducing the duct tape superimposition on Caylee's face if that was not disclosed to the defense ahead of time ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back