Judge S. Orders Court Reporter To Release 3/25/09 Sidebar Transcript

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, could be, we probably need to look back at a timeline for Feb/March to see what other issues were coming up.

Something Baez said during that sidebar has got the prosecution bringing it into evidence, is what it looks like to me.
I volunteer to search! Just tell me where to go! (now, behave yourselves).

Wow Mom, I had no idea the vids had become such an issue!

There is so much mystery on this case. Even more than in a case where the Sunshine laws aren't so lenient. And they seem to be much larger issues than what was involved in the crime.

Who paid for Padillo and the bond?
Where is the money coming from for the defense?
Why did JB need an in camera interview with the judge? (That one still bugs me)
What is the status of the last complaint to the bar?

JB has stated publically that he isn't getting paid for his defense hasn't he?
Now the prosecution is asking for a transcript of how JB is being paid. I think the prosecution is preparing another complaint for the bar. This just happens to be a convenient time for it. The prosecution has the responsibility to try to handle anything that will cause the defendent to win an appeal. And that includes an incompetent attorney. I think the defense is trying to close that door as far as an issue for an appeal by making the complaints to the bar. If the bar accepts JB's actions as acceptable, it isn't likely the appeals court will rule it as grounds for a new trial.

I was at this hearing, and you are correct. There was the "In Camera" meeting in another room, and then near the END of the hearing - after Strickland announced his decision about the conflict of interest - he says "I just wanted to have a sidebar conference for a minute about one other thing, and then we will conclude."

Only 34 seconds long -
http://www.wftv.com/video/19010224/index.html

I am not so sure that the sidebar hearing WAS about the conflict of interest issue, it was about something else.
Well, it sounds as if "this one other thing" is something the judge wanted to make clear obviously to counsel only. What on earth could it be? MM...does the court reporter go right up to where they're talking?

bbm:
I see it in the opposite venue; the SA is confident with their case. I feel they are closing in on JB and tighting the attempts for motions that JB seems to enjoy writing.

OOOOOOOOHHH !! ....I like that thought!!!! :)

Well, it sounds as if "this one other thing" is something the judge wanted to make clear obviously to counsel only. What on earth could it be? MM...does the court reporter go right up to where they're talking?

I don't remember, just remember wishing I could hear them, heh

Need to find a complete vid of the whole hearing, not just pieces...

I volunteer to search! Just tell me where to go! (now, behave yourselves).

Wow Mom, I had no idea the vids had become such an issue!

Most of the media sites have timelines that may have something.

Today's Current News threads here would be a great resource, are they collected somwhere?

Maybe motions filed in Feb/March could provide a clue....

Most of the media sites have timelines that may have something.

Today's Current News threads here would be a great resource, are they collected somwhere?

Maybe motions filed in Feb/March could provide a clue....

Here is the thread from the Motions Hearing on March 25, 2009

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81978&highlight=2009.03.25+Motions+Hearing

Motions Hearing Videos
YouTube - Motions Hearing 3/25/09 Part 1
YouTube - Motions Hearing 3/25/09 Part 2
YouTube - Motions Hearing 3/25/09 Part 3
YouTube - Motions Hearing 3/25/09 Part 4
YouTube - Motions Hearing 3/25/09 Part 5
YouTube - Motions Hearing 3/25/09 Part 6 (End)

All motions of hearings are in here: Official Documents-Audio-Arrest Updates No Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

All Today's Current News threads can be found with a simple search. We do not have them in one specific area.

There is so much mystery on this case. Even more than in a case where the Sunshine laws aren't so lenient. And they seem to be much larger issues than what was involved in the crime.

Who paid for Padillo and the bond?
Where is the money coming from for the defense?
Why did JB need an in camera interview with the judge? (That one still bugs me)
What is the status of the last complaint to the bar?

JB has stated publically that he isn't getting paid for his defense hasn't he?
Now the prosecution is asking for a transcript of how JB is being paid. I think the prosecution is preparing another complaint for the bar. This just happens to be a convenient time for it. The prosecution has the responsibility to try to handle anything that will cause the defendent to win an appeal. And that includes an incompetent attorney. I think the defense is trying to close that door as far as an issue for an appeal by making the complaints to the bar. If the bar accepts JB's actions as acceptable, it isn't likely the appeals court will rule it as grounds for a new trial.

Some of the questions are :eek:fftopic: for this thread.
Padilla paid the $50,000.00 out of his pocket for the $500,000.00 bond.

We still don't know where the money is coming from for the defense team. Although there is speculation that videos/photos were sold, however we have no idea one way or another.

I don't recall if the status regarding the last complaint to the bar has been resolved. A good place to post that question is here. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86705"]LIST Questions and Answers #8 LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Here is a vid with the complete hearing:
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/032509video_motion_hearing

The court reporter is not at the bench recording what was said for this sidebar.

She does, however, go into the other room for the In Camera conference and presumably records that. I remember there being a little bit of discussion in the courtroom on whether or not it would be recorded, and it was decided that it would be.

PattyG, would it make sense to have a section in the Case Resource Links collecting all of the Current Daily News threads? Seems like it could be helpful in the future, with a separate thread for each day, making it easy to find a particular day. Kind of a news timeline for what's happened in the case. I see Angel Who Cares has a somewhat similar thread for Media Links, but I don't know that everything from the Current Daily News is included.....

Here is a vid with the complete hearing:
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/032509video_motion_hearing

PattyG, would it make sense to have a section in the Case Resource Links collecting all of the Current Daily News threads? Seems like it could be helpful in the future, with a separate thread for each day, making it easy to find a particular day. Kind of a news timeline for what's happened in the case. I see Angel Who Cares has a somewhat similar thread for Media Links, but I don't know that everything from the Current Daily News is included.....

Everything that is posted in the Current News Thread is in the Media Thread.

Here is the last video of the hearing.YouTube - Motions Hearing 3/25/09 Part 6 (End)

When the Judge calls for the sidebar, he waves off the court reporter.

At 4:42, you can clearly see that the court reporter is NOT taking notes. She is just sitting there.

It makes me wonder if there is a recorder of some kind that is activated during the sidebar hearing.

When the Judge calls for the sidebar, he waves off the court reporter.

At 4:42, you can clearly see that the court reporter is NOT taking notes. She is just sitting there.

It makes me wonder if there is a recorder of some kind that is activated during the sidebar hearing.

Great thought PattyG. Any attorneys know if this is a possibility? That the judge would have a recorder for sidebars, so that there is a record of what was said?

Great thought PattyG. Any attorneys know if this is a possibility? That the judge would have a recorder for sidebars, so that there is a record of what was said?

I found this:

What about those times when the judge does not want anyone to hear? During federal proceedings (this also applies to many state courts), the sidebar conference (where the two attorneys confer at the bench with the judge) is considered a privileged conversation regarding procedural issues that are not to be heard by the jury, witness or gallery.

To prevent these conversations from being overheard, the new U.S. federal standard has pink noise injected into the room in all loudspeakers except the judge's, thereby masking the conversation. A button labeled "sidebar" at the judge's control panel activates this. The system must switch off all mics in the room, activate the sidebar mic (generally an omnidirectional boundary mic located on the rail of the judge's bench) and route the signal to the court reporter and the tape deck for transcription.

http://digitalcontentproducer.com/mag/avinstall_orderinthecourt/

I am wondering why the pros has requested this at this time? Did they hear something? Learn something that makes them want this sidebar in writing? Did JB make a claim that can now be disputed? :waitasec: I sure hope we get to see it!

I am speculating now:
Since this request for a transcript comes around the same time the prosecution is seeking to set a trial date for the fraud charges, could this "one other thing" that Strickland wanted to discuss be about setting a date for the fraud trial? And Baez said something that differs from what he says in his motions to delay the fraud trial?

I found this:

What about those times when the judge does not want anyone to hear? During federal proceedings (this also applies to many state courts), the sidebar conference (where the two attorneys confer at the bench with the judge) is considered a privileged conversation regarding procedural issues that are not to be heard by the jury, witness or gallery.

To prevent these conversations from being overheard, the new U.S. federal standard has pink noise injected into the room in all loudspeakers except the judge's, thereby masking the conversation. A button labeled "sidebar" at the judge's control panel activates this. The system must switch off all mics in the room, activate the sidebar mic (generally an omnidirectional boundary mic located on the rail of the judge's bench) and route the signal to the court reporter and the tape deck for transcription.

http://digitalcontentproducer.com/mag/avinstall_orderinthecourt/

PattyG, you truly ROCK! :) :clap::clap::clap:

I am speculating now:
Since this request for a transcript comes around the same time the prosecution is seeking to set a trial date for the fraud charges, could this "one other thing" that Strickland wanted to discuss be about setting a date for the fraud trial? And Baez said something that differs from what he says in his motions to delay the fraud trial?

IMO, nope this has nothing to do with setting the date for the fraud charges. However, I feel there was something in relation to money discussed during that sidebar that "triggered" the state to want that transcript since the bank has been paid back by the defense team.

Stricklands exact words are "I wanted to have a little bit of a sidebar conference with counsel for just a moment to let them know about one other thing"

Hmmmm....

Stricklands exact words are "I wanted to have a little bit of a sidebar conference with counsel for just a moment to let them know about one other thing"

Hmmmm....

All we can do is "cross our fingers" and hope this is subject to release based on the "Sunshine Laws" :crazy:

All we can do is "cross our fingers" and hope this is subject to release based on the "Sunshine Laws" :crazy:

I'm crossing my toes,my legs and my eyes,too. :crazy:

Hmmmm....
Could this "one other thing" have been about Casey's signed affidavit where she claims her innocence ? This affidavit was signed by Casey on Mar 10, 2009. A link is below...

http://www.wftv.com/blank/18901013/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member