Judge's Order re: OP's Mental Health Eval

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be interesting. I can't read it as I've reached my 'ten free articles per month limit' so let me know if there's anything earth shattering won't you.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...va-Steenkamp-on-instinct-his-father-says.html

Lithgow, using Firefox I am limited to 10 free Telegraph articles per month like you. But using IE I get unlimited access, the same as UK residents are supposed to. Which shows that there is something IE is useful for after all. Don't tell anyone else or the loophole may be closed :wink:.

One thing they will find out for sure during his psychiatric assessment is that OP is a compulsive liar.
Compulsive liars cannot help but lie ! They lie about everything and actually believe their own lies even when faced with evidence to the contrary.

He lied about the boat accident, the shooting at Tasha’s and shooting out of the sun roof despite witness accounts etc... He’s got away with his lies for years, maybe all his life. (There was always someone to cover up for him)

I would not be surprised if he was concocting the lie about Reeva’s death as he was shooting her. He certainly was soon after !

An intruder ? Give me a break !

We all know there are huge crime problems in South Africa.
Yes there are intruders, heck even intruders are ‘intruded’ ! (LOL)
He was not fearful of intruders....he had an unrepaired broken window down stairs, he had alarms, he had enough weapons to kit a small army....he even had a ladder, he kept his cars out of the garage and he lived on a very secure estate ! If Op had had an intruder believe me he would have known all about it. Intruders are very quick, unfortunately very ‘clued up’ and very scary ! Intruders usually ‘operate’ in a group. I can tell you they do not stop the ‘intrusion’ for a toilet break !

I believe OP knew exactly what he was doing and the ‘intruder’ theory was thought up on the spur of THAT moment and he has stuck with it and has had to make it ‘fit’ ever since despite all the evidence to the contrary.

If you step back and look at the trial as a whole and not the daily ‘bits’ you will see his story does not add up at all !

(Sorry if it is a little long...)

...Just an excuse for Pistorius to shoot at a real living creature and kill it. I bet he got a cheap thrill out of it.

rsbm

IIRC game ranches are among the many Pistorius family holdings. If so, OP likely has lots of experience shooting living creatures. IF there's a SA version of PETA, OP would keep his "kills" out of the press to prevent risk to his brand/sponsors.

As it seems unlikely that OP will be able to jump the waiting time for either an inpatient bed or as an outpatient, what I am waiting to hear tomorrow is re his bail situation. I can't comprehend that the Judge will allow his bail to be extended. This is for 2 reasons. Dr V stated that he was dangerous and the majority of the evidence has been presented. On that evidence, I believe OP will be convicted of the gun offences and the murder of Reeva. His credibility is zilch, zero.
So he is a flight risk, a suicide risk and a risk to others.
I know nothing about SA law other than what I have learned from being on the forum, but surely these general principles of bail would in these changed circumstances be cause to be asked to be revoked by the State?

rsbm

IIRC game ranches are among the many Pistorius family holdings. If so, OP likely has lots of experience shooting living creatures. IF there's a SA version of PETA, OP would keep his "kills" out of the press to prevent risk to his brand/sponsors.

You are likely right. OTOH the incident of the dog could be presented as an act of mercy.

When my mom (who was my best friend) passed away my ex became very angry with me for not putting his pain first. How selfish I was for not noticing how badly he was hurting. And that's what life with a narcissist is really like
- you aren't afforded a moment in your own life to deal with your own issues, every moment of every day revolves around them, how life affects them and your obligation, simply because you love them, is to make them feel better, put them first, soothe their wounds, etc.

JMO and FWIW

OP has hurting from the "hurdle meeting" that day, so much so Reeva msg him she'd understand if he needed to be with family that night. I imagine OP arriving home expecting Reeva to focus all her attention/understanding/love on him as he ranted and railed about his woes and those who'd caused them, which she did for perhaps hours. But at some point he refocused his anger on her. Did she give him unwanted advice? Did she change the subject, perhaps mentioning her Tropika debut in 2 days? Did she give him his Valentine gift/card hoping to cheer him up, and he took it as a rebuke since he had nothing for her?

You are likely right. OTOH the incident of the dog could be presented as an act of mercy.

That's what OP thought the reporters he told the story to would think. What struck me in that anecdote was how the reporters OP related that tale to didn't report it at the time and that reporters have covered for OP since he became famous at age 17. His public relations team couldn't have covered up so much of his bad behavior without willing accomplices in the press.

That's what OP thought the reporters he told the story to would think. What struck me in that anecdote was how the reporters OP related that tale to didn't report it at the time and that reporters have covered for OP since he became famous at age 17. His public relations team couldn't have covered up so much of his bad behavior without willing accomplices in the press.

Good point. It's really the lack of empathy with the human, rather than the animal, that makes that story so distasteful. Quite possibly shooting the dog was the right thing to do, but acting like that without speaking to the owner, well :no:

Hi Lithgow1,

Just had a read, seems like if you are a professional sportsman your first instinct is to shoot REALLY !!!! ???? Picture a lawn bowler blowing away somebody who moved the jack !!! Sorry couldn't help that. Thank you for your wonderful posts.

Any hunter will refrain from firing their weapon until the target has been identified. You don't want to shoot another hunter. So I call BS

Shoot (sorry), I can`t post to the previous thread anymore.

Just a reply/comment to 44ALLAN

Have a look at the plan view of the 4 bullets trajectory and come back with your view as to whether they were random and aiming at the door handle...............and bear in mind where the bullets hit................Reeva.
They were not lucky or random shots.

This pic shows that the last bullets hit the panel next to the door handle, the panel that he broke down with the cricket bat and/or kicked it down, right? I did not mean that he tried to shoot the lock or even shot randomly at the door, but perhaps he was thinking about breaking the panel next to the door handle to get to the lock from inside.

http://newsnyork.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/X4bV265ZY8.jpg

Hope it`s clear now what I meant. :)

It's so wonderful to read the intelligent posts and to be able to follow court activity via zwie, trooper and others. Thank you all so much.

Does anyone think the plans for OP's evaluation will be wrapped up tomorrow?

If Nel argues for in-house commitment, any thoughts as to the outcome?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/pistorius-housekeeper-inside-home-shooting/story?id=23602899

This revelation about Frank still irks me. Not only because he was there and heard nothing :silenced: but another thing, was OP ever fearful of noises made by Frank in the middle of the night or was he barred from leaving his room after nightfall? Why was Reeva shot, but not Frank? (sorry Frank :therethere:)
If this was a movie, it has too many plot holes to be plausible.

:waitasec:

Lest we forget, whilst Frank 'heard nothing' re: screaming and gunshots and was asleep at the time. He suddenly sprang awake for no reason, got dressed and was at the front door by the time the Standers arrived.

:silenced:

.. and it's just possible that one of the reasons (apart from not wanting to spend the next 25 years in jail) that he doesn't want to admit to what he did or to tell the exact truth about what happened that night is because he in his own mind wants to save/protect Reeva's parents from the truth.

Snipped by me :)

... perhaps he is trying to stop the one person in the court (and her assessors) finding out what happened, who are capable of holding him to account for his actions...

Snipped by me :)

... perhaps he is trying to stop the one person in the court (and her assessors) finding out what happened, who are capable of holding him to account for his actions...

Oh definitely! .. just that I think he is quite a complex character and that I very much doubt he would ever tell the truth, even if it was in some sort of parallel world where they didn't have jail sentences!

Justice for the rich and famous is just a day away now.

eNCAnews is reporting that "Oscar Pistorius will be referred to the Weskoppies psychiatric hospital tomorrow - as an outpatient."

It's the fact that he apparently ignored the owner of the dog that makes this story so unpleasant. Hits dog, shoots it, speeds off, all without a word to the owner.

Now if the dog was definitely beyond veterinary help, it was probably the kindest thing to do, but the complete lack of sympathy with the owner is unpleasant. If that was my dog I would be devastated, but having some unfeeling **** behave like that would make it even more upsetting. Did it really happen? Don't know, but the fact that he apparently told people this story speaks volumes.

Just an excuse for Pistorius to shoot at a real living creature and kill it. I bet he got a cheap thrill out of it.

What about the bullet ricocheting and hitting either the dog owner or himself, no worry about that?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/pistorius-housekeeper-inside-home-shooting/story?id=23602899

This revelation about Frank still irks me. Not only because he was there and heard nothing :silenced: but another thing, was OP ever fearful of noises made by Frank in the middle of the night or was he barred from leaving his room after nightfall? Why was Reeva shot, but not Frank? (sorry Frank :therethere:)
If this was a movie, it has too many plot holes to be plausible.

:waitasec:

Well I think this is just another indication that his whole story is a completely ridiculous fabrication.

Don't tell me OP did not have some means of contacting Frank in an emergency via panic button or mobile phone.

Surely this blows his whole "I was so afraid for Reeva and myself and the only thing to do was get my gun for protection" story out of the water? it was ludicrous when it was just the two of them in the house, because all they had to do was push the panic button and go downstairs. Now it is clear that there was another man in the house it is just pathetic.

It's so wonderful to read the intelligent posts and to be able to follow court activity via zwie, trooper and others. Thank you all so much.

Does anyone think the plans for OP's evaluation will be wrapped up tomorrow?

If Nel argues for in-house commitment, any thoughts as to the outcome?

I think because we're midtrial, they're going to do whatever necessary for as quick a resolution as possible. If it means outpatient, so be it.

That said, I hope not. This case already has inequality written all over it - and just once, whether right or wrong, I'd like Pistorius to be held in the same regard as every other person accused of murder in South Africa. I hate it when certain defendants get 'perks'. Justice is supposed to be blind.

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

For the life of me I can't remember. (Imagine that) So I am asking my wondeful fellow WSers for :help: Is it Uncle A or Daddy H that has a disparaging remark concerning women carved into an archway at his home?? Double bonus points if you recall the epitath. jk. TIA

Shoot (sorry), I can`t post to the previous thread anymore.

Just a reply/comment to 44ALLAN

This pic shows that the last bullets hit the panel next to the door handle, the panel that he broke down with the cricket bat and/or kicked it down, right? I did not mean that he tried to shoot the lock or even shot randomly at the door, but perhaps he was thinking about breaking the panel next to the door handle to get to the lock from inside.

http://newsnyork.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/X4bV265ZY8.jpg

Hope it`s clear now what I meant. :)

I understand what your saying but the bullets were fired at Reeva to kill her.......no question in my mind that he could see her through the gap in the door and he executed her. That's why her screaming 'intensified' because she could also see him and he was probably telling her what he was going to do to her.

Breaking the door panel with the shots would not even have been in his mind IMO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam