Judge's Order re: OP's Mental Health Eval

Status
Not open for further replies.
I note in IB's link that whilst both Nel and Roux agree re an outpatient evaluation for OP, that M'lady says this is preferable. This suggests to me that she herself has noted that this could also be as an inpatient. It will be interesting to see how she (and Roux) reacts if it's not possible and involves a long time delay. It may be that Nel will not be happy about a long delay either, very difficult I would guess so far along in the trial.

I doubt he'd have been granted bail AT ALL, pre and during trial, if he was that much of a liability .
I don't think for a minute that Pistorius is really a danger to anyone at this point other than possibly himself. But, do you think he would have been granted bail had he not been wealthy and a 'hero' and do you think he should have been denied bail given that the majority of people who are charged with having commited murder in SA are on remand awaiting trial?

Can a man declare for his whole life he doesn't consider himself disabled, become an inspiration for it and then when it suit's him pull out the disabled card?.

Can a man declare for his whole life he doesn't consider himself disabled, become an inspiration for it and then when it suit's him pull out the disabled card?.

He can if he's OP.

Apparently, yes.

Can hardly wait for tomorrow's proceedings. Something tells me the golden boy will be remanded to outpatient treatment. No inpatient for him. I hope I am wrong.

I don't think for a minute that Pistorius is really a danger to anyone at this point other than possibly himself. But, do you think he would have been granted bail had he not been wealthy and a 'hero' and do you think he should have been denied bail given that the majority of people who are charged with having commited murder in SA are on remand awaiting trial?

I know this one! I know this one! :tantrum:

I'll take "who is a privileged and special accused for 3 thousand Alex!" :floorlaugh:

He hasn't been found guilty of committing murder yet, either.

He can if he's OP.

Sickening the length's he will go to get try and get away with murder, he latched onto his disability from word go regarding this incident, polar opposite to how he had spoke of it his whole life previously.

Hiya :) I don't think it would have even got to trial, never mind televised, had he not been famous. Others who have killed, mistaking for intruders, haven't even been brought to trial, never mind prosecuted.

Isn't that because others stood up like real men, pled guilty, and took responsibility for their actions? Rhetorical question, btw.

Hiya :) I don't think it would have even got to trial, never mind televised, had he not been famous. Others who have killed, mistaking for intruders, haven't even been brought to trial, never mind prosecuted.
Have you got a link to a similar case when someone wasn't prosecuted after they shot their partner to death in a toilet (when they're the only other person in the house) and the accused has previous form of reckless gun usage? I'd like to know who these people are who didn't get prosecuted. Or are you thinking of completely different scenarios?

Isn't that because others stood up like real men, pled guilty, and took responsibility for their actions? Rhetorical question, btw.

No. They also stated they perceived then to be an intruder / a stranger.

Question: Why does anyone want to see his bail revoked or see him be committed for inpatient evaluation if outpatient would suffice?

Question: Why does anyone want to see his bail revoked or see him be committed for inpatient evaluation if outpatient would suffice?

Can't speak for others but perhaps a plain sense of him being treated like any other defendant would? He is most definitely getting special treatment.

Yep, and it probably had a lot to do with that absence of terrified screams before they were "accidentally" killed.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/pistorius-housekeeper-inside-home-shooting/story?id=23602899

This revelation about Frank still irks me. Not only because he was there and heard nothing :silenced: but another thing, was OP ever fearful of noises made by Frank in the middle of the night or was he barred from leaving his room after nightfall? Why was Reeva shot, but not Frank? (sorry Frank :therethere:)
If this was a movie, it has too many plot holes to be plausible.

:waitasec:

Yes, imo Frank is to OP as Kato was to OJ.

In the interests of equality, or at least some semblance of it, is my answer to both parts of your question.

Why do you think he should have been granted bail in the first place and be assessed on an outpatient basis when neither of those are the norm in these particular circumstances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member