Jury: Concert promoter not negligent in Jackson death

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by LinasK, Oct 2, 2013.

1. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

William M. Welch, USA TODAY 8:43 p.m. EDT October 2, 2013
    Jurors have reached a verdict in the Michael Jackson wrongful death civil trial.

LOS ANGELES – A jury ruled Wednesday in favor of concert promoter AEG Live, finding it was not liable in the death of singer Michael Jackson.
    Katherine Jackson, Michael Jackson's mother, brought the case against AEG Live LLC, the giant concert promoter that was producing the singer's comeback concerts, arguing that the promoter was negligent in hiring the physician who administered the drug that killed him.<snip>

"Michael Jackson was used to getting his way,'' juror Kevin Smith said outside the courthouse after the verdict.
    "He could pretty much get what he wanted... Anybody that said 'no,' they were out of the mix and he'd find somebody else.''
    AEG Live General Counsel Shawn Trell voiced relief at the verdict. "It's nice to have this in the rear-view mirror,'' he said.
    Marvin Putnam, attorney for AEG Live, said his client never considered trying to end the case by negotiating a settlement with the Jackson family because "They werent going to allow themselves to be shaken down.''
    He said Jackson had a long struggle with addiction, and ultimately what he did in the privacy of his home was beyond the promoter's control.
    "What really happened behind those locked doors? That was between Michael Jackson and his physician,'' Putnam said. more at link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2013/10/02/michael-jackson-verdict/2883367/

2. Loading...

3. gramcracker

gramcracker Indentured Cat Servant

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/music/20131002/US--Jackson-AEG.Suit/?

Pot, meet kettle:

He claimed in his closing argument that the lure of riches turned the parents and siblings into mercenaries who sacrificed the pop star's childhood in a quest to boost their own fortunes.

4. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

I am beyond thrilled at the verdict!

I'm going to sleep well this evening...:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

5. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I think they got it right.

6. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Me too! About time at least one of the Jacksons didn't get their way!!

7. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

I don't have any doubt jury got it right.

8. arielilane

arielilane Justice for Morgan

Jury got it right!