***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

Discussion in 'Dr. Teresa Sievers' started by beach, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

2. Oregonmama

3. FelicityLemon

FelicityLemon Well-Known Member

I'm kind of surprised that the Judge wouldn't allow the family to stand together with their mother during her statement. I don't like it, but I do understand. He runs a tight ship, he does.

4. beach

beach Verified Expert

My only critique is I wish they had shown videos and/or photos of Teresa’s childhood growing up and later as a mother to Josie & Carmie. She was more than a doctor, kwim?

5. ScotAng

ScotAng Well-Known Member

I'm thinking they must be going to do it in phases, though that is unusual. I can't see MAG being the only one to speak when the State have already said there will be four. I saw AL with a sheaf of papers, though of course they could be her mother's.

I wonder why no Pat today, maybe hearing his mother and family speak is just a step too much for him. They all looked ill last week.

6. Oregonmama

1. Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 5m5 minutes ago
      Family of Mark Sievers just arrived in the courtroom now. Look like we'll go forward to defense witnesses. #TrialTweets #MarkSieversPenaltyPhase #NBC2CourtCoverage #TeresaSievers

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

2. [​IMG] Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 8m8 minutes ago
      We're in a break again. I believe the defense is about to present their witnesses. This is going fairly quickly. It's hard to know what to expect next, but we could see this move to the jury today. #TrialTweets #MarkSieversPenaltyPhase #NBC2CourtCoverage #TeresaSievers

7. Curious Me

Curious Me Who When Where What Why & How

Mark's timing is off. It doesn't make sense that he would need someone else's words, Teresa's Mother, to move him to start nodding his head and finally feeling remorse now. Plus he can't even pull it off, still no wet tears to save his life.

8. Oregonmama

1. Brooke Shafer‏ @BrookeWINKNews 43s43 seconds ago
      It's very full in courtroom 8A for Mark Sievers' penalty phase. State Attorney Amira Fox is here, some witnesses from the trial, family for both Mark Sievers and Teresa Sievers. Jimmy Rodgers defense team is also listening in. #SieversTrial @winknews

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

2. [​IMG] Brooke Shafer‏ @BrookeWINKNews 4m4 minutes ago
      Mark Sievers' mom just walked into the courtroom. This is the first time we've seen her in court this entire trial. The defense will call her to the stand to make the case her son should get life in prison not the death penalty. #SieversTrial @winknews

9. Oregonmama

Bonnie is the courtroom! Sigh... looks like she will defend Mark :(

10. beach

beach Verified Expert

I just can’t with Mark. I really can’t.

I SO wanted to see real, genuine tears streaming down his face during Mary Ann’s testimony. I kept an open mind praying he now feels some sense of remorse. Something. Anything. Sadly, all I saw was another acting audition to evoke sympathy from jurors. The man is more evil than I even thought.

The ONLY genuine tears I have ever seen from him were for himself the day the jury convicted him.

11. FelicityLemon

I wish she'd stop tweeting that crap about the murderer appearing upset and actually crying. - It's baloney. He's CLEARLY faking it. That's a factual observation, not an opinion. Again, NO tears, NO red eyes, NO red nose, NO runny nose, NO splotchy red face - none of the indicators he had when he was genuinely upset at his guilty verdict.

12. FelicityLemon

Are any of Teresa's family or friends wearing purple? I could be missing it.

13. beach

beach Verified Expert

I actually feel really bad for her. By nature, she is not a strong person. I know people that know her. They say she’s a kind woman that is completely unable to deal with the stress. Just another victim of Mark’s, in many ways.

14. Oregonmama

side bar happening

15. Kakidoll

Kakidoll Karma never forgets

I'm really confused if mags is only person speaking

16. Kakidoll

Kakidoll Karma never forgets

Was sure her sister would speak

17. ScotAng

ScotAng Well-Known Member

No doubt that'll come when his family talk about him, him and him.

I wonder what on earth Bonnie can say. No matter what I think, this will be very hard on her. I hope I don't have to eat my words here.

18. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

This Poor JURY !! they probably think they are never going to finish with court dealings.
    I do like Judge Kyle, but I am a bit concerned with him holding his face in his palms -he looks frustrated as well.
    On a side note- I haven't followed a whole lot of court hearings but I think this is the first time I have seen the Accused/ convicted Murderer be allowed up to the bench during discussions. I find that interesting.

19. beach

beach Verified Expert

I’m not sure what Annie or Pat could’ve added to her testimony, really. Mary Ann was by far the best family member to testify if they were going to have only one family member.

Maybe the prosecution is concerned about wearing the jury out. They’re entering the 5th week. It’s been emotional & they’re ready to be done with this trial. Just a thought.

20. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

You've mostly missed a loooooot of breaks.

JRR was allowed as well. I guess it's up to the judge, at least in Florida. During the Dan Markel trial the jury was allowed to ask questions. That's also a Florida thing I guess.