Just a Ransom Note Quiz

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Camper, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Britt

Britt New Member

I have had little children in the home, but I still think I would call police immediately after reading the (whole) note, thereby preserving any crime scene if one existed. I would want the police to sort it out even if it turned out to be a prank by one of my kids, on the theory that the police presence would tend to discourage the prankster from planning any future pranks.

But this approach, which is based on preserving the crime scene, is obviously completely inconsistent with hosting a brunch.

2. Britt

Britt New Member

Yes, exactly, that was an important part of the elaborate coverup... appearances... performances... staging.

They needed an audience. And they needed insulation from police questioning, people who could do some of their talking for them (it wouldn't look good to have their lawyers on the scene just yet). They needed to create distraction and confusion. They needed to destroy the crime scene and add a whole bunch of physical evidence to the investigation.

They called the Whites and Fernies because they were more expendable than the Stines. The Whites and Fernies could easily be thrown under the bus ("it has to be an inside job") when that physical evidence started creating questions. But Miz Stine, Devoted Pit Bull, was needed for post-crime protection (and protect she did).

In the words of my friend the defense attorney: All I have to do is confuse.

3. Camper

Camper New Member

Britt you posted, "They called the Whites and Fernies because they were more expendable than the Stines. The Whites and Fernies could easily be thrown under the bus ("it has to be an inside job") when that physical evidence started creating questions. But Miz Stine, Devoted Pit Bull, was needed for post-crime protection (and protect
    she did).

Britt, I donut recall anyone ever touching such a fine chord about the 'WHY' Stines were not called. Outstanding thinking.

I am beginning to wonder if any remaining relatives in the Atlanta area, had any problems with family incest? It is a quiet crime as I read, and now a potential suspect is dead, and any other victims will most likely be as quiet too.

No lawyering for Mr. Paugh by John, but John provided lawyering for those who 'might' be in the know.

Odd, imop.

I continue to think that the ongoing investigative adventures are a face saving activity. I would hope with all sincerity that this is not so, but I fear I may be correct.

Tricias, Ramsey honesty web site, is a big case in point.

4. BlueCrab

BlueCrab New Member

I would have read the note briefly and then searched the house quickly from top to bottom and outside. I would then have wakened Burke and quizzed him about JonBenet's possible whereabouts before calling the police. Then I'd have read the note over and over again, looking for a clue in it while waiting for the cops to arrive. At that time the note was the only piece of evidence.

However, we know now that that's not even close to the way things likely went down, because we know the Ramseys were lying about Burke being asleep in his room while the 911 call was being placed by Patsy. The Ramsey's version of events that morning lost all credibility with that conspiratoral lie among John, Patsy and Burke. Why lie about Burke's whereabouts during the Ramsey's crucial initial contact with law enforcement? What were they hiding?

JMO

5. Barbara

Barbara New Member

Wow Bluecrab,

I have goosebumps on my arm. I was just sitting down to my computer to make a new thread asking where you were and if you were okay.

Whew! Glad to see you posting.

6. Camper

Camper New Member

Blue Crab you get a gold star for the best common sense answer yet!

[​IMG]

7. BlueCrab

BlueCrab New Member

Thanks for your concern Barb. I was out of town on business for a month.

JMO

8. gretchen

gretchen Former Member

Okay, this is just me folks, and don't anyone tell me how I would react in this situation because " I haven't been there." Try another argument, but not that one okay?

I would wake up, stumble out of bed, and prayed I was able to make it down the steps without falling. All I want at this point is a cup of coffee, heavy on caffeine and sugar, no cream, thank you. With one eye closed I would attempt to master the staircase. Oh, a note , a three page note spread acroos the thread of the stairs. I must step over it. See, I am so limber in my old age. Keep in mind, I had Stage 4 cancer, so this is a big feat. But I am up to the challenge.

I pick up these pages, it must be Linda reminding me to leave her a check. Listen carefullly, we have your daughter.... $118.000 dollars? Isn't that ironic, it matches my husband's bonus check. I keep reading, don't tell anyone about this, not even a stray cat. Well thank you buddies, I think I will call my best friends. How many do I have? The Fernies, Whites, let's don't forget our pastor either.

Gee John, put on some underwear, would you? Oh, you don't have to get on you knees to read that note. Please don't touch it, you may leave your prints. If you try carefully, I am sure you would get some light in the foyer.

9. gretchen

gretchen Former Member

Please don't wake Burke, he needs his sleep, as we will be leaving for Charlevoix soon.
    The police arrive, I look on with splayed fingers. I am sure they know what they are doing.
    Please John, let's get out of here. We will leave JonBenet's body on the floor. She will be okay while we are in Atlanta

YEP that is exactly how I would act. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. gretchen

gretchen Former Member

To be continued....

11. Camper

Camper New Member

----------Thats a good one Gretchen - :clap::clap:

As I am slapping my knee, I am thinking, thinking, hmmm wonder who picked the note up and left no wrinkles or fingerprints? Did John leap over the note too. Then we have Mr. Fernie who read the ransom note on the stairs, through the window in the dark. Did he get on the floor too, er I forgot, the police came first OR did they, hmmm.
    Well was the light on when Fernie came?

Wonder who the 'first friend' to arrive was, and where did he park?

Excuse me I truly do not remember where the police 'found' the note when they came, anyone?

12. gretchen

gretchen Former Member

I think Patsy "jumped over then note,'' read it, and leaped over it again, screaming for John. Okay, must read my notes again. Did she pick up the note? This of course goes against everything I believe about this case, since I think Patsy killed JonBenet, then wrote the note. It is all a matter of what you believe.

Okay, I jumped over this note going down the stairs, I am sure I can jump over this note going up. Wait and see me yell for John. Oh yeah, was it at this point I check on Burke, oh no, he is asleep, let's don't disturb him.

I could go on and on. No fingerprints on the note, except for the CBI's. The intruder wore gloves, don't you understand? :doh: This intruder waited in the home while the Ramsey's were visiting the Whites. Now, you have to admit, this is one smart intruder. Give credit where credit its due.! :rolleyes:

13. Camper

Camper New Member

You have painted an interesting picture here. IF IF IF you are correct, then does Patsy have a very large secret here that John does not know? Is John the one that keeps the attorneys piggy bank filled, in searching for the elusive Boulder (hold your babies close, there is a killer on the loose)perp?

Hey this is something I do not believe WE have ever considered, have WE?

This would include tiny murder puzzle pieces coming together with a rather hazy picture. LHP saying Patsy spoke of not caring much for sex or words rather like that. Then we have the dictionary opened to the word incest, for whose benefit ?, the trips to the school nurse for JonBenet on the two Mondays preceding her murder.

Was JBR murdered, to keep her from being molested by the father or, no couldn't be?

Everyone remembers Marilyn Vanderbur Atler, and the problems with her first marriage.

Marilyn and her sister both were being molested by a pillar of the community, their father.

Wonder where John was when the police responded to the 911 call on the 23rd?

Could this murder be a big secret protecting grandpa, and the whole ugly present and past of a deceased grandpa, that John knows nothing about?

We may have painted ourselves into a corner with this one Gretchen, but we can wait with the rest of America to see who the ACTIVE detectives finally pin this one on.

14. Maikai

Maikai New Member

OK..so while you're standing there trying to find out the who, what, and why
    a six-year old has been taken from the house on a cold night, and that wouldn't be your priority? Their daughter was gone...a ransom note left...and they reacted. I hate to think the conspiracy theories that would have been touted if the Ramseys had complied with the note, and just sat around waiting for the phone to ring, with a bag full of money.

Burke could write---it doesn't mean a 9 year old would even have the wherewithal to write such a note.

Y'all are sure nitpicking on trivial things........

15. Camper

Camper New Member

Maikai posted, "Burke could write---it doesn't mean a 9 year old would even have the wherewithal to write such a note.

-------------IF you will read Blue Crabs post on what Blue Crab would have done, there is a BIG clue in there, see if you can find it.

Well, yeah boy howdy, that there note was the only thing I had left of my child, the only clue that would help me get her back, and to toss off that I didn't read it all, imop, some elses priorities were off as well.

Now then, did the kidnapper want money, he asked for some?
    Why ask for money, if you were just gonna take poor little JonBenet and have your way with her at the 'hideout' place.

IF HE/she/perp really really wanted money, as sound as they all say they were sleeping, HE/she could have taken everything in the house, jewels, valuables, guns ?, check book out of the kitchen - isn't that where Patsy wasgonna write LHP a check the next day, er huh. Hey with a check book the perp coulda just written checks til he was goofy, or goofier. Just sneak the last 10 checks from the bottom of the checkbook, or random checks outta the middle to bottom of the checkbook, cuz they would not have been missed until much later.

OR just take a credit card, heck easier money. I am just an old lady with an active mind. Heck if the perp came in through the basement, he was active but he was pretty dull witted and base, when you look backwards at whut he did and whut he dint do.

Imagine him/her/perp thinking, I can climb in through the basement, and then I can climb out with little JonBenet, duh, er I could just go out the door quick as a flash, thataway I won't get a hernia.

Criminal people who want money can figure out easier ways to get it.

It appears to me that the killer MAY have just wanted to shut JonBenet up to keep her from telling 'the secret', OR to protect her from an incestual relative. Now who would want to protect JonBenet from an incestual relative. Staging the crime was inept, but the kiler has not seen the inside of a courtroom.

Good luck to Smit and the other detectives.

16. Maikai

Maikai New Member

I totally reject Blue Crab's theory.

In order to answer the question on the intruder's motives, you'd have to know what was going on inside the head of this sick person, or be able to think like one. I don't think he thinks like a normal person....and I wouldn't be surprised if the perp was a drug user. If he is a violent pedophile, then I think we have the motive---and he still could have initially thought he could get some money, tax-free.

17. Camper

Camper New Member

-----------Well we do know that the 'perp' did not have enough resources to purchase his own ransom note paper.

I am just guessing of course, but I donut think that violent pedophiles would come into a home and sit forever writing rambling ransom notes, unless they had intentions of actually violently taking the kidnapped subject, just a guess on my part.

Another guess on my part, a violent person usually has a boatload of physical energy to expend, this perp was rather lackadaisical, writing a very long ransom note, not really really wanting any money, not actually raping the victim, plus was able to take JonBenet from her room, quietly tippy toeing down the stairs, MAYBE a bite of pineapple, OK lets go down to the basement instead of violently RUSHING OUT THE DOOR with the hope of getting $118,000 dollars US. hmmm. I guess my idea of violent does not fit here.

Violence takes a lot of physical energy, yet this guy tied fancy little knots, with rope that the Ramseys had never seen, BUT the perp used an old paint stick of Ramseys. Why would he bring rope but nothing to make the contraption he made?

You should understand by now that I personally do NOT believe there was a drooling perp.

IMOP given the known FACTS of this case.

18. Britt

Britt New Member

How convenient for that slippery intruder theory, eh? lol

Why don't we apply the same logic (or lack thereof) to a Ramsey: In order to answer the question on Patsy Ramsey's motives, you'd have to know what was going on inside the head of this sick woman, or be able to think like her. I don't think she thinks like a normal person.

But it should've been (and was) a huge clue to her more observant associates that she treated JonBenet like a living, breathing doll for Patsy to use to act out her own fantasies. I even wonder if those fantasies might've included something with daddy/husband.

Not to mention the medical evidence of prior/chronic sexual abuse, which is clearly trying to tell us something. Hmm, what could that be, I wonder. To paraphrase BobC... it ain't rocket science.

Oh, so he DID want the money? Then why didn't he take the body?

But in any case, so now he's a sick-thinking violent pedophile AND a druggie? Explain, please oh please, HOW this deranged, drugged nutbag pulled off this organized, undetected, clever, serene (complete with bankie and nightie) crime, and how did he avoid slobbering big ol' heaps of DNA all over that house?

And, by the way, how do we know it wasn't Patsy who was the druggie? Cocaine - very popular with some folks who can afford it, but you didn't hear it from me :)

Camper, #37 - exactly. Great post.