Justin Billings

Many people cut a whole chicken into large pieces before boiling though....

Many people cut a whole chicken into large pieces before boiling though....

You're absolutely right.....hadn't thought of it that way.....but I have never seen a 20 yr. young male cut up a whole raw chicken - and I'm no spring chicken (pun intended).

Probably not the right place but does anyone have an idea of the initials that the younger brother signed to April.

Gotta agree w/you Passionflower, chicken is cooked first not cut up first - as any Southern cook knows.

Blasphemy! :)
Any Southern Cook knows you cut the chicken up in pieces, then you boil it. Actually, you cut the meat off the bones and boil that. Throwing in a few of the bones for flavor. Remove bones before putting the dumplings in.

Blasphemy! :)
Any Southern Cook knows you cut the chicken up in pieces, then you boil it. Actually, you cut the meat off the bones and boil that. Throwing in a few of the bones for flavor. Remove bones before putting the dumplings in.

Yes, yes RiverPirate, cut the raw chicken up in pieces and boil it. But you boil it on the bone = makes for juicier chicken, you don't cut it off the bone first before you boil it!! But I do so like your culinary enthusiasm!! :)

Now about the cut on the hand.......
Would really like to see confirmation of dinner w/JB's friend's grandparents.
Does anyone know when, or if, more documents to be released?

While I am firmly in the camp with "something don't smell right" w/Justin, I have to wonder: We know some of the suspects are talking, laying the murders on LPG Jr- if someone else was involved, why wouldn't they give that person up too?

Or do we think they don't know?

I read the DETAILED REPORTS written by various officers.

They wrote NOTHING about Justin helping with the video equipment.

That's a huge detail that every single officer who wrote a report forgot to include.

So that proves that the detailed reports aren't as detailed as you like to believe.

That shows that there are things that officers forget to put into their reports----like asking him about valuables perhaps.

Goodness, they asked him to help with the video and they didn't write about that in their DETAILED REPORTS.

I'm assuming nothing based on the way they asked the questions.

I'm telling you that the DETAILED REPORTS are flawed.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I think you're confused by what I'm saying. I'm not talking about the transcripted interrogations when I suggest that an officer asked him about valuables/safes/whatever. I'm talking about an officer walking up to him while he was waiting outside and asking him if his parents had valuables/where they kept valuables.

He says in the interrogation transcript that an officer talked to him about it while he was outside. There's proof in the statement transcript that there was a conversation about the safes with an officer that isn't documented in any officer reports released. Add to the fact that entire helping them with the video equipment isn't documented in the released officer reports either, and I'd say it's likely that he did have a conversation about the safes with an officer and he was able to guess (but didn't know for sure) from the questions that there was possibly a safe missing.

I did find documentation about Justin helping with the video equipement here:
http://pnj.com/assets/pdf/DP140771819.PDF page 34
Officer Robert Guy's report:
"I then was introduced to Justin Billings, who advised that he was very knowledgeable on how to work the security system. " He takes JB to the two investigators whom he helps retrieve the video.

BBM. Huh???
What's confusing about that?

Soldiers are the property of the government and Justin says his commander ordered him to not speak to the media.

Perhaps Justin is saying whatever he can to get the media off of him. Perhaps not.

The military threatens the 'soldier is military property' all the time.

Remember, LE had to get permission from the military to question Donnie.

At least one of the released documents even state Donnie is property of the government.

What's confusing about that?

Soldiers are the property of the government and Justin says his commander ordered him to not speak to the media.

Perhaps Justin is saying whatever he can to get the media off of him. Perhaps not.

The military threatens the 'soldier is military property' all the time.

Remember, LE had to get permission from the military to question Donnie.

At least one of the released documents even state Donnie is property of the government.

Respectfully, BBM. They did? Do you have a link?

Quote said:
I briefly spoke to Justin Billings this afternoon to tell him we were doing this story.

He said he didn't care but that his Army commander told him not to speak to the media then said I was violating government property and then hung up on me.

Sounds like maybe Justins' patience with the media is wearing thin.

Okay just reread extremely well detailed report from Investigator Zack Ward, whose documentation is excellent and on page 1077 he details when he first enters the home and the info about Melanie and Byrd he specifically states that an employee from TSI security helped him with the surveillance equipment he does not at all mention Justin which I find extremely compelling. His investigative reports are so detailed and appear to be very factual. NO Justin? What's up w/that? This in the Fox news documentation.

Do you have a link to the Fox News document?

Not the page you're mentioning, but a link to the PDF file.

I wasn't aware that there was a different set of documents out there.

These are the Fox .pdfs Loss posted yesterday.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4068452&postcount=17"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Documents **NO DISCUSSION**[/ame]

Thanks! I had deleted my post because I found it with a google search.

I'm still reading, but I wonder if it's because he's a crime scene tech who arrived after the origional officers. It was the origional officers who mentioned in their interrogation of Justin that Justin helped them with the video. My point is that perhaps this crime scene tech didn't witness Justin helping with the video equipment. Maybe it happened prior to his arrival.

One thing I do find interesting is that the crime scene tech was informed that there was a "possible missing safe" upon his arrival. I want to know when and how LE first learned that there was a possible missing safe. They couldn't have known it was missing if they didn't know it had been there.

They had to have a conversation with someone to learn that there had been a safe there. If they learned it from watching the video, then they did watch the video prior to this crime scene tech arriving. That would mean that Justin would have been helping them, and that's how Justin learned there was a safe missing. If they learned it from talking to family, Justin was the only family at the scene.

I'm still bothered by how LE overly focused on Justin knowing about the safe missing when LE hasn't made it clear how they learned the safe was missing themselves in their reports.

Maybe they learned about the missing safe from April and maybe this is also how Justin learned of it, since she called him while he was on the way to the house? Just throwing this out there.

If LE learned it from April, then Justin likely learned it from April since he was alone with her and she told him what happened.

What's April's relationship with this family? Was she their housekeeper?

A housekeeper would know where a safe was located. A friend/neighbor not as likely.

It makes no sense to me what-so-ever that LE was overly interested in when Justin learned about it when LE hasn't documented when and how LE learned about it.

If LE learned it from April, LE should have documented that.

April did know they had a safe. She only told the police about the safe in the camera room, not the safe at the bottom of their closet though.

It's my understand that the missing safe is the one that was at the bottom of the close in the master bedroom (I need to verify).

Page 24, Document No. 854

http://media2.fox10tv.com/billings/rcf206-316.pdf

Getting back to an earlier discussion in this thread.

LE didn't know about a missing safe when they questioned April.

They were trying to get a handle on if anything was missing.

This transcript is at 9:30 at night----that's relatively soon after LE arrived there.

I really wish all LE would put the time of their interrogations in the transcripts. I'm going to assume that Justin's first interrogation happened after April's interrogation. It's logical they would take her statement first since she found the bodies.

Everything is making sense to me about Justin's statements about the safe. And there is more proof that Justin had a previous conversation with LE that isn't documented too!

Follow along:

Q: Do you have any knowledge if the Billings would keep money?

April: In the house?

Q: In the house? Did they have a safe or anything like that that you're aware of?

April: She, yeah, she does have a, they do have a safe....I don't know what's kept in the safe, but they do have a safe in the camera room and that's been there since they built the house, and they built the house probably, it was right at Ivan, so that was '04 was when they moved in.

Q: Okay? The camera room, what is that?

page 24 http://media2.fox10tv.com/billings/rcf206-316.pdf

It's clear that LE didn't learn about the stolen safe from April because April only told them about the main safe.

It doesn't even sound like they knew about the camera room at this point.

Q: Okay? You mentioned something earlier about a safe?

Justin: yeah, there's two (2) safes in the house.

Q: I know there's one safe right there at the, wehre all this surveillance equipment is at?

Justin: yeah, that's the big one.....there shoudl have been a smaller one, about two (2) feet wide and two (2) feel, like 2 by 2, it should hav ebeen at the bottom of my dad's close.

Q: Would that be in the master bedrom of the master closet.

Justin: master bedroom, master bedroom.

page 5 http://media2.fox10tv.com/billings/rcf317-404.pdf

The bolded part shows that LE had a conversation about the safes with Justin prior to taking a recorded statement.

I'm going to put this here to start keeping track of timelines somewhere as I find things:

7/9/09

7:45 PM - Adrianna pounding on April's door.

7:51 PM - Ashley calls Justin

8:15 PM - Justin arrives at scene (approximate based on 20 minute drive)

9:37 PM - LE records April's statement

(Maybe we should start a timeline thread for everyone to add times and dates when they find them.....)

I noticed an error in the first statement taken by LE of Justin.

It says the date of the statement is 07/09/09.

However, during questioning, LE Tom Watts refers to the murders as "last night."

Page 6, Line 7

http://media2.fox10tv.com/billings/rcf317-404.pdf

Is the date wrong on the statement transcript or did Watts misspeak?

I'm really confused. They keep switching back and forth between past and present tense.

Is it common for people who live in the Florida/Alabama area of the country to say THERE when they mean HERE?

I think Watts simply misspoke when he said 'last night' because he references 'tonight' often in the questioning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back