JVM to get Written Statement from LH's Lawyer tonight Discuss the Lawyer Stmt HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly, the statement is what I expected and I have no problem with its content. Noticeably absent from any and all mention is her husband or any indication if she continues to support him or not. I feel that was deliberate. It gives us no indication if we can expect them to part ways, throw one another under proverbial buses or stick like glue. Also not unexpected but a gal can hope, and I sort of did, that some acknowledgement of her moving away from her husband's side both geographically and figuratively would be present.

Perhaps I feel as I do about the statement because I have not landed on LH being complicit and therefore, I am trying to extend to her exactly what her attorney asks in this statement.

waiting for JVM to start and hear what the talking heads have to say about it. :sigh:

so the statement does not indicate she has lost her job (ie. been fired or let go). It indicates with the scrutiny she has found it impossible to continue working at this time which is a horse of another color IMO.

This was LH's big chance, IMO. She failed to put any blame on the defendant and failed to take Cooper's side. I have been waiting and waiting for her to come out against him for killing her baby, but she has not.

That answers a lot for me.

RH was not even mentioned in her statement. That speaks volumes to me. IMO.

We will never hear a peep out of Leanna. Her lawyer will make sure of that. JMO

That statement won't move the needle in LH's favor (or against - it's a "say nothing" attorney statement). Why write it? Does the lawyer want publicity? Not saying he does, so perhaps he was just heeding his client's call to "do something" as she feels under enormous pressure. However, having it appear under the attorney's self-proclaimed designation of membership in the "Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys" doesn't help. Yeah, yeah it's a great idea to retain counsel, but maybe I would have put that statement out on a piece of paper that didn't have the word criminal on it.

I want to feel for her. I really do.

If only the statements had brought empathy or tears. A sense of we are with you in this pain.

Rather, it is a scolding.

She could have gained a mountain of love from people.

People were ready as shown with the outpouring of funds and sympathy.

I think at this point , even if she got a better PR person, she is not going to gain much sympathy

I want to feel for her. I really do.

If only the statements had brought empathy or tears. A sense of we are with you in this pain.

Rather, it is a scolding.

She could have gained a mountain of love from people.

People were ready as shown with the outpouring of funds and sympathy.

I think at this point , even if she got a better PR person, she is not going to gain much sympathy

I agree but check out THIS POST over on JVM thread ... makes sense in that light, IMO. Perhaps she'd like to say a lot more but because it's early in the investigation and even her atty is still unsure of LH's role (witness/suspect) he has to tread carefully .... ?

Randy Travis ‏@RandyTravisFox5 7m
Leanna Harris attorney: public speculation of involvement in Cooper's #HotCarDeath cost client her job.

Randy Travis' post is not exactly true. The exact wording in the statement was "The constant attention has prevented her from returning to work." She has not been let go from her job as RH was from his; presumably she is free to return whenever she wants to.

Statement in full: http://www.dailyreportonline.com/id=...#ixzz37ZjuD0JR

I thought THIS was the JVM thread... lol :laughing:

I agree but check out THIS POST over on JVM thread ... makes sense in that light, IMO. Perhaps she'd like to say a lot more but because it's early in the investigation and even her atty is still unsure of LH's role (witness/suspect) he has to tread carefully .... ?

What I mean is that she could have had statements that pulled us into her anguished life. She could have humanized herself and the situation.

Rather, those statements have pushed people away. The lawyer chastises people.

She may never face any charges, but his statements have made it so her life will be difficult because she had a chance to engage us in her tragedy and he chose this unfortunate path instead.

That was a very underwhelming statement. Kind of anti-climactic, given the big build up it was given. :facepalm: :moo:

As I said on the other thread (all these threads!!!) I think the Richard Jewell comment was a veiled threat as he sued every media outlet in and out of Atlanta - AJC, CNN, Etc.

As I said on the other thread (all these threads!!!) I think the Richard Jewell comment was a veiled threat as he sued every media outlet in and out of Atlanta - AJC, CNN, Etc.
I think it is aimed at the "friends" who have jumped ship as well. Moo

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

That was a very underwhelming statement. Kind of anti-climactic, given the big build up it was given. :facepalm: :moo:

I love, love, love the word... underwhelming. :crazy: Don't know why, just do.

What I mean is that she could have had statements that pulled us into her anguished life. She could have humanized herself and the situation.

Rather, those statements have pushed people away. The lawyer chastises people.

She may never face any charges, but his statements have made it so her life will be difficult because she had a chance to engage us in her tragedy and he chose this unfortunate path instead.

whoa, weird -- replied earlier & it has vanished!!

human, I am right there with you, totally agree -- guess my point was that I'm wondering if her atty decided to go on the offense (with the unspoken argument that "there's nothing to defend here, folks" kind of thing) -- kwim? My guess is that LH's unknown status could be "trying to protect the jury pool" from taint.

If he's trying to "shame" everyone into not wondering, that won't work of course, but he's trying!

fwiw, I'm still :fence: when it comes to LH -- back & forth everyday...

Um- that is not quite what her attorney said- so which is it?

"The constant attention has prevented her from returning to work." ( attorney statement)

Also, she fled to Alabama. Little hard to commute from there.

That's what popsicle said too! Great minds...

so the statement does not indicate she has lost her job (ie. been fired or let go). It indicates with the scrutiny she has found it impossible to continue working at this time which is a horse of another color IMO.

And- Cooper's name is only mentioned twice in the whole statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member