Kadie and River Major - murder or suicide?

Discussion in 'Crimes That Should Be In The News' started by cocomod, Mar 7, 2019.

?

Was Kadie murdered?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

Fatal Crossing: Case reopened into mysterious deaths of S.C. woman Kadie Major and infant daughter after "48 Hours" investigation - CBS News

In 2015, a team of "48 Hours" producers were filming in Charleston, South Carolina, on another case when they met a mother who told them a story they couldn't stop thinking about — a mystery that has haunted the small town of Moncks Corner since 2008.

Kadie Major, who was married, was found dead alongside a section of railroad tracks. Her little daughter was found drowned in a pond 100 feet away. Back in 2008, Rick Ollic, then with the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office, was in charge of the investigation. Ollic believed it was a murder-suicide and says a note found in Kadie's pocket was a piece of compelling evidence showing that she was delusional at the time.

Kadie's family never believed she was delusional or that she would take her own life.

Her mother, Vicky Hall, vowed to get to the bottom of what happened and pressured investigators to the point where she says they "absolutely avoided me."

Hall embarked on her own investigation — determined to show her daughter did not throw herself in front of a train.

"I remember, I was just walking outside by myself, and I just looked up and I said, 'Kadie and River, I promise you I will do whatever it takes to find the truth,'" Hall tells correspondent Peter Van Sant.

Over the next several years Hall and "48 Hours" stayed in touch and started investigating the mysterious circumstances surrounding the two deaths -- which ultimately led to the reopening of a closed case.

A decade after her daughter's death, Hall finally got her chance to talk with detectives about her case and "48 Hours" was there.

calo44, GarAndTeed, LadyL and 2 others like this.
  2. cocomod

Fatal Crossing: Case reopened into mysterious deaths of S.C. woman Kadie Major and infant daughter after "48 Hours" investigation - CBS News

In 2015, a team of "48 Hours" producers were filming in Charleston, South Carolina, on another case when they met a mother who told them a story they couldn't stop thinking about — a mystery that has haunted the small town of Moncks Corner since 2008.

Kadie Major, who was married, was found dead alongside a section of railroad tracks. Her little daughter was found drowned in a pond 100 feet away. Back in 2008, Rick Ollic, then with the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office, was in charge of the investigation. Ollic believed it was a murder-suicide and says a note found in Kadie's pocket was a piece of compelling evidence showing that she was delusional at the time.

Kadie's family never believed she was delusional or that she would take her own life.

Her mother, Vicky Hall, vowed to get to the bottom of what happened and pressured investigators to the point where she says they "absolutely avoided me."

Hall embarked on her own investigation — determined to show her daughter did not throw herself in front of a train.

"I remember, I was just walking outside by myself, and I just looked up and I said, 'Kadie and River, I promise you I will do whatever it takes to find the truth,'" Hall tells correspondent Peter Van Sant.

Over the next several years Hall and "48 Hours" stayed in touch and started investigating the mysterious circumstances surrounding the two deaths -- which ultimately led to the reopening of a closed case.

A decade after her daughter's death, Hall finally got her chance to talk with detectives about her case and "48 Hours" was there.

GarAndTeed, Hazelnutty, Knox and 2 others like this.
  3. whoizzit

whoizzit Well-Known Member

Aaron Major smells to high heavens, imo.

Her truck parked more than half a mile away.
    His broken hand, unquestioned at the time of her death.
    His varying stories.
    His not looking for her.
    HIS WANTING TO BLOCK HER OWN FAMLY FROM HER FUNERAL.
    Refusal to talk with LE.
    Sloppy, worse then 'dropped ball' investigation.
    SB, not NB train.
    Conclusion within 2 days but no interview with her family or her gyno re depression.

His blank look and dark eyes reminded me of Patrick Frazee.

He wanted the 5 month old fetus displayed in Kadie's open coffin. Sick.

I only hope that they can somehow find enough evidence to arrest him, though I doubt that is possible now.

Rest in heaven Kadie, River and Aadon.

4. Catmammy

Catmammy Well-Known Member

Both murdered by the mentally ill man in their too short lives.

5. whoizzit

whoizzit Well-Known Member

Agreed!

6. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

The 48 hours special is well worth watching. I hope this mother and her babies get justice.

7. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

I caught the show also, so very glad Kadie's Mom was finally heard.

That former chief of police who was interviewed was shady as hell!! I expected to hear there was some corruption, or that the husband's family was politically connected, but that was never mentioned. Hard to believe a case was investigated so poorly. Laziness on the part of LE or something deeper at play?

8. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

9. beatrixpotter

beatrixpotter Well-Known Member

How can I see the 48 hrs episode?

whoizzit and cocomod like this.
  10. cocomod

Click on the link in my original post. The video for the 48 Hours episode is in there.

11. beatrixpotter

beatrixpotter Well-Known Member

Sorry. I must have looked at the link wrong!

cocomod and whoizzit like this.
  12. Sassygerl

Sassygerl Well-Known Member

What a botched investigation...not that you can even call it one...WOW! I am so glad this case has been reopened!

cocomod likes this.
  13. cocomod

I became extremely interested in this case because I remember when it first happened. I was so sad that she was despondent enough to throw her child in the river.

(2008)
    Authorities: Woman killed by train was 4 months pregnant

View Kadie Major's Obituary on PostandCourier.com and share memories

(2018)
    Kadie and River Major’s death case reopened, task force formed to investigate

Investigation into 2008 deaths of Moncks Corner mother, daughter reopened

Berkeley County Deputies Reopen 2008 Case involving Death of Pregnant Woman and Young Daughter

It stinks of incompetence at the least and corruption at the worst. Thank goodness her family never gave up! How different would it have been if they had actually gathered evidence from her home and from his body when she was found? Shouldn't there be skepticism in the beginning just to verify an account?

calo44 likes this.