Kanye West ruins another acceptance speech

..she shouldn't be...but I think controversy is an important part of the music industry and I appreciate the ones that shake up the system

Call me jaded, but I now realize why Kanye's outburst seemed less than genuine. I believe he planeed this move in order to promote his appearance on Jay Leno. I don't believe he was drunk, the bottle was only a prop. He shared the bottle with a few others that night. This was nothing more than a publicity stunt for a self-serving trio. His apology is as hollow as his acting skills. He planned to sabotage TSwift to cause a controversy, which makes this worse as far as I am concerned.
I can only echo what Pink said. He is a .
And another thing. I think Jay bringing up his mom was what Kanye wanted him to do. He trots out his mom when he needs an excuse for his behavior.

...I think I disagree with the whole world on this issue,I'm glad this generation has their axl rose or dave mustaine...there isn't much of that punk vibe,rebellious vibe out there anymore....I think the industry always needs "jackasses" that get wasted and speak their mind .....and I also agree with him that no way ,no how does Taylor Swift even belong in a category with Lady GaGa ,Pink or Beyonce....she has no originality,a sweet voice at best ,can't move ,she's just a sweet little girl and let's not forget she herself was surprised that she won,because she shouldn't have....just my opinion....

I dont think whether or not TS had the best video or not is not the issue..its the total lack of respect, the crushing of a young girls moment that was given to her and not one she had control over, and the calculated manuever to further someone elses (kanye's) career at the cost of several others. Whether he agreed with the votes or not his "performance" was totally uncalled for and inappropriate. Voice your opinions elsewhere but not on the stage at the moment of anothers* acceptance speech.. he can be as self rightous or opinionated as he wishes.. just not at that moment. Do you honestly think if the tables were reversed that it would have been ok by him? To be upstaged by a total arrogant moron negating the award by spouting off about how he (kanye) shouldnt have won.. not a chance in hades.; he likely would have gotten physical over it.. for cripes sake look at the incident with the paparrazzi and the smashed camera...

I agree that in any expression of art controversial statements and/or behavior can bring about changes within the viewer that challanges that viewer to look at the world differently. To step outside of their preconceived notions about the world and their own reality and to expand their consciousness.

It can polarize initially and then dialogue is opened and discussions and exploration are exciting and can bring about change often. Sounds trite but that in of itself is one of Art's meanings. IMHO.

I do not see this act by Kanye as controversial in that manner. I don't see that he wanted to do anything other than to bring attention unto himself.

I can't compare it to say for instance:
Mapplethorpe (visual arts)
Nikos Kazantzakis (The last Temptation)
Vladimir Nabokov (Lolita)
Bret Easton Ellis (american psycho, the book not the movie)

Even John Lennon's remark about Jesus~LOL. I remember that one clearly and the bruhaha that resulted in my Grandfather's house (he was a preacher).

Given that Kanye has a penchant for disrupting in this manner, if he is trying to exact change or create controversy for art's sake. He really needs to regroup and redirect.

Because given the response it just "ain't workin' for him".

JMHO.

Call me jaded, but I now realize why Kanye's outburst seemed less than genuine. I believe he planeed this move in order to promote his appearance on Jay Leno. I don't believe he was drunk, the bottle was only a prop. He shared the bottle with a few others that night. This was nothing more than a publicity stunt for a self-serving trio. His apology is as hollow as his acting skills. He planned to sabotage TSwift to cause a controversy, which makes this worse as far as I am concerned.
I can only echo what Pink said. He is a .
And another thing. I think Jay bringing up his mom was what Kanye wanted him to do. He trots out his mom when he needs an excuse for his behavior.

WHAT :crazy:
He got his butt kicked off the Awards to make a Leno appearance. :crazy:
does not make sense to me at all.
He pulls out his mom to camphlodge his bad behaviour.
But coating Chit with perfume is still chit....

Yeah I talked about this incident on my radio show last night. I had a Kanye song coming up on the playlist, and I told the listeners I was dropping it and replacing it with Taylor's song, lol. And I did!

VERY COOL :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :blowkiss:

...I think I disagree with the whole world on this issue,I'm glad this generation has their axl rose or dave mustaine...there isn't much of that punk vibe,rebellious vibe out there anymore....I think the industry always needs "jackasses" that get wasted and speak their mind .....and I also agree with him that no way ,no how does Taylor Swift even belong in a category with Lady GaGa ,Pink or Beyonce....she has no originality,a sweet voice at best ,can't move ,she's just a sweet little girl and let's not forget she herself was surprised that she won,because she shouldn't have....just my opinion....

I hear ya and respect your opinion. That being said the phrase Kayne needs to remember is there's a time and a place. This was neither the time nor the place.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6835364.ece

...Barack Obama has called Kanye West a "jackass" for interrupting an MTV awards show to declare that the wrong person had won...

http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/410187_tvgif15.html

...ABC has apologized for a reporter who tweeted an on off-the-record remark by President Barack Obama, in which he called Kanye West a "jackass." ...

:floorlaugh: It was off the record but he called it like he saw it! You go Obama. LOL crackin' up over here

I'm sitting here crackin' up thinking of how it would feel to have my name spoken by the President of the United States ~ followed by him calling me a Jackass
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO

Maybe Obama can invite Taylor and Kanye up to the white house for a beer (wait, Taylor is only nineteen).

Why is ABC apologizing? I see nothing wrong with Obama's comment. He didn't call him an *advertiser censored**h*** or a .

That is fine if people dress their own way, and act their own way on their own time to express their individuality, but to disrespect others is NEVER cool, in any generation. If he wants to be shocking and controversial, let him do it at his own expense, not some young girls. They all started out the same way--all looking for their big break, and their moment to shine: this was Taylor Swifts. Some artists are better "preformers" and others are better "vocalists", and some are both. It is all a matter of opinion; I actually watched both videos last night to gain perspective, and while Beyonce is a good artist, I do not think she is any better or worse than Taylor Swift. If someones idea of spending the entire video doing basic provocative dance moves, with no background or plot makes a good video, that is their perogative. I guess I was alittle surprised that there was not "more" to the video than that--to me there was no WOW factor. I did not think TS's was much better, but she was voted as the winner and should have received the respect that she earned. As far as Lady Gaga, again it is all personal opinion, but I do not feel she has an ounce of talent and would not lump her in the same category as Taylor Swift at all; at least TS has a beautiful voice. (I was a voice major in college for 3 yrs, so I do know what I am talking about.) Ga Ga is shocking and controversial, so she is successful because of that; she does not have lasting star power. She will be hot for another yr or two and then will fade away. Katy Perry is another one, but at least she has an ok voice. Frankly, someone who I think has an incredible voice, but is not shocking enough, so does not get alot of attention is Amy Lee from Evanescence. Bottom line for me is that if someone needs to try so hard to be controversial, they are trying too hard. Shocking can only take you so far, you have to be able to back it up with talent, but in that business, sometimes you need alittle of both; just not at the expense of others.

Kanye only succeeded in adding more fans to Swift's list. Let's see how many nominations she gets at the next music awards show, that ought to make him happy.

Maybe Obama can invite Taylor and Kanye up to the white house for a beer (wait, Taylor is only nineteen).

Why is ABC apologizing? I see nothing wrong with Obama's comment. He didn't call him an *advertiser censored**h*** or a .

BBM

ABC apologized because the Pres made the remark off the record. The reporter unwisely twittered it nevertheless and jeopardized ever getting another interview w/ Obama again.

Obama just got this republican's respect. lol

It's obvious Kanye hasn't learned to keep his mouth shut (Someone needs to shove some fishsticks in his mouth or something.). I still can't stand him, but at least Beyonce showed she was a classy lady to make sure Taylor had her moment.

lol, fishsticks definitely would have been better than the bottle of Hennessy he stuffed himself with all evening. :)

I hope this little classless show of arrogance, lack of respect and downright meanness is the beginning of the end of Kayne's music career. He will only learn from his mistakes when he is kicked in the a## by his peers. Banning him from the MTV Awards for life would be a good thing, but making him persona non grata in the entire music industry would be just and fair punishment for this creep. Leno having him on his show for the "apology" turned my stomach.

It doesn't matter who should have won. What matters is acting like a complete idiot in front of the world to get his name back in the news. For a man who is so big on being respected, he sure doesn't give much! Doesn't he know it has to be earned, and that's not how you do it?

BBM

ABC apologized because the Pres made the remark off the record. The reporter unwisely twittered it nevertheless and jeopardized ever getting another interview w/ Obama again.

Pity. It was the first thing in a long time out of Obama's mouth that I was happy to hear!:crazy: Made him seem like a nice, normal dad. They should be playing it on the WH hold music!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back