Katherine Calloway

knowing the year it happened (19720 im sure she probably felt humiliated by going to the cops and da's with the attitudes towards rape back then, particuarly acquantince rape.

She also got into the car and used drugs willingly. Not judging here at all, but maybe even if she wanted to press charges, the DA is the one who refused ultimately?

katherine was great on dateilne tonight. im glad she has gotten to the point where she can speak out.
makes me wonder if the 14 year old he raped is still too scared to talk or is deceased though

The reason they know about her is that she contacted the police after Jaycee was found. The original case files had been lost IIRC.

She also got into the car and used drugs willingly. Not judging here at all, but maybe even if she wanted to press charges, the DA is the one who refused ultimately?

dateline said she refused to testify.
bit that could be cause the cops or da pressured her not to for all we know

The Dateline show last night was the first time I saw mentioned that Garrido had actually come back to see her after he got out of prison? Ordered a drink from her and said "I hope I see you again real soon" or something like that? And that after he walked away she realized who he was? Eeeeek? That sounds almost like a threat, to me. I wish she had reported that at the time, surely if you find your victim and seek her out to say something like that it would be a parole violation?! (Or maybe she did report it?) Very odd. Would that the guy had gotten locked up again at that point. Would have eased her mind and saved other girls too! (I don't mean ANY disrespect to ms. Callaway here, I think she is a very courageous woman!)

Edited to link article about what I was asking:http://www.lvrj.com/news/59169212.html

The Dateline show last night was the first time I saw mentioned that Garrido had actually come back to see her after he got out of prison? Ordered a drink from her and said "I hope I see you again real soon" or something like that? And that after he walked away she realized who he was? Eeeeek? That sounds almost like a threat, to me. I wish she had reported that at the time, surely if you find your victim and seek her out to say something like that it would be a parole violation?! (Or maybe she did report it?) Very odd. Would that the guy had gotten locked up again at that point. Would have eased her mind and saved other girls too! (I don't mean ANY disrespect to ms. Callaway here, I think she is a very courageous woman!)

Do you seriously think she was o'key with Garrido being out there? According to her she had talked to Garrido's parole officer and the officer told her that Garrido was a "sick puppy" but that nothing could be done about it.

She said she reported it and was told by his PO, "What do you want me to tell you? He's a sick puppy." What's sick to me is that this apparently didn't violate the conditions of his parole, automatically terminating them.
God bless Mrs. Callaway for her courage and for all that she has endured, as well.

She said she reported it and was told by his PO, "What do you want me to tell you? He's a sick puppy." What's sick to me is that this didn't automatically terminate the conditions.
God bless Mrs. Callaway for her courage and for all that she has endured, as well.

Thank you both for answering me, I did just google it and found the rest of the story. Poor woman has been living in fear all these years! unbelievable, just unbelievable.

Do you seriously think she was o'key with Garrido being out there? According to her she had talked to Garrido's parole officer and the officer told her that Garrido was a "sick puppy" but that nothing could be done about it.

No of course I would not think she was OK with it! But I didn't realize (till I just read it for myself in the article linked above) that the authorities just dismissed it! Unbelievable!

No of course I would not think she was OK with it! But I didn't realize (till I just read it for myself in the article linked above) that the authorities just dismissed it! Unbelievable!

According to her, Garrido's parole officer told her if Garrido will do something it will not be directed at her. But how would he know?
I believe she had left the city she were in after that episode.

How do you know she took the drugs willingly? Wasn't she 14 or 15 and perhaps unaware of what she was doing? I was just a few years older than her and lived a block away from where she got into his car. I don't remember ever seeing drugs until I left the area years later. She may not have been responsible (old) enough to know what she was doing but he sure did!

How do you know she took the drugs willingly? Wasn't she 14 or 15 and perhaps unaware of what she was doing? I was just a few years older than her and lived a block away from where she got into his car. I don't remember ever seeing drugs until I left the area years later. She may not have been responsible (old) enough to know what she was doing but he sure did!

he drugged her and raped her was the gist i got.
even if she wasnt drugged and consented it was still stat rape

And he doesn't have even a mark where that huge mole is now. I heard nursey say the other day that it looks like a huge melinoma (skin cancer).
With a life time in jail at our Tax money, I have no idea why they are helping this SOB get cured of melinoma, while there are hard working poor people who are left to fend for themselves if they can? :furious: :furious: :furious:

BBM
There was a time when we can hitch hike cross country and not worry about an abduction.
The Hippie Generation traveled this way from one end of the US to the other.
I too used to hitch hick back then, those were very different times....
but today, I do not let my friends kids, or grand kids out of my sight.
That is the rule if they want to go anywhere with me. It was a very different time when KC got in his car, or if she picked him up. It was done all over america.

BBM
There was a time when we can hitch hike cross country and not worry about an abduction.
The Hippie Generation traveled this way from one end of the US to the other.
I too used to hitch hick back then, those were very different times....
but today, I do not let my friends kids, or grand kids out of my sight.
That is the rule if they want to go anywhere with me. It was a very different time when KC got in his car.

She didn't get into his car, he got into hers.

I think there was some confusion about the topic. We were talking about the girl in ANtioch that got into PG's car at the library.

Ya, but she was talking about KC, who is the topic of the thread.

I think there was some confusion about the topic. We were talking about the girl in ANtioch that got into PG's car at the library.
The reply I gave is the same, there was a time that it was safe to do that;
we all hopped around the country that way with no danger. "Hitch Hiking"
Times now are certainly different.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member