KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize in advance for this question. I have not been on this forum, nor watched HLN since the announcement that the jury could not agree. Here is my question, and again, I am sorry if this has already been mentioned, but do we know yet which 4 jurors could not give the DP? By the few who have talked so far on different shows, I have it narrowed down, but would like to know for sure. Thanks!!

I apologize in advance for this question. I have not been on this forum, nor watched HLN since the announcement that the jury could not agree. Here is my question, and again, I am sorry if this has already been mentioned, but do we know yet which 4 jurors could not give the DP? By the few who have talked so far on different shows, I have it narrowed down, but would like to know for sure. Thanks!!

The jurors have promised to each other not to reveal those 4 to the public.
:seeya:

The jurors have promised to each other not to reveal those 4 to the public.

Ok, thanks. I have it narrowed down because of the few who have spoken already. I know the foreperson has come out and said that he could not vote for the DP - I believe...anyway.....thanks!!

That pic was taken on guilt verdict day so I'm sure all our eye makeup is washed away.

Well then, there is only one explanation for the great picture. The two of you are beautiful without makeup. So God made you that way! That is even better. :)

Katydid23, I didn't even know anything about it til a couple of years ago, and I have lived here almost all my life!

It is essentially Artesia- a small strip off the 605 or 91 freeway(s) on Pioneer Blvd. I will post a link and map!

http://eat-la.com/good-food-neighborhoods/artesia/

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=little+india&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x80dd2d09ef076265:0x3fb524c56d73cf46,Little+India,+Artesia,+CA&gl=us&ei=BjytUYyFJ6HQiwLI9YC4Dw&sqi=2&ved=0CHsQtgM

I have alot more information and would be happy to share! Most of the shops are closed on Mondays (I completely forgot) but I love it there.

I never knew about Little India. The next time I cruise down to LB I may stop. Though I am a coward with Indian food. First time I ate it years ago when living in Birmingham UK for work I had a weird reaction. Of course, it might have been from the excessive beverages I consumed - rofl.

ttfn
. :seeya:

I hadn't realized it 'til the local news just now, but June 4th is also the day Kyron Horman went missing in 2010 :(

I wonder if like the Rainbow Bridge for our pets, there is a bridge for those victims of violent crimes. If Kyron is dead, I like to imagine Travis was there to welcome him home to the Light. And that Cindy was there to welcome Travis. May they and all those taken from us violently truly rest in peace.

Love the Bollywood discussion (Netflix has a lot of Bollywood available on streaming). Another one on a small tangent is a beautiful film called Latcho Drom, a Cannes award-winning documentary told in dance and music, about the journey of the Roma people out of India. Gorgeous! It's a bit hard to find but well worth seeking it out if you have a specialty video store in your area.

Thanks to everyone for all the stories of visits from the other side of the door we call Birth/Death. So heartening. I have a couple experiences along those lines but I've never written about them so it will be awhile before I post them. I have had other experiences with the other side in the form of dreams, or sometimes dreams within dreams - i.e. I once dreamt that I had a dream where I met a deceased uncle of my mother's that in my waking life I never knew about. And in my dream within a dream, the circumstances of his death were exactly how his death actually occurred.

Katie, love your blog! Jayrohh, love yours too! I was howling with laughter so hard my huskies had to chime in! :D

La Louve

Looking forward to your experiences when you feel like sharing.

I have never seen either! I will have to get them. My favorite films so far are:

Guzaarish, (The Request) an amazing film set in India but with a Spanish flair in costumes and setting. The film is about euthanasia, a heavy topic but a beautiful story.

Lagaan, (Tax) a story about taxes, British rule, and the resilient spirits of the natives.

My Name Is Khan, which is basically the Indian version of Forest Gump, in my opinion. Funny, heartwarming and touching- a love story between an Autistic man and a typical, beautiful, woman.

I have many more but these are some of my favorites!

Katiecoo, I am sending you all three along with some of my favorite spice mixes and recipes from little India, I just need to know one thing- what is the design style of the Sedona house going to be? Colors, textures, look etc? TIA

thanks for your post. I just put the 1st 2 on my netflix streaming!:fence:

I pray that all who love Travis will remember that what happened on this day five years ago does not define him. What Travis did every day up until then defines who he was - a caring, loving, charming, motivated man. I pray they are able to remember how he lived and let how he died take a backseat in their memories. God bless them all. Rest in peace Travis.

I never knew about Little India. The next time I cruise down to LB I may stop. Though I am a coward with Indian food. First time I ate it years ago when living in Birmingham UK for work I had a weird reaction. Of course, it might have been from the excessive beverages I consumed - rofl.

ttfn
. :seeya:
You let me know, and if I'm around, I'll meet you there! XO

Know what? She's fairly certain she'll be going to law school! :)

Wow! That's awesome! Where did she do her undergrad? Did she already take her LSATS? Ot is she already accepted? if not, I'll bet she will get lots of study buddy vols here on WS.

I swear I thought I read she was wanting a TV job, which is also awesome, to be sure. But getting into LAW SCHOOL?! Even cooler!

WTG, Katie Wick! :)

I am off to "little India" a well kept secret here in Southern California, about a 10-15 minute drive from my house. It is a quaint little old main street type of place stuck in the middle of a busy, modern shopping district. It boasts the largest Indian population outside of New York, and most locals don't even know of its existence.

They have the most amazing shops full of Indian silks (literally the finest silk in the world), hand carved objects and jewelry; restaurants with the finest- authentic- Indian cuisine. Markets that put "Whole Foods" to shame with their produce, spices, and baked goods- especially the prices. I buy the most amazing boxed spice combinations, fresh ginger, garlic, cilantro and Mango's. Yum!

I am taking our exchange student from Thailand there (finally) because they have the coolest 'Bollywood' video and music shop. I am going to purchase my umpteenth copy of a film entitled "Guzaarish", meaning "The request" for $5 to send to my father-in-law as he recoups from ankle surgery.

If you have never seen a genuine Bollywood film- you don't know what you are missing, and this is one of the best. They have very deep, yet humorous plots and the set design, costumes, and cinematography is/are some of the most beautiful in the world. They are PG and family friendly too (which is a big plus when you have little kids and still want to see a great film). If anyone is interested I can recommend more films or PM me to pick you up and ship you a copy at a later date! I try to make a trip there at least once a month.

Have a blessed day fellow sleuthers~ Frigga

Artesia? Yep cool!!

Know what? She's fairly certain she'll be going to law school! :)

good for her! i only know her from seeing her on Dr. Drew but I bet if she goes onto law school she could have a career in covering trials as well (if thats even something she's interested in). she seems to be exactly the type of woman that travis would have loved and I bet it drove JA crazy!

five years. Rest in Peace Travis. I'm counting on you having a good friend up there with you. <3

http://twoinnocents.wordpress.com/2013/06/05/five-years/

i have tears streaming down my face reading this. there is no doubt in my mind that cindy and travis brought you together with the Alexander family. I hope they both jumped into spontaneous singing when the guilty verdict was read :) i also think travis would get a kick out of "penelope cheese" that sounds like something right up his alley!

good for her! i only know her from seeing her on Dr. Drew but I bet if she goes onto law school she could have a career in covering trials as well (if thats even something she's interested in). she seems to be exactly the type of woman that travis would have loved and I bet it drove JA crazy!

Hey didnt even think about that! :D

The day I met Katie , the first day we both attended, she told me her dream was to be a criminal prosecutor. But she felt maybe it was too late. I think watching "how it's done" by this prosecutor just got that bug bit and she's pursuing it! She sent me a text last week from the tour she took at the law school and her long range plan..it will take less time than she'd imagined so she's psyched! Katie is super smart and wise beyond her years and a real go getter...she will excel I'm sure! Love that girl.

travis7.jpg

How stranger’s kindness helped create Travis fund
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/05/travis-alexander-legacy-fund-jodi-arias-trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong