KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by Madeleine74, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwmred

kwmred New Member

Really beautiful post <3

2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff New Member

Disgraceful isn't it that if promised "the interview" a reporter compromises the truth!

3. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Missed that, but it's because I won't watch HLN talking heads till someone talks them all off the ledge. Good grief. Katie Wick tried to tell DD last night that the media likely has it all wrong about a deadlock, but noooooo, he didn't want to hear her. Patted her on the head, essentially, and moved the camera away.

I'm choosing to trust my own common sense, and that if the many posters here yesterday saying... wait a minute. This jury has given no indication whatsoever that they would throw up their hands and quit just a few hours into deliberation.

These jurors are so dedicated that even after members are kicked off the jury they still are adamant to remain involved until the end, even in the face of public criticism and invasion of their privacy.

The remaining jurors have twice brought back their decisions in a time frame that indicates they weren't rushing to get it over with and weren't delayed by contention and division.

They are less than 8 hours into deliberating the most difficult phase of the trial. I would hope that this group would give each juror the opportunity to speak to their individual decision.. what went into it, and how they feel about making such a momentous decision.

I doubt that any of them will readily find anyone else in their lives who will understand what they have gone through during this trial, or how difficult it is to make this final decision.

Prayers to these jurors today. Thinking long and hard about Mormon Attorney's compassionate post yesterday about this jury, for myself I've found peace with whatever they decide.

I still hope for the DP, largely because it seems clear that all she has left is her savage and ceaseless desire to cause pain to Travis' family, and given life she will continue doing so.

Thanks to Mormon Attorney, I also will understand if one or more of these jurors decides they just cannot be responsible for helping put another person to death, even this one.

Praying for peace and healing to everyone on the very long list of people this murderer has so profoundly harmed and wounded.

4. Frigga

Frigga New Member

Oh for the love of God... they keep saying that about EVERYTHING. Juan Martinez is not going to accidentally say something in his final closing argument- that he wasn't, by law, supposed to. Ridiculous. Does anyone actually believe that this seasoned prosecutor would? What he said was actually what the 'left out' jury instructions stated.

These TH are ridiculous, bordering on dangerous. Everything is an "appealable" issue to them. Don't believe it. Now the judge has caused an "appealable" issue-. No... I don't think so. She may have left off instructions accidentally- but no way did she state anything of the sort to the jury- in fact if you listen to it she was quite clear in the opposite direction.

5. Alexander family fan

Alexander family fan New Member

Friends,

Chris, Katie Cool Lady, KDDJ, are all reporting on twitter, they are all , and have been in prayers for the jury and for the family.
    Be of good faith today. Hugs!

Here is a beautiful picture of Chris Hughes &#8207;with his beloved friend, Travis with this tweet "Miss you brother. Justice in route" Chris Hughes &#8207; http://t.co/upKBdkZR07

6. katiecoolady

katiecoolady Well-Known Member

All of this is absolutely correct and there is more but even though he's an unethical jaded biased poor excuse for a journalist I won't divulge or quote things said to me in private...at least not yet. It's worse way worse than you can think. I will never ever let anyone disparage a murder victim or their family to my face ever ever again. Thank you Michael Kiefer for giving me that lesson.

I think yesterday is an example of a person who's venom has matched their ego and its out of control to blatantly post that. He's been a shill for the defense all along, reporting on things in a biased way that help their cause, the Daryl brewer interview highly suspect to me, so much more. I'll just say there are people watching and interested in these shenanigans. I'll leave it at that.

Thanks for this list AFF. Xo

7. EGirl

EGirl #RockportStrong

Hi Frigga!

Can you clarify something for me? I thought the instructions were not left out of the packet, just that JSS didn't read that portion out loud. Is that correct?

8. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

What is especially sad--and maddening-- about the circus the TH's have created and abetted is that everyone watching is missing out on learning how the justice system actually works and doesn't work.

I suspect that coverage of trials on mainstream TV has been permanently downgraded to rank entertainment.

9. MAREED35

MAREED35 New Member

Katie,

I just wanted to tell you how much I've appreciated your comments these last view months both here and on the radio show despite the great cost to your emotional and physical health. You have been mountain of strength for all of us looking for justice for the Alexanders.

I'm sorry there have been those who have let their emotions get out of control and say hurtful things to you - please know there are many more of us out there who appreciate everything that you do.

You are truly a remarkable woman who is doing and will continue to do great things in the cause of justice for the victims of crime. Please do whatever it takes to continue to fill your own lamp with light to take care of you and your beloved brother.

PRAYING FOR THE FINAL STEP IN JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS TODAY!!!:please:!!

10. BeachGirlFromPA

BeachGirlFromPA Always digging a little deeper....

I hope this jury reaches a true and appropriate verdict today. Ego, venom and extraneous 'stuff' seems to be growing the longer this trial goes on. It's saddening and sickening at the same time.
    I've chosen to keep my focus on the only thing that matters. Justice for Travis.
    I've chosen to keep my focus on the only people that matter. The Alexander family, their loved ones and friends. This is about them. And only them.
    Those, like MK who are receiving their own gain, do nothing but stain the pure purpose of this trial. This is about Travis and his precious family. I already feel badly that I have the choice of clicking out, walking away and returning to my life at the end of this horrible chapter. They don't have that choice and never will. God bless them for all they've suffered and will suffer the rest of their lives. I admire them more than I can say.

11. Snowhite

Snowhite Member

They are just ticked off they didn't get a interview with THE MURDERER....all they can get is the groupies outside the Court House...JVM is so irritating.......poor Beth when JVM asks her for comments and can't get a word in when she tries to answer...I just hope someone on another network see's what a jewel BK is and hires her...or HLN gives her her own show...

12. Frigga

Frigga New Member

13. Face the music

Face the music New Member

Katie, Wow! Your post just brings me to tears. I don't post often but I have to respond now as I want you to know that your so appreciated for so many reasons. Thank God for people like you. You have a way of lifting people up and you give so much. I know there's a special place for you in heaven. Thank you!

14. FrayedKnot

FrayedKnot Former Member

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama

<mod snip>

15. kayice

kayice Member

Jury in early, clock ticking.

16. A_News_Junkie

A_News_Junkie Retired

Exactly! I did rewind to try to find what ATL heard, but I might not have gone back far enough. My take is the always boisterous defense attorney that was saying that since the judge gave the instruction for a hung jury to them, that if she jumped the gun that somehow would create bias to open the appeal door. (for a defense attorney, they never see that door closed anyway!) BUT, what my understanding of the law is - is that for an appeal to be successful, the 'error' would have to be so egregious as to affect the OUTCOME of the trial - and I don't see how an instruction to continue to deliberate and respect each person's individual opinion to agree or disagree can be seen as prejudicing the jury. IMHO, it only reinforced the seriousness of their decision and encourages them once again to not take their duty lightly.

Ratings :drama: Ratings :drama: Ratings :drama: IMHO, that is all it is!

17. A_News_Junkie

A_News_Junkie Retired

Watch this - (read the description so you understand the context of the video) and you will know what happened exactly.
    Missing instruction - YouTube

18. Alexander family fan

Alexander family fan New Member

Katie, I see the juror ALL arriving early today as a message to the family, not only did we not give up, we are here, sleeves rolled up, working hard, we are in, and we are in big! It is a wink and a nod, hang in there kiddos , we've got this!

Chris Hughes &#8207;
    "Calling all friends of #TravisAlexander. Please pray that jury will be unanimous & get the sentencing right."

19. susan1122

susan1122 New Member

:heartbeat::loveyou::grouphug::heartbeat:

We love you, Kathy!! Thank you for your continuous updates, support and FAITH!!!!:loveyou::grouphug::cheer::heartbeat:

:loveyou::grouphug::cheer::heartbeat:

:twocents:

20. makayla

makayla Well-Known Member

Katie . . . God bless you for all you do . . . you have made such a difference in so many people's lives.

Hugs to you!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.