KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on seeing the snippets of the interview of the jury foreman, I am VERY grateful this jury was able to come to a guilty vote.

From what this man says, it sounds like the jurors were about at the end of their rope by the time it got to the penalty phase, no? I cannot imagine how they were able to go through the jury instructions, deliberate, and come to a vote in the short amount of time up to their first question. Did I hear him say that nothing changed after that first vote? That no one tried to change anyone else's vote? Or am I misinterpreting?

I am also just astounded that this jury did not know the consequences of them not reaching a decision. Or was that information not a part of their instructions?

I am not going to post my opinion of this particular juror. But I will say that he seems to have been operating under some misconceptions. Such as that the public would know less about the case than the jury did. That just doesn't even make sense! Why did he think the jurors were not allowed to read about the televised trial?

I think Bill has some serious catching up to do. One of the comments Jodi made the other night to Ryan, I believe, when he asked Jodi about what really happened in that bathroom. Jodi made the statement that things did not happen right away but within a "couple of minutes" after she dropped the camera. That was not her testimony. Why would she say that when 62 seconds after she dropped the camera there is a picture of Travis with his throat cut. She does have a lot of inconsistencies and Bill needs to catch up. I think he will be shocked how she duped him.
Have a feeling Bill is the type that just won't look if he thinks he will learn he was wrong. He'll hear enough from acquaintances to know it though.

Yeah, that "wasn't instantaneous" bit was a biggie - and she knew it too. A oops look flashed over her face for a second and she tried to fix it, but I was wished the reporter had reminded her those pics had times on them.

I agree - the more I hear the more upset I find myself getting - and I am trying hard not to 'go there'. On the way home from the store I heard on the radio that one of them said she is not Charles Mansion or Jeffery Dahmer and that her no prior history was mentioned - so that must have been the mitigator they used to refuse DP.

BTW - have the unsealed the juror questions yet? Or the ALV stuff?

It is rather interesting isn't it? There was one really nasty e-mail and no way of knowing what precipitated it. She had no prior convictions, but she did have planning the murder and the aftermath of it, stealing from her grandparents, 4 years of lying to the police about everything, lying on the stand during the trial, etc. The jury doesn't know about all the tire slashing and trespassing incidents and who knows what else on top of all that. No other convictions, but a heck of a lot of other crimes. And that all outweighs one email that was probably triggered by something she did? Yikes! That "throw spaghetti against the wall" defense worked to a point.

Have a feeling Bill is the type that just won't look if he thinks he will learn he was wrong. He'll hear enough from acquaintances to know it though.

Yeah, that "wasn't instantaneous" bit was a biggie - and she knew it too. A oops look flashed over her face for a second and she tried to fix it, but I was wished the reporter had reminded her those pics had times on them.

I think what Jodi was thinking is Juan saying there was not enough time for her to run into the closet to get the gun so by saying it took a couple of minutes she thought she was covering a base without realizing the pictures are timed. Just no excuse can make up that short period of time. It's a stab every 2 seconds.

Or as I would put it, "Do not take it out on our fellow posters." As in it's not a suggestion.

I was so frustrated and upset with things like, was the "If" omitted or not, the jury coming back with no sentence, I decided to just walk away. The last two evenings I wanted to strike out at anyone, because we all put such great faith in the jury finally putting an end to this trial for Travis and his siblings. I shut the computer off and sat and watched various TV programs like Swamp People. Any distracting program that was on. I had had enough of JA and this latest jury blow. I watched TV until bedtime. I got up this a.m. with a whole new outlook on the trial. The hung jury was a terrible blow to the Alexander's and all of us, but we can't change what happened. All we can do is stand by the Alexander's, support them, pray for them and see this through till the end. JA isn't going to get 'away' with murdering Travis regardless what the sentence is. In the meantime, had I taken my frustration and 'rage' out on somebody else, what would it have helped me or the Alexander's? Sometimes it's just easier to walk away from a situation until you have time to calm down, then to strike out and hurt another and upset everybody. MOO

Multiple choice question...
Your daughter has just been convicted of aggravated, premeditated first degree murder. While the jury deliberates her fate (life in prison or the death penalty) what do you do?
A. Fall to your knees begging god for forgiveness and mercy.
B. Stay as close to the courthouse as you can so you will be there the moment the verdict is read.
C. Both A & B
D. Go on a sightseeing tour of the Grand canyon. :facepalm:

It could be a planned lie to insure IT gets sympathy for the next round. I was up all night so very upset cried till 8am with this jury. I still do not get all voting for the case being death penalty okay ed by all 12 in the second verdict if they could not vote death in the third and final verdict. I took it like a cruel taunt to the family,they had to have believed DP was definitely going to happen.She showed no remorse at all and also kinda spit at the jurors with her snarky "I am a DV victim no matter what anyone think" BS.It would have been more humane to the family to have not voted by all 12 in the second deliberation. I am also worried that even if the Alexander 's want to have another try the State may not because of the cost. It does not matter how I feel I just want the Alexander family to be able to get as much peace as they can to be able to go forward and live the lives they all deserve to live. I personally know there is no such thing as closure when a loved one has been brutally murdered,but everyone affected does need to attain enough peace to be able to not self destruct their own lives and futures. I hope I am making sense :banghead:

ETA: Also if Jodi was nothing but trouble her whole life and if the immediate family were living in fear of her,they might not have the same reaction to her spending her life or the next 12/15 yrs of it in prison Just because Jodi says she was the one who would not move back home does not mean they gave her that option if they knew she was dangerous.IMO Her mom asking her if she killed Travis as soon as she heard he was murdered tells me they knew she was a danger to them as well.Most people feel that the death penalty will not be around that long.Most states are getting rid of it and even now most die naturally them some states actually do it.

I agree - the more I hear the more upset I find myself getting - and I am trying hard not to 'go there'. On the way home from the store I heard on the radio that one of them said she is not Charles Mansion or Jeffery Dahmer and that her no prior history was mentioned - so that must have been the mitigator they used to refuse DP.

BTW - have the unsealed the juror questions yet? Or the ALV stuff?

Isn't that interesting? They are right but not seeing it for what it is.

Jodi is not Charles Manson, Manson didn't kill anyone. He had others do it for him. He brain washed people into being zombified soldiers.
Jodi however purposefully prepared and butchered this man with her own hands.

Dahmer admitted that he is very sick, if they let him out he will do it again. He never lied about all he did or what the future would bring if they did not put him away.
Jodi blames everything on everyone else. Promises if she is released this won't happen unless you don't abuse her anymore. Of course in reality terms Abuse is a term Jodi uses differently then us. She is obviously ready to use it again but swears she won't kill again.

Nope, Jodi is not either of them. She is even worse then they are in certain ways. In certain ways she is even more dangerous becuase instead of just going to jail and dealing with her sentence she is fighting to get out and continue to life her life HER way, knowing she got away with it once.

YES! And per Arpaio, she will be on lock down 23 of every 24 hours.. no jail house groupies.. and no more interviews!

I read this shortly after you posted it I was finally able to stop crying and boy did it cheer me up! I just hope it will stay that way till the new phase. I was able to finally hit the pillow and sleep with how much being all alone with only herself will drive her batty! Mean of me but she brings my meanness out.

If they do away with the DP, a new option should be employed...such as a division that keeps some in segregated housing for life w/o getting to ever to the main line (general pop).

Isn't that interesting? They are right but not seeing it for what it is.

Jodi is not Charles Manson, Manson didn't kill anyone. He had others do it for him. He brain washed people into being zombified soldiers.
Jodi however purposefully prepared and butchered this man with her own hands.

Dahmer admitted that he is very sick, if they let him out he will do it again. He never lied about all he did or what the future would bring if they did not put him away.
Jodi blames everything on everyone else. Promises if she is released this won't happen unless you don't abuse her anymore. Of course in reality terms Abuse is a term Jodi uses differently then us. She is obviously ready to use it again but swears she won't kill again.

Nope, Jodi is not either of them. She is even worse then they are in certain ways. In certain ways she is even more dangerous becuase instead of just going to jail and dealing with her sentence she is fighting to get out and continue to life her life HER way, knowing she got away with it once.

I agree 100%.

I posted the following on the "Verdict is in! Gui..." thread today, and am reposting here so you have a sense of what lies in the future for CMja. I also BBM a few additional things:

My ex-DH was incarcerated in the San Juan Facility at Perryville from 1983-88. (I divorced him in 1985) It was a med/min facility then. San Juan was medium. You can look his Prison Id #37426 in the ADOC inmate data search. This was the last time he was incarcerated in Az, his previous incarcerations at Ft. Grant and Florence are not listed because their data base doesn't go that far back for repeat offenders. He went on to be incarcerated in California at Folsum, Solidad, and San Quentin. He was looking at a 3rd strike on his last offense, but San Jose, Cali. LE had beaten him so incredibly during his arrest (an illegal search when he was walking in the park) that they feared a lawsuit and cut him loose. They shattered the entire side of his face and his hip, among other things.

I have no sympathy for him. You reap what you sow. I was a stupid naive 17 year old who had never been exposed to the "Dark Side", and had known him from the time I was 6. He was a Marine with an honorable discharge. His sister was taken in by my folks as a foster for 7 years.

He became addicted to morphine while serving, guarded the medical tent. He was also on body bag duty, the planes would come in state, off load the dead, and he was one of those who had to inventory the body bag and compare the weight of the contents from where it came from to it's destiny. He also became a part of the military group that was portrayed in the movie "American Gangster". (I will NOT discuss the liberties or omissions that the movie misrepresented) When discharged he became a heroin addict, he was a member of the Old Mexican Mafia and the Nuestra Familia, 2 rival Ariz/Calif gangs, only because his brother in law, George Solano was a top dog in the NF in Cali. Both gangs were "blood in, blood out".

I can promise you all, that CMja will not make it in prison. Perryville was hard when my ex was in there. The guards will look away, rather then insert themselves in the middle of something. I personally "witnessed" an inmate RAPE his girlfriend on a picnic bench while there for a visitation one evening. She was screaming for help, and the guards turned their backs. I was strip searched on one visitation, with no exclamation, when showing up for another visit. Seems my ex had a scam going on and there were "gals" bringing in drugs to him. When he tried to assault me that evening during visitation, I ran to the sally port and the guards opened it up for me, closing it just as he got to it. One of the guards who took me back to the main entrance on the bus, gave me the low down.

He told me I did not belong in this environment, I was different than all the other women coming to see their husbands, and boyfriends. Everyone who was incarcerated in prison found "Jesus", it was just all part of the game while the inmates con their loved ones into bringing contraband into the prison and put money on their books. He told me I deserved and should demand better of myself. I was educated, I worked, I had a 2 year old daughter. My ex was being investigated for the murder of a top MM down in Florence, evidently "kites" had been found in his possession and eluded to the hit being orchestrated. The guard told me to get the hell out of there and never turn back.

Perryville is much worse now. It is a medium/maximum facility. These inmates have nothing but time on their hands to devise new ways of making weapons. Newspaper can be made into a shiv, a light bulb can be used to create an inferno in a cell, hooch can be made toxic to it's intended victim. No matter where you are placed, SOMEONE can always get to you, even in PC or solitary confinement.

The women's side of the prison is far more vicious and brutal. They have the same "blood in/blood out".

CMja has no "Game", she has no affiliation, she's from Cali, and has no family in prison.She is bi-racial, dis'd her Hispanic heritage and tried to "pass" as "gringa". She killed a "white" man. The inmates in Perryville already know her "jacket". And they don't speak proper "Spanish" in prison, it's a combo Border slang and Barrio.

Like I said before, she is toast.

That being said, any talk about CMja having a cushy life in prison getting Life (with or without parole) or DP should just be dropped. She will experience Hell on Earth. I can guarantee it. And that's not my opinion, it's the facts.

(Post script: "ex-DH" was pointed out to me, but I have no clue how I would make an abbreviation for what I would really write w/o getting a TO, and it would probably take a whole line of letters which wouldn't make a bit of sense!)

Bernina! My Arizona Girl! ... Watchout! Gonna hug you, now! (((HUG)))

PS... WhereTF is Paulden? ;)

Except Sandy didn't go, Jodi's sister, her husband and kids did.
That's good to know. But still, how do you go on a family outing given the circumstances, even if you are done with her (especially her father)? Different strokes I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd