KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhh how interesting, I love this stuff. When this Seacat audio goes on pause I will watch it..thanks Dawn!:seeya:

There is something so repulsive about Jodi Arias large creepy hands and long skinny fingers (especially the middle one) that I can barely stand to look at them without feeling queasy. Good example of what I mean here:

http://youtu.be/oJgKBMmEwy0?t=6m37s

FYI - The audio is turned off on purpose.

There is something so repulsive about Jodi Arias large creepy hands and long skinny fingers (especially the middle one) that I can barely stand to look at them without feeling queasy. Good example of what I mean here:

I agree with ya. her drawings, IMO, portray those same evil hands. I know it sounds weird, but when I look at her drawings I only see the hands and they creep me out. They seem dirty or evil somehow. OK, I'm certifiable!

Katie Wick and I both had the exact same reaction in the courtroom...the first thing we noticed about her were her hands. Creepy made creepier knowing what horrible things she's done with them. Terrifying like monster hands.

KatieCL, do you ever sleep?

Another excellent blog post, my dear. I think you are nearly spilling words all over yourself in a frenzy to get out so many pent up feelings and thoughts and questions. It is amazing me how much you are opening up and sharing ---- possibly you have found an outlet where you feel safe, protected, and oh-so-loved that you can finally share as freely (or not) as you choose. I do know that many of us think of you as family and perhaps in a way we are taking some of the sadness burden from your heart by being able to share our own thoughts and support. I count your blog as a gift you have blessed us with.

Thank you, KCL, for being you and for letting us into your special space.

KatieCL, do you ever sleep?

Another excellent blog post, my dear. I think you are nearly spilling words all over yourself in a frenzy to get out so many pent up feelings and thoughts and questions. It is amazing me how much you are opening up and sharing ---- possibly you have found an outlet where you feel safe, protected, and oh-so-loved that you can finally share as freely (or not) as you choose. I do know that many of us think of you as family and perhaps in a way we are taking some of the sadness burden from your heart by being able to share our own thoughts and support. I count your blog as a gift you have blessed us with.

Thank you, KCL, for being you and for letting us into your special space.

I guess I found a vessel to channel all that post trial adrenaline. I haven't been sleeping all that great lately, unless you consider afternoon napping. ;)

Yes, thanks Quester! I got all triggered by his madness again last night. I don't know what the paper thinks about employing such a biased reporter, biased toward a MURDERER but maybe they just think his "National Enquirer" form of journalism sells papers. Blech.

I have read the article several times over as a former journalist/editor and looked for the bias. Here's my humble opinion. Using the word discourse to describe JM's argument could be construed as bias becuase the word is subjective. One person's discourse is another's brief statement. He should have nailed it down to specifics..Ex. JM argued the point for ten mintutes, or the transrcipt of JM's argument was 10 pages..leaving the reader to decide if it was "discourse."

When he talks about the "banter" between JM and JW did he leave out comments that would make JW look as unprofessional as JM ends up looking? If so, then it's bias. But if JW said nothing on that level...then it's not. And the same is true for the rest of it. If he left out comments made by JW or KN that made them look unprofessional or snarky,..then that's bias and the article is slanted. But if they never made those kind of remarks..then it is not bias to include JM's remarks. He said them.

The only other bias I found was that it's clear the reporter feels the judge was slow on the draw and should have admonished JM. By inluding the word "finally" when referring to the judge stepping in," he is showing how he feels and that he thinks she should have been more aggressive.( I agree with that but it should not be in the article.)
But overall, it's not bias to include statements JM made, if he made them.

Hi Katie!

Have you seen this video showing the many facial and hand gestures of Jodi Arias? What it all means if anything I don't know - perhaps Jeanine Driver can weigh in.

Dr. Richard Samuels and the Jodi Monster

Dr Richard Samuels and the Jodi Monster - YouTube

Thanks for the post, Dawn. Wow. And JA continued to do that crap through out the trial. Some of the throat slashes were really scary.

I have read the article several times over as a former journalist/editor and looked for the bias. Here's my humble opinion. Using the word discourse to describe JM's argument could be construed as bias becuase the word is subjective. One person's discourse is another's brief statement. He should have nailed it down to specifics..Ex. JM argued the point for ten mintutes, or the transrcipt of JM's argument was 10 pages..leaving the reader to decide if it was "discourse."

When he talks about the "banter" between JM and JW did he leave out comments that would make JW look as unprofessional as JM ends up looking? If so, then it's bias. But if JW said nothing on that level...then it's not. And the same is true for the rest of it. If he left out comments made by JW or KN that made them look unprofessional or snarky,..then that's bias and the article is slanted. But if they never made those kind of remarks..then it is not bias to include JM's remarks. He said them.

The only other bias I found was that it's clear the reporter feels the judge was slow on the draw and should have admonished JM. By inluding the word "finally" when referring to the judge stepping in," he is showing how he feels and that he thinks she should have been more aggressive.( I agree with that but it should not be in the article.)
But overall, it's not bias to include statements JM made, if he made them.

Thanks for your analysis crimesnooper! I think looking at the totality of his "reporting" and the cherry picking he does (he definitely slants most of his reporting to pieces of "news" that favor the defense and attempt to humiliate Juan Martinez in some way) combined with some just basic bald faced lies he's reported (like how Martinez regularly walks out the front door of the courthouse to adoring fans while the DT had to walk out a side door with security--that was just all completely fabricated-it just didn't happen) combined with the abject vitriol he spewed at me about Martinez and the Alexander family, I just can't read anything he writes with any objectivity. Wow, please don't edit that sentence...it was a marathon runon and I've not even had my coffee yet. :seeya:

Crimesnooper

I would be interested in your opinion of MK reporting that numerous people have had threats throughout the trial yet he reported that Juror number 18 signed the jury question. it was edited out later.

Just curious as to what your opinion is.

Katie -

Those pictures of you and your sister could literally have been plucked out of my mother's photo album! I did a double-take on the picture of you as a baby on the bed with your sister stroking you - we have an almost-identical one, down to exactly where she is sitting on the bed patting you and you are laying, even the coverlet is similar. And the little white baby shoes. Do we know each other?? LOL. My first thought was "how did Katie get my picture?"

(My sister is 16 months older than me.)

And the little crocheted hat, the identical dresses, the pixie haircuts - we must be very, very, very close in age.

Even the draperies in one of the photos are almost identical.

Your blog posts are so touching. I am always so sad when I read about your sister. I am so fortunate to still have all my family members close by and healthy - even my mother and my father. Your posts always remind me of this good fortune.

Katie -

Those pictures of you and your sister could literally have been plucked out of my mother's photo album! I did a double-take on the picture of you as a baby on the bed with your sister stroking you - we have an almost-identical one, down to exactly where she is sitting on the bed patting you and you are laying, even the coverlet is similar. And the little white baby shoes. Do we know each other?? LOL. My first thought was "how did Katie get my picture?"

(My sister is 16 months older than me.)

And the little crocheted hat, the identical dresses, the pixie haircuts - we must be very, very, very close in age.

Even the draperies in one of the photos are almost identical.

Your blog posts are so touching. I am always so sad when I read about your sister. I am so fortunate to still have all my family members close by and healthy - even my mother and my father. Your posts always remind me of this good fortune.

Awww...thank you for sharing this. We were born in 1958 and 1959 (me). Does this line up? ;)

Ironically, for me too, writing about some of these totally tragic things leads me to feeling blessed and fortunate for what I do have. My relationship with my brother, my father, other family members, myself.

Interesting what happens when you start to purge. :seeya:

Today's entry was not an easy one to wade through but I'm hibernating today so took the time to get it all out.

Powerful, KCL ! Just powerful and so interesting about your stepmom being the author she was...sure makes me pause. Glad you are able to release through your writing. I hope that it will help your brother too. Many challenges...many blessings to you my friend. Kiminnm

Thanks for your analysis crimesnooper! I think looking at the totality of his "reporting" and the cherry picking he does (he definitely slants most of his reporting to pieces of "news" that favor the defense and attempt to humiliate Juan Martinez in some way) combined with some just basic bald faced lies he's reported (like how Martinez regularly walks out the front door of the courthouse to adoring fans while the DT had to walk out a side door with security--that was just all completely fabricated-it just didn't happen) combined with the abject vitriol he spewed at me about Martinez and the Alexander family, I just can't read anything he writes with any objectivity. Wow, please don't edit that sentence...it was a marathon runon and I've not even had my coffee yet. :seeya:

No problem!! Lol My writing on here is so lazy...it's hard for anyone to think I can write. I want to see the whole transcripts and see what MK left out. But you know..he is very clever becuase from what I have read he is always just shy of being nailed for bias. My big test besides the words are...what do you feel when you read him. I know you are fairminded so if you feel bias then he has been clever in sneaking it it. Just the word you mentioned "adorning" conotes a lot and it's actually negative. He could have said..JM left the couthouse, greeted by hundreds of people cheering. I shall retire from my "lecture mode" lol

------------------
Hi, she has masculine hands.:what: her arms seem out of whack too.:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members