Katrina sent sex offenders off the radar

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Rocky, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Rocky

Rocky Former Member

lost sex offenders

We were talking about this in a thread a while back, but it seems to have disappeared...

2. Loading...

3. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

If they had been on GPS/satalitte monitoring, we wouldn't be having this problem. At the very least, we would know where they were when they took the ankle bracelet off.

4. concernedperson

concernedperson Former Member

This has been a big worry of mine since Katrina hit. They never had good track of them before and now it is just impossible. I check the Louisiana sites daily and there are so many sex offenders it would make your skin crawl. Daily, abuse of a 2 month old, a 70 year old and so it goes. This is not a state with clout and certainly with enough degenerates to fill the justice system for a long time. I know I am originally from there so I can say this.

5. BillyGoatGruff

BillyGoatGruff New Member

In a somewhat related subject, apparently there was a rash of lootings over the Christamas holidays in the Lakeview/MidCity area, where criminals broke into unattended houses that had already been cleaned up, or at least partially so, taking what little the owners still had left. I learned about this reading the message boards on the Times Picayune's webslite, www.nola.com

6. concernedperson

concernedperson Former Member

Thst is only material things. Yes, it is bad. But it is only part and parcel of the real things. JMO.

7. BillyGoatGruff

BillyGoatGruff New Member

It's the insult to injury part that makes it totally repugnant behavior in my view. And it's being done by people who clearly know what it's like to lose everything (or damn near)l. Apparently a lot of the hardcore gangbanger/criminal element types are filtering back into the city after wearing out their welcome elsewhere, and realize the pickings are pretty good, considering out much of the city is unpoliced/empty.

8. Opie

Opie Well-Known Member

How sad that some people are so morally bankrupt as to act in such a manner.