KATU -- Source: Investigators far from solving Kyron case

Free posted this in another thread:

I cannot find an online video, but KPTV did show a clip on the 11pm news of Kaine on Friday getting into a vehicle downtown Portland and they said he had just met with LE for an update on the investigation.

I'm not clear if he made this comment before or after his meeting with them.

But saying this is (like) saying you hope the case is never solved? That would be unbearable to so many, though sadly possible. She can only be cleared if someone else is convicted, which seems unlikely at this point with no one else, even an anonymous someone, seemingly on the radar. I dislike the idea of anyone being a lifelong suspect and hope for enough of a case to take to trial (if Terri).

I never said that...No way am I hoping this case is never solved..

If they are no closer to solving the case... then what the heck are they doing handing it to the grand jury? I'm telling you, Folks... they don't present a case to a GJ until they are pretty sure they can get an indictment. They have to be closer to a conclusion than what this "source" thinks they are.
Maybe they feel they are no closer to finding Kyron, and that is sad and discouraging, but I think they pretty well have it figured out. Or think they do.

No one is trying to prove she WASN'T involved.

That's pretty harsh.

For that to be true, it means never finding out what happened to Kyron --- whether she's innocent or guilty.

Harsh? What I stated is NOT harsh as far as I am concerned..
Also, I desperately want LE to find out what happened to Kyron, but IF they don't that doesn't mean TMH is innocent...
IMHO...There is entirely too too much going on with Terri and her bazaar behavior surrounding Kyron's disappearance for me to believe she is innocent..JMHO

I think I may have to duck out of this case. My emotions can't take it anymore.

I'm completely hip to that feeling. I quit Caylee and Heligh because it was just too too much for me and affecting my already bad health. I will hopefully be around to Casey's trial though, cos I can't wait to see her found GUILTY.
I fear they will never find Haleigh.
I fear the only way Kyron will be found is by accident...someone walking in the woods or hunters. I just pray he's not found by children playing, that all.

And I want to know WTH Susan Powell is????? If Josh thinks we have forgotten about her, he's sadly mistaken. His day will come, I am sure of it.

And what about that lady kidnapped in her pajamas taking something to the mailbox who was living with her parents to get away from her crazy husband? WTH is she? I am sorry I can't remember her name but her case sticks in my head cos that's just the kind of stunt my first ex would have pulled, so it scares me for her. Hope her hubby doesn't think we have forgotten her either cos we HAVE NOT.

To all the missing, we have NOT forgotten you. We are still looking for you, we still care. We will find you and when we do, Justice will be done. BELEIVE THAT!!

I know it is a fantasy but I wish somehow that Terri's parents could get her to tell them the truth, if she is involved and can end this. I know that I could never look at my (late) mom and lie to her, no matter what I had done. I wonder if they even dare ask...

But somehow, this has to end...not for us, but for his family, all his cousins, etc...the other kids at his school.

She was an olny child, and an adopted one at that. I'm guessing she was spoiled rotten and indulged at every turn. Her parents probably don't dare ask her anything, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if her folks weren't scared chitless of her. I know I would be, and no way would I be able to sleep under the same roof. Uh Uh. No way in this world.

My friend's child has been missing over 20 years.Just a little pick me up for everyone.

I know some people don't agree, but when I read that article about Terri today, all hope was lost for me. I had a little glimmer of hope. I now longer do.

I am so often wrong. I hope that this is one of those times.

I worked with a rather odd nurse years ago (the 80's) who told me once very casually that her son had been abducted and they had never found him. Forgetting my manners, because I was just aghast and horrified, I asked a lot of questions like are you still looking, where do you think he is, tell me the story, etc. It happened out west, she has one older daughter she has almost no contact with, grandkids she has never met and apparently doesn't care to...sometimes I wonder about her, if she did something to that little boy. Of course no way I remember names and stuff now...unfortunately or I would do some digging around on my own.

A unidirectional investigation on 'one' person and one person only is what I've been watching...a case so focused on Terri that it left little, if any, room for conjecture and speculation about other players. What kind of data comes from a preconceived premise? :eek:

Kaine relies on 'data'? The data is only as reliable and valid as the foundation from which it was built. If the foundation is faulty, the engineer needs to start over again...and I believe that is the case with missing Kyron, LE must start over again and begin collecting valid data. :(

Sometimes getting a good attorney will halt the rush for an arrest - imo, Terri is very fortunate to have gotten herself an attorney. :hand:

All just my opinions and that kind of stuff

http://www.kptv.com/news/24706595/detail.html

Thanks for that BeanE. (She really is amazing, our BeanE, isn't she?)

Kaine confirms his biggest strength and his biggest weakness. He's a data guy.

*sigh*

Like many guys, using their intuition is just not in their nature ... with your intuition button *off* you can miss a lot of *warning* and *caution* and *dangerous curves* signs to avoid trouble in your relationships. :cow:

You look at these guys and think to yourselves - "I don't get it - does he not see how messed up she is?" And no, they don't see what we see. Until there's actual data (i.e. hard evidence). Then they are surprised. And sometimes, devastated.

:grouphug: for all the data guys.

I doubt that he was THAT surprised. One thing that remember reading a ways back ; at one point in the marriage,TH was, according to KH, "drinking herself to sleep every night " I wonder what was behind that ? I also wonder if KH suggested AA ? Something caused TH to stop drinking so heavily, again,according to KH, and I would really be interested in knowing what it was...

Sorry,Ms.Peel, I didn't mean to make your excellent post go on a topic drift... thinking out loud... Forgive me....

All JMO

I have said frequently that I am not sitting on a fence.

And I am NOT.

However, I am also not sure what happened to Kyron. Does that make sense to any other poster?

I am so sad that "well placed source" has come out and said they are far from solving this. Does it mean they cannot prosecute without a body? What are the laws for that in Oregon???? Does it mean they have and have to start back at ground zero???? I am so confused and disheartened and above all just sick to my stomach that this little man is not home with his family.

Something bad happened on the morning of June 4th in skyline school... and I hope to God they figure out what happened.

Sigh.

I've been expecting something from LE any time now. And I wonder if this also wasn't a planned leak.

Why have I been expecting something?

Because school is about to start. And LE has invested everything, from the get-go, in the idea that TH did it (whatever "it" is).

They immediately assured the community that they had nothing to worry about. They've obviously focused on TH and her friends, even sending out flyer upon flyer with pictures.

etc.

Well, an entire summer later and what do they have? Not enough to reasonably make an arrest, as of right now.

I've actually been concerned that LE would rush to arrest TH on slim pickin's just because school is about to start and they need to have something ouit there for the community. I hope they don't do that--I'll take leaks, another Source cousin, etc. any time over the chances of a)arresting an innocent person or b)arresting the right person but having such a flimsy case that the case is lost in the courtroom.

LE has a big mess on their hands with their obvious solitary focus. And quotes about other cases and how long it will take is the first step toward trying to repair their image in time for school. Right now, this former prosecutor is carrying the water for them. Someone else will be quoted soon in a similar story. Sigh.

Exactly. And I hope they have put cameras in that school to ease the parents minds. I wish someone would start a petition or however these things get done to allocates money for every single school in this country to get cmaeras installed, inside and out. I know it would be expensive. But iner city school in Baltimore and Dc have cameras (some have metal detection devices students have to walk through- how said is that??) If they can find it in the budget for inner city schools to get cameras, I think they ought to do it nationwide. I'm serious. This is one thing (probably the ONLY one thing) JVM and I agree on, camera up everywhere, so criminals will have to think twice before they grab a kid or shoot or kill someone. Let them know it WILL be on tape.
And while the schools do have a system of signing in first at the office, that can be circumvented by anyone who wants to snatch a kid bad enough. I have grandkids in school, this scares the hell out of me.

A unidirectional investigation on 'one' person and one person only is what I've been watching...a case so focused on Terri that it left little, if any, room for conjecture and speculation about other players. What kind of data comes from a preconceived premise? :eek:

Kaine relies on 'data'? The data is only as reliable and valid as the foundation from which it was built. If the foundation is faulty, the engineer needs to start over again...and I believe that is the case with missing Kyron, LE must start over again and begin collecting valid data. :(

Sometimes getting a good attorney will halt the rush for an arrest - imo, Terri is very fortunate to have gotten herself an attorney. :hand:

All just my opinions and that kind of stuff
bbm

I was thinking along the same lines...

But saying this is (like) saying you hope the case is never solved? That would be unbearable to so many, though sadly possible. She can only be cleared if someone else is convicted, which seems unlikely at this point with no one else, even an anonymous someone, seemingly on the radar. I dislike the idea of anyone being a lifelong suspect and hope for enough of a case to take to trial (if Terri).

But she WILL be the one everyone suspects forever unless a sex offender type gets caught and says what the heck and confesses to a mess of crimes including Kyron and can tell where his body is. Then Terri Horman will have endured years of being a "suspect" (in our eyes) when she was really an innocent person. To that I say TOUGH CRAP, Terri. You were sexting, you were not honest with LE about your whereabouts, you had multiple throw away phones, you had a MFH plot against your husband, and on and on. Terri MADE HERSELF look suspicious, and if she turns out to not be the one, her years of being suspected and treated like a 3rd class citizen, she deserves it.

Building on this post:

Assume I am a guilty TH sitting in my parents home in Roseburg, unable to go out of the house, have my cell phone or laptop, my days filled with watching TV while walking or running on my treadmill (reference son J's comments in article a couple of days ago - the "contridiction" one, I believe). This KATU story has just added the pressure of the possibility that I could be stuck here forever.... Why won't LE just give up, dangit? I can definitely see this article as a pressure tactic.
I thought the "contradiction" article came from Mr. Houze's team. The KATU story could be LE's response.

JMHO, MOO, YMMV, et al

I wish I could see it that way. If she is guilty, I see this as confirming her belief that she can and will get away with it.:furious:

All I can keep thinking is that if TH is innocent, and she truly knows in her heart of hearts that she did not DO anything or have anything TO DO WITH anything and that NOTHING would be found to prove otherwise, then why isn't she proclaiming her innocence and trying to see her daughter?? I'm sure there has been some direction from her lawyer, but I just don't understand. I would be screaming from the rooftops that I was innocent and doing interviews left and right because I would KNOW that there was NOTHING they would find to prove otherwise.

So IMO Terri herself has created much of the public opinion, and for that I have no sympathy. May be harsh, but true.

MOO

Hello peeps.... this is a little reminder. Nothing has changed in this forum except that we may now speculate on Terri/Dede personal relationship. The manners, the snark, the rest of our polite interaction with one another is all still in place. Everyone check the rest at the door. Thanks. Gram.

I have said frequently that I am not sitting on a fence.

And I am NOT.

However, I am also not sure what happened to Kyron. Does that make sense to any other poster?

I am so sad that "well placed source" has come out and said they are far from solving this. Does it mean they cannot prosecute without a body? What are the laws for that in Oregon???? Does it mean they have and have to start back at ground zero???? I am so confused and disheartened and above all just sick to my stomach that this little man is not home with his family.

Something bad happened on the morning of June 4th in skyline school... and I hope to God they figure out what happened.

I'm right there with you. I got off the fence because there were just too many red flags for TH to be an innocent person. And because LE clearly thinks she is involved.

But if it turns out she is not involved, I will still be angry with her for the bad judgment she showed (repeatedly) that led LE to waste resources on investigating her. Why doesn't she care enough about Kyron to rein herself in?

Personally, I would climb a mountain to make sure that little boy was safe, and I don't even know him!

I am also married (25 years) to an engineer. And, yes, your description, Emma, is pretty accurate,
Except you're leaving out one important thing:

As for the "data" that engineers have as their biggest strength? That data is almost always right on! I quit questioning it a long time ago!

My dad was an engineer, and one of my son in laws is an engineer. They do think differently, and very ananytically. I remember before asking my dad if I could so something, I had to have "all the facts", and if I didn't, he would send me away to GET those facts before coming back and asking again.

Exactly. And I hope they have put cameras in that school to ease the parents minds. I wish someone would start a petition or however these things get done to allocates money for every single school in this country to get cmaeras installed, inside and out. I know it would be expensive. But iner city school in Baltimore and Dc have cameras (some have metal detection devices students have to walk through- how said is that??) If they can find it in the budget for inner city schools to get cameras, I think they ought to do it nationwide. I'm serious. This is one thing (probably the ONLY one thing) JVM and I agree on, camera up everywhere, so criminals will have to think twice before they grab a kid or shoot or kill someone. Let them know it WILL be on tape.
And while the schools do have a system of signing in first at the office, that can be circumvented by anyone who wants to snatch a kid bad enough. I have grandkids in school, this scares the hell out of me.

Hi Abbie! Your post about cameras got me thinking:waitasec:... I know that where I live just about EVERYWHERE is cameraed-up! EXCEPT for alot of the schools UNFORTUNATELY :(... But nonetheless the very many places that do have cameras would be of great help(one would think)...

I live in a city very similar in size to Portland(maybe even a bit larger)and we have cameras at nearly every single red light intersection, our huge interstates (there are 2 main interstates) that both are equipped with cameras at each exit(one facing each direction, so thats 2 per exit), then you add in all of the business surveillance cameras(that are approx. 3-4 in each direction per block[just an estimate of course]) ... This is A VAST AMOUNT of surveillance at almost every angle imaginable. So, you would think, say at just one of the very many intersection cameras that the footage would be clear in showing who(the mystery person seen by 2 witnesses in and around the truck that morning) was in that F250 and what if anything was possibly stowed in the back bed of the truck. You would also be able to see any and all cars that were even in the vicinity of the F250(both ahead of and behind) and see if there is anyone possibly also involved tho in another vehicle..It seeems to me that this would be an endless treasure trove of very important info and evidence that could be gleaned from this tape..

One other thing I want to mention having to do with cameras. My husband is a yardmaster for a national railroad. They are privy to at any and ALL times the data(i.e. photos and or video)easily obtained from the satellites that circle above the earth 24/7/365. I'll give u an example of how this works. Say there is a RR employee that is "fouling" up on the job, not only costing the company precious time&money but also risking other RR employees lives by this "fouling" up on the job. What the administration regularly do is download say the certain timeframe in question(just say the employees 4 hours that he was working in field, out on the tracks) they will download that 4 hour time frame from a set of coordinates(say the employee was working a 4 mile long section of RR track, they would punch in the Latitude/Longitude coordinate at the point of where he began the 4 hour time period in question and then they would punch in the Latitude/Longitude coordinate of where he ended that 4 hour time period) and waa-laa.. they download the satellite imagery to see what exactly this employee was doing and if he indeed was continuing to "foul up" thus being put on indefinite leave or terminated if necessary...

They of course use this "surveillance" because think of the 1000s of miles of track that run through completely uninhabited and desolate areas so they have clearance to see, download, and view the imagery of the satellites that are above(and let me add the satellites are not owned by the RR they just have clearance to view and use the imagery of these satellites)

So given that knowledge of this great and detailed technology that my husband is privy to every day of the week for purposes of ensuring employees, trains, freight, etc are not dangered then surely our government(FBI) would be privy to such unique technology that could make all the difference in the world in a case like this. So is this used(I personally have never even heard a peep of any type of enforcement agencies using this type of technology)? And if it is NOT used, why in the he!! NOT?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back