KC's "Brain Development"

Not necessarily...my daughter has Asperger's (albeit a mild form), and she tries very hard to be social. Where she struggles is reading non-verbal cues from others and reacting appropriately, e.g. giving people their space.
I don't see autism in KC, high functioning or otherwise. Possibly OCD, and dissociative...but not to the level of autism. She very much interacted with her environment and obviously has no problem with verbal skills. I believe she knows very well the difference between right and wrong. She just doesn't care IMO.
I do know that if the DT tries the autism theory, as the mother of two children on the spectrum, I will be :banghead::banghead::banghead: It greatly concerns me that this might be tried out as some kind of 'viable' defense...as if those of us who advocate for our kids need one more stigma to fight against.

I have a teenage son with Asperger's Syndrome. He is highly functioning. As a parent of an Asperger's child, I do not see any sign of Asperger's Syndrome in ICA.

However, I would not be surprised if LA had Asperger's.

This just shows how desperate the DT has become. They are using any excuse they can to tug at heartstrings to give pity to their client.

If they had any REAL PROOF she had damage, it would be entered into Court Records. The fact that they are only using this at the penalty phase speaks volumes.

I agree with much of what you write with a big exception-KC planned on killing her parents, or at least CA, IMO. This potentially makes her a cold, calculated-and (maybe) serial-killer.
The state I am in and the cultural beliefs of the majority in my state and community (which I think is a very important distinction, each village has its own thought and of course, each individual can vary and there are those in my state opposed to death penalty) are such that many of us wanted Lee Boyd Malvo to die for what he did-particularly to a 13 year old Maryland boy-but that was undone by the Supreme Court.
It is what it is, but the feeling remains that there are like minded communities throughout this country that feel that the death penalty is merited for someone who premeditates the murder of, or murders in the course of abuse, children-even when the offenders themselves are young.

BBM. I agree that she planned on killing her parents. I think that's what some of those google searches were for ... neck breaking, household weapons, shovel, etc. Another (kind of off the wall) thing I wondered about was if Cindy and KC were planning on murdering George. Cindy was wanting to divorce George, but found out she'd have to pay him alimony, give him half the proceeds of the house sale, etc. I still think it's more likely that ICA was planning on killing George & Cindy, however.

The DT would have better luck claiming that ICA's brain was damaged by Febreze overload. At least there is evidence of use of the product in her environment.

Nah - that probably wouldn't work either.

I believe the correct diagnosis is simply WASTE HUGE WASTE

I'm sorry about that. I noticed after rereading it that I misread what you wrote.

Who is It? Did you write It has levels as well? I thought Lee was laughing during deposition because he was just nervous, but who knows.

Autism and Asperger's have levels / spectrums. While I whole heartedly agree neither cause a person to murder,it does explain the odd behaviour after the fact.
MOO

The DT would have better luck claiming that ICA's brain was damaged by Febreze overload. At least there is evidence of use of the product in her environment.

Nah - that probably wouldn't work either.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I said LA appears to have asperger's
It has levels as well. His laughing about Caylee being dead... the smell is a bell ringer for me. Highly inappropriate at the time but he did it anyway cause he didn't know better

ICA with the constantly changing friends and being somewhat detached / jealous of a man because he loved her daughter could be either ,but because she was "social"
she appears more in the realm of high functioning autism.

Autism and some personality disorders have these features . . . highly inappropriate at times most people would be highly emotional. Not sure how to respond appropriately as they don't possess functional parts of their brain to access that higher cortical thinking. They mimick what they believe to be the appropriate response or extreme emotion is something they cannot process or recover well from . . . . so they improvise. We are describing many of the same features of an emotional distancing. Not able to understand and feel the pain(sadness,happiness, etc) of others over their own emotions. They lack empathy and are unable to imagine that someone else could feel something as much as they do. It doesn't occur to them that someone else is in pain . . . it is not in them to see the world through another person's eyes.

Wow Kinsey, you have nailed it hard!!!! You have just described to a Tee the narcissist that I lived with for many years. I have just been 2 years on the other side of pulling completely out of that relationship with no more contact. No more toxicity and I am finally able to heal. Thank you for reminding me that it was the most cathartic thing I could have ever done.

No contact is essential, any kind of contact gives them attention, even negative contact.

Glad to hear you are out 2 years, wish we were!!!

I have read many articles, where they constantly refer to the narcissist as a male, but people are also starting to realize how many toxic female narcissists there are in this world!!!

No contact is essential, any kind of contact gives them attention, even negative contact.

Glad to hear you are out 2 years, wish we were!!!

I have read many articles, where they constantly refer to the narcissist as a male, but people are also starting to realize how many toxic female narcissists there are in this world!!!

Mine is female. I agree with you and I really needed to hear your reassuring words (especially right now). TY for that! So many others in my life have commented about how much better I appear to be doing since I walked away from the "bog of eternal stench" some two years ago. It keeps getting easier to stay away . . . but there are guilt ridden moments and heartstrings that are pulled.

Thank you kinsey for answering.
Let me see if I have this right. They can feel all the emotions that we feel for themselves but not for others?
In the simple form, yes, but their brains do not even assimilate thoughts like ours do, so they may often feel someone is out to get them, or other distorted feelings. It's very complicated, but simply put, they care only about themselves & feel emotions (if you can call it that) about themselves only.

People in their lives, are no more than objects to be used & discarded as necessary.

Mine is female. I agree with you and I really needed to hear your reassuring words (especially right now). TY for that! So many others in my life have commented about how much better I appear to be doing since I walked away from the "bog of eternal stench" some two years ago. It keeps getting easier to stay away . . . but there are guilt ridden moments and heartstrings that are pulled.

Sending you a PM, since we're getting a bit OT.

Autism and some personality disorders have these features . . . highly inappropriate at times most people would be highly emotional. Not sure how to respond appropriately as they don't possess functional parts of their brain to access that higher cortical thinking. They mimick what they believe to be the appropriate response or extreme emotion is something they cannot process or recover well from . . . . so they improvise. We are describing many of the same features of an emotional distancing. Not able to understand and feel the pain(sadness,happiness, etc) of others over their own emotions. They lack empathy and are unable to imagine that someone else could feel something as much as they do. It doesn't occur to them that someone else is in pain . . . it is not in them to see the world through another person's eyes.

Not too familiar with Autism, but the difference I would say, is narcissits have a dark side to them, an evil side, which I would imagine is not part of a persons personality with Autism.

Narcissists on the other hand, are out to inflict pain & they don't care!

Relistening to Tracy Mclaughlin's police interviews I am starting to believe that ICA does have some deep mental issues. I am just saying.

You know, I am wondering if this might have something to do with ADD/ADHD. The minute I heard AF mention "impulse control", I though about this.

My daughter has some mild learning disabilities, and was believed at one time to have ADHD. (She doesn't.) The way the school professionals (psychologist, social worker, nurse) go about looking at this is by administering a questionairre to parents and teachers - asking questions such as "Does the child have difficulty standing in line for long periods of time?" or "Is the child's room/desk messy or organized?". I don't know much about ADD/ADHD, but keywords I have heard associated with it is "impulsive", "disorganized", "inattentive", and "hyperactive". I do know that ADD/ADHD can last throughout adulthood - I have seen adult patients who are medicated for this.

As far as I know, there is not a true, black and white objective diagnostic test for this condition - which, I guess, would make it easy for the DT to make a case for this.

I AM AN ADULT WITH ADD AND I HAVE YET TO KILL ANYONE !!!

My son also has ADD and some other issues and he has yet to kill any one.
My impulse control was more or less the act of throwing caution to the wind..self indulgent splurges ..not murder.

I know that many threads exist about opinion pertaining to KC's mental status, but I don't think that there is a thread about what Ann Finnell has referred to during voir dire as "brain development". Clearly, Finnell is referring to some sort of intellectual disability.

From the beginning the thing that has baffled me along with why Caylee is dead is why didn't KC graduate from high school. A normal middle class girl graduates from high school!

It's a long way to mitigation, but in the meantime, do you have opinions on KC's "brain development"?

For example: Might KC have belonged in a remedial class, but the superior Anthony's couldn't/wouldn't accept that she was "slow"?

What do you think? Discuss!

I have seen two very disturbing sides to Casey. The first one is the person we know so well and love to hate. She is manipulative, fake, takes on a superior attitude towards her family and friends, and is evil incarnate. There is nothing likable about this Casey. She has no redeeming qualities and is certainly responsible for the death of this poor baby girl.

The other side of Casey is equally disturbing. She is a child. A small, meek, kind-of likable little girl. You have to look hard for this Casey, but she is there. She comes out every once in a while, usually around JB. I will try to post a link to a video of one of her early hearings. It was in January, of 2009, I believe.

Before the hearing, the microphones are on and you can hear everything that is going on at both the defense and the state's tables. You can hear an exchange between KC and JB where they are talking about using a pen. KC says something like, "But I like this one better anyway..."

She sounds, for all the world, like a sweet little 12-year-old who is being silly with her daddy.

I think this 2nd personality is the one that JB sees, because it is the only one she has shown him. She is socially and mentally immature, and that is apparent if you watch this video, and see and hear some of the exchanges between client/attorney (daughter/daddy, young woman/older suitor).

I would almost guess, these two personalities are real and alive in KC. Although, the latter personality could be an act, it seems real to me.

Think about the puppy-dog looks KC has been giving JB lately. She almost makes me feel sorry for this little girl part of her - almost.

In any case, I think she is very disturbed and, at least a part of her is very, very young.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51D0Il8AbZQ[/ame]

Anyway, you can hear KC talking to KB about the pen somewhere between the 2:30-2:40 mark. Watch the entire exchange between them and realize this is a month and a half after Caylee was found. Very strange.

BBM. I agree that she planned on killing her parents. I think that's what some of those google searches were for ... neck breaking, household weapons, shovel, etc. Another (kind of off the wall) thing I wondered about was if Cindy and KC were planning on murdering George. Cindy was wanting to divorce George, but found out she'd have to pay him alimony, give him half the proceeds of the house sale, etc. I still think it's more likely that ICA was planning on killing George & Cindy, however.

OMG I have said that from the beginning !!

I AM AN ADULT WITH ADD AND I HAVE YET TO KILL ANYONE !!!

My son also has ADD and some other issues and he has yet to kill any one.
My impulse control was more or less the act of throwing caution to the wind..self indulgent splurges ..not murder.

Oh my gosh - that is not what I was implying!!! I was thinking out loud about the words poor impulse control. And how something like this would be hard to prove/disprove in ICA's case. Of course ADD does not lead to murder. Peace.

I just typed up an extensive explanation of the procedures in Orange County that a teacher and school has to follow with a student/family in danger of not graduating...step by step of the protocol and I went to post it and the reply was wiped out because it said that I was not logged in.

I'm too tired to retype it but I taught juniors and seniors in Orange County, FL (the same school district that KC did not graduate from) for over 17 years. You had to follow this protocol, as a teacher and school, in order to flunk a kid and keep them from graduating. I assure you that KC and her parents knew in Dec/Jan (at the latest) that she was in danger of not graduating. KC is lying and her parents are lying about not knowing.

It's another attempt by the A family to manipulate the facts and rewrite history.

Sincerely,
BeagleMom

I have not followed this case as closely as thousands of people here, but I seriously doubt that Casey Anthony suffers from any brain development deficit. She seems to be a superficial person who, in many respects, closely resembled those in her bar social circle with one glaring difference: She was a single parent held back by the presence of a child. Men who have this problem often simply walk away. Casey apparently made a studied decision to free herself from her tiny human burden.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back