Still Missing Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Discussion in 'Trials' started by KayElJay, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe @mustloveco alluded to Florence as a permanent home for PF.

2. riolove77

riolove77 Verified Attorney

I don't know what you mean by "forensically authenticated". Are you saying there should be MORE authentication done than what the law requires before it's allowed as evidence?

3. riolove77

The law does not require a trained handwriting analyst. All it requires is that someone who is familiar with the writing and has seen it before testify to its similarity. That's it. The defense knows that and thus knew it would come in. They still could have, in the presence of the jury who will decide their client's fate, cross the agent on his familiarity with the writing, how often he's seen samples of Frazee's writing before this, etc. They did not. That's telling.

4. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think the DA has already established WHO paid John Doe's bail?
    Betcha they know. And we may not be finished
    w/ some Frazee charges here.
    Ma, are ya listening????

5. ajaylee

ajaylee Well-Known Member

I agree. PF arranges to send SF a coded message saying, in effect, "It's been taken care of". If she truly didn't have any clue what was going on, her response should have been "What are you talking about? What has been taken care of?"

After all, it could have been something related to the franch or Baby K custody business and nothing to do with working with a jailmate to silence witnesses.

6. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for offering! If you're going to court house to courthouse, perhaps you could stop by the courthouse to get the paperwork on who put up the bail for John Doe?

It seems the media is hesitant to have an investigative reporter to look into such. I would assume that is public record?

I'm not really asking you to take the time to do such, but in my virtual world I wish you could.

7. Alathea

Alathea Well-Known Member

bbm. It seems they had the code in place for KB's murder, and it may go even further: that SF helped plan KB's murder, not just the prearranged code to report it.

We may never know, but it certainly looks like she was conspiring at the very least.

8. Noharg

Noharg Well-Known Member

ITA PF’s plan (if we can call it that) was so preposterous that I’m sure even John Doe had a good laugh at it.

chrysalis, MerBeach, MrsM and 15 others like this.
  9. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Yup!!!!
    "The defense knows that and thus knew it would come in. They still could have, in the presence of the jury who will decide their client's fate, cross the agent on his familiarity with the writing, how often he's seen samples of Frazee's writing before this, etc. They did not. That's telling."

You took the words right out of my husband's mouth. As posts were coming in I was reading them put loud to him. I couldn't read fast enough! Lol!!
    He was dumbfounded that the Defense choose not to cross examine Slater.

10. riolove77

A CI can be placed with an inmate to whom 5th and 6th Amendment rights have attached. The only thing they cannot do is attempt to get info from them, basically making them in lieu of an LEO. If the CI just sits there and this idiot takes it upon himself to initiate this interaction, then that's wonderful. Well not for PF.

11. Area52

Area52 Well-Known Member

As the songs says.".Mommas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys"....

10ofRods, Warwick7, zea mays and 15 others like this.
  12. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

It's starting to look like PF doesn't do anything
    without running it by Ma first. And then letting her know first when a task has been done.
    And he's 33 years old?????

13. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

I don't feel sorry for her she had the power to put a stop to this from the get go. I also don't feel sorry for MS. They made their choice to Ally themselves with the devil. He always shows up for his dues. He takes Ride or Die very seriously. They can still breath, thanks to this witness coming forward.
    MOO

14. ajaylee

With all due respect, none of us know what was said during the discussion between the judge, prosecution and defense before the judge ruled these letters admissible.

For all we know, PF did not deny he wrote the letters. If that's the case, there's no reason for the defense to challenge their own client and demand forensic analysis.

chrysalis, 10ofRods, MrsM and 25 others like this.
  15. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Well, I was referring to PF's reference to Moore's wife being a "cash cow."
    I think he was offering the potential hitman as much incentive as possible.

I think his motive had more to do with his resentment of Kelsey and his loss of control over the custody situation.

He knew if he just told her the truth about not wanting a future with her it would be harder to get custody of his child.

So instead he began scheming and planning to prove she was a bad mother while pretending all was well between them.

When he realized that was not going to work it infuriated him and he started taking steps to kill her.

Imo

16. ajaylee

No, the jury wasn't present and neither were we.

It appears that the defense challenged the admissibility, likely because the content did not favor their client.

There is zero evidence that the defense challenged the authenticity of the letters.

If there had been any question about the authenticity of the letters, I am certain the defense would have raised the issue. I don't think PF denied writing them.

10ofRods, MrsM, sassyblue and 23 others like this.
  17. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

Of course PF has every right to take the stand and clarify. Judge Sells made that very clear.

18. NoSI

NoSI Well-Known Member

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits" - Albert Einstein

19. NoSI

NoSI Well-Known Member

I totally start saving for that book now by cutting out one Starbucks per week. This is HUGE @MassGuy! Please do...

20. Alathea

Alathea Well-Known Member

Excellent, important points. The loss of control over the custody situation is a really important factor - same with Fotis Dulos!

These men view the women and children as their property (part of that entire psyche of control/ownership) and cannot bear to not have complete control over the situation including visitation, schedules, how to raise the children, money, etc.

Same situation with many of these murders, IMO!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Savmom, sassyblue, Flicka1 and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.