Still Missing Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Discussion in 'Trials' started by KayElJay, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

I'm still stuck on this: the candles that PF told KK to clean blood off of. They were in the bedroom. Is this where the first hit happened? And she staggered down the stairs, only to be subdued there, with hits #2 through #10 or #15? Has to be, right?

Vile. Just absolutely vile.

MOO

Flicka1, zea mays, Ccging and 8 others like this.

2. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Flicka1, sassyblue, Irmese and 18 others like this.
  3. Peppermint Patty

Peppermint Patty Well-Known Member

I posted about this before seeing your post. Completely forgot about the Unibomber. The World Trade Center bombing mastermind and many more.. here's a link from a quick google search.

After reading through the list, PF isn't 'high profile' enough.. He's really not that important in the grand scheme of the world.. so I digress from what I said in my own post... I would wager he will be going to a state prison and be in the maximum security area instead because he hasn't committed any Federal Laws that are a matter of National Security. IMO

14 Infamous Inmates In Colorado's Supermax Prison

MrsM, Flicka1, steeltowngirl and 8 others like this.
  4. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Which issues? That the defense would not have known about what KK knew early on?

If we had access to that information, I'm sure they would have, too.

If the defense wanted forensic evidence to support his claim, then why didn't they ask?

Maybe because they knew PF wrote the letters?

Imo

5. MajorHoople

MajorHoople Well-Known Member

I have to agree with your assessment 100%. PF is no Ted Bundy. Bundy was evil, but intelligent. PF is just evil.

6. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Yeah. This murder showed his inexperience, but that’s not the only strong evidence that this was his first murder.

This was also practical (for him). This wasn’t killing for killing’s sake, but was done with a purpose.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s possible that he could have gone on to do something like this again, especially if the conditions were right.

But I see no evidence that he’d done this before.

chrysalis, but maybe, MrsM and 24 others like this.
  7. Lhughessk

Lhughessk Bounty. The quicker picker-upper and hitlist-maker

Oh I think “horrified” works just fine. The case was bad enough for the defense already. Then you find out your client named a bunch of people who are witnesses or family members of witnesses, including an LE official, on a hit list. I’m pretty sure “horrified” in the dictionary is going to have a picture of Steigerwald beside it.

chrysalis, MrsM, katydid23 and 22 others like this.
  8. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I thought the Elk hunt was the code for "The job is done."

In other words, the witnesses have been taken care of.

Imo

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  9. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Reading between the lines of PF's messages I'm pretty sure the record will reflect the bail was paid by JD's "old lady." Whether or not she obtained the resources from RS, PF, or Santa will probably never be investigated.

I don't think anybody believes JD exited from jail with intent to do anything to violate his terms of release-- let alone criminal favors for idiot PF. JD's seasoned with how release works and I'm sure he laughed all the way out the door!

Personally -- I think SF is going to spend the rest of her life paying for PF's prison favors and/or protection. He's about the enter a new world.

MOO

10. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

I was NOT suggesting anyone planted the tooth fragments at the burn site. I can see where you'd make that leap, though, lol. Believe me, if the defense had any such concerns, we would have heard about it. The other teeth just remain an unknown, to us, and I was curious, wondering if they might belong to other murder victims.

Flicka1, zea mays, Irmese and 10 others like this.
  11. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

If PF has committed murder before, it is out in the open, throwing/pushing etc body into a gorge, mine etc.
    Otherwise, due to his stupidity, he would have left evidence +++.
    Maybe PF was referring to his past murder cases, when he stated to an ex-girlfriend, that he knows where to dispose of bodies.
    WE know he is a blabber mouth.:):)
    MOO.

12. MassGuy

Yes. And for some reason, the focus is on the source of the information, as opposed to the actual letters.

Attack the witness all you want (I would if I were the defense), but that doesn’t change the fact that he produced letters in PF’s own handwriting, containing information that wasn’t in the public domain.

The defense did the same thing with KK, attacking her but failing to land a blow on the veracity of her actual claims.

That’s merely misdirection on the part of the defense, and an attempt to draw focus away from the bombshell evidence, which apparently isn’t in dispute (they never challenged any of it).

Didn’t fool us!

TRB, chrysalis, MerBeach and 33 others like this.
  13. Crooked Chicken

Crooked Chicken Well-Known Member

You knw what this sounds like to me -- that since SF's name is not on the note, but her numbers are -- that he was to report to SF that the Elk Hunt was successful.

14. Lhughessk

BBM. The reason the defense didn’t ask is because Slater had already stipulated in direct examination that he is not a trained handwriting expert.

Gregg Slater, investigator for Colorado Bureau of Investigations testifies that he recognizes Frazee's handwriting based on other pieces of evidence collected. Although he adnits he's not a handwriting expert.

Former inmate testifies in Patrick Frazee trial

Flicka1, sassyblue, MyBelle and 9 others like this.
  15. MassGuy

I did catch that, but you’d still want to keep emphasizing that if you’re on the defense.

Just do something to cast doubt on their legitimacy.

They didn’t do that, they merely went after the source.

chrysalis, MrsM, katydid23 and 18 others like this.
  16. Lhughessk

Yes. The mod who I responded to was theorizing that the choice of words was kind of a phonetic play on words since “Elk hunt” sounds like L for LEE followed by a bad word starting with C that PF had called KKL in one of his notes. And that’s possible I guess, but I doubt it.

17. Crooked Chicken

Crooked Chicken Well-Known Member

I am kind of hoping that SF will be allowed in the courtroom when the verdict is read. Problem is -- we all know she will cause a scene.

18. Hair of the Dog

Hair of the Dog Well-Known Member

I don't think she hears very well....;)

19. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

MOO... All teeth were tested, they had to.

There was no reason to bring up teeth tested not related to KP.
    If the defense felt it important to bring SFs tooth collection into evidence, I would think they could.

Moo

TRB, Flicka1, sassyblue and 11 others like this.
  20. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

JMHO, but I don't think John Doe considered it for a second. He's in enough trouble and wants to negotiate for less time. However, he does NOT want to get a reputation for being a jailhouse snitch, because he is likely to do *some* time and doesn't want to get beaten up in the prison yard. He did the right thing, but not for the right reasons. I'd like to think he can turn his life around and start doing the right things for the right reasons, but he sounds like a career criminal. But you never know. MOO

iambarb2, TRB, QueenBofOB and 18 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.