Still Missing Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Discussion in 'Trials' started by KayElJay, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajaylee

ajaylee Well-Known Member

What's really unbelievable is that he's telling his jailmate that he's being railroaded for a murder he did not commit - and the only way to defend himself is to murder innocent people.

2. drama_farmer

drama_farmer "It's never just a mannequin"

I think that "taking care of the horses" was the actual murder, and the "elk hunt" was the destruction of the body. His use of elk/deer antlers to explain a smattering of bone-like substances in the fire pit is a big "tell" for me. IMO

3. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

Perhaps he can follow in the footsteps ofJeremy Ray Meeks?

Flicka1 likes this.
  4. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

If you watched Sam's video yesterday you heard him say the teeth from inside the house were tested and they had female DNA.

If they offered any proof in the case I'm sure they would have been used by DA May.

If they offered any proof of Patrick's innocence the defense would have introduced them.

Judges don't allow evidence to come in just because it made someone go "hmmmm".

5. MemPat

Keep an eye out and maybe you can buy them on eBay soon!

If I had to guess why anyone had a bag of teeth I'd assume someone brought them home after a trip/trips to the dentist, dropped them in the dresser drawer and forgot about them.

6. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I’m sure they tried to keep out the letters altogether on those grounds via motions in limine that were denied. But one thing is to try to keep it from even being addressed before a jury. That’s a motion in limine to exclude evidence before the other side tries to admit it.

Another is objecting based on various grounds during testimony. “Contemporaneous objections”. You don’t just do one. You do both.

Because the motion is to exclude the evidence. If it’s not granted that doesn’t mean the evidence is automatically admitted. It’s just not excluded prior to testimony. They’re two different things.

ETA: Defense attorneys don’t throw in the towel in the hopes of an appeal. They preserve the record for appeal. Those are very different.

MrsM, Alcina, BUF and 23 others like this.
  7. gitana1

There is a time limit. Probably years. I think they left her in the hall in order to leave her in the hall. Because they didn’t want her able to show support. They don’t like her, IMO.

I don’t think they had any intentions of asking her about the letters/murder spree plans. She’d rightfully clam up.

8. Nudgee

Nudgee FLY EAGLES FLY.....

Oh I so hope there was. While I doubt it will have any future play into PF's trial, if things do appear to not be legal. I have faith LE will follow up....how can they not??

On a side note, and while we are waiting for the PF case to resume on Monday.... can we all take a minute to say a prayer for the young U of GA student photographer who was on the sidelines just now during the UA/UG game and one of the players caught the ball and ran out of bounds....only to hit her square on with a full force knee coming up under her chin.... knocked her out for a good while and she is not moving extremities as of yet..... Prayers for the Berreth family and prayers for this young girl.....

9. gitana1

And that was supposed to be “gánster”. Sometimes my language is switched to Spanish and autocorrect will give me the closest. Although in this case it gave me gánster with an accent?

10. LietKynes

LietKynes "What do you despise? By this you are truly known"

It's a proven fact that Kelsey's mother Cheryl was on the hit list.
    That alone should ensure that this child is kept safe from the Frazee's and possibly in an undisclosed location ?
    Every day until she's of age or possibly beyond this little on will be in danger from the F. family.

PF's rage knows no bounds-- and if he or someone who unconditionally loves and supports him (I know, "Boke" --thanks to a previous poster :) ) is willing to do him a solid.....

I am so sorry the Berreth's are going through this despicable travesty.
    They deserve to be somewhere safe after the trial is finished and not have to look over their shoulder constantly !

Because with PF's temper and his mother's love and full support (re. possible instability ) --- kidnapping will be a very real threat and not just when baby K is growing up-- but after she's an adult as well.
    Anything to get back at the Berreth family.
    Sadly they now have enemies and although it'll be difficult for PF to do much while locked away-- he has family and friends to do his bidding.

Well some friends.
    Pretty sure Joe and his wife Wendy the cash cow aren't planning to speak to the Frazee's anytime soon ! :eek:
    Not to mention it's somewhat rude to refer to a woman as a 'cow' , even if it's in reference to the money PF wants to collect from her death.
    Imo.

11. gitana1

There could be. Depending on what evidence they have. And they should have a lot since PF was in jail and his communications were recorded.

I mean bailing the “hit man” out is a step in a conspiracy which is a crucial element of the crime.

iambarb2, QueenBofOB, MrsM and 36 others like this.
  12. gitana1

I don’t see a deal like that being made. I’ve never heard of that kind of deal.

MrsM, Flicka1, sassyblue and 17 others like this.
  13. MemPat

So much truth in your final sentence!

14. gitana1

Thank you for this. Nice to have another attorney confirm.

QueenBofOB, MrsM, MerBeach and 28 others like this.
  15. MemPat

Amazing Avatar Award!

16. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

@gitana1

Thank you for answering.

I'm always happy to see you on a thread. I learn so much from your expertise :):cool::)

MerBeach, Flicka1, sassyblue and 13 others like this.
  17. LietKynes

LietKynes "What do you despise? By this you are truly known"

We need an emoticon for "Irony"....
    Quite a lot of that in this trial.

Very interesting.
    I hadn't made that connection.

Also wonder if this was PF's first 'rodeo' ?
    Any other bodies out there rotting on the Franch ?
    And who else would know if there was ?

18. gitana1

I think he told his attorneys. They went directly to the jail when they got the news and asked him if they should attempt to challenge authenticity and what the consequences of that would be.

It was a tactical decision to file a motion in limine but otherwise not object or cross because it would go nowhere.

chrysalis, MrsM, MerBeach and 26 others like this.
  19. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

Yes! We get to see the boys during thanksgiving break! I am so excited about it! That said, my heart goes out to the Berreths who will never get another thanksgiving with their precious Kelsey :(
    I fully believe they will be receiving those benefits, and I hope her insurance will payout to that sweet baby even if they never find her body. Does anyone know if that is a possibility?

20. MemPat

Yes, show us some months-old KK-crafted paper towel letters outlining her plans to set up PF for Kelsey's murder and I'm all in!

It's so important in any case to keep an open mind and follow the evidence rather than hold on by the teeth (no pun intended) to one's own early thoughts before actual evidence was revealed.

MrsM, Flicka1, steeltowngirl and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.