Still Missing Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Discussion in 'Trials' started by KayElJay, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aydrianna523

Aydrianna523 Well-Known Member

:)

2. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

I think we've seen desperation at work with Patrick in that jail.

He seemed to think robbing and killing his rich "stepfather figure" was incentive enough to get the ball rolling with John Doe, as though Doe couldn't find someone on his own to rob?

I wish we could have seen the testimony of Mister Doe. He may one-up Patrick on the pretending-to-be-what-you're-not meter as he knew he wasn't going to kill all those people yet he got written proof of the solicitation.

He should get all his charges dropped and become a full-time Criminal Informant for LE!

3. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

If that is true, I think the defense and the prosecution would be vigorously trying to negotiate a plea deal this weekend. We'll see if that happens.

A good reason not to negotiate a plea deal would be because the defense knows there is no forensic proof PF wrote them.

JMO

SandyQLS likes this.
  4. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Not yet. It will be interesting to see if there is.

chrysalis, MrsM, Flicka1 and 18 others like this.
  5. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

My previous post presented a direct MSM link to the notes as transcribed by the press. Did you take a gander?

My guess is that those notes could be presented to someone with ZERO KNOWLEDGE of this case and in a different part of the US and that person would be able to easily figure out what was being asked and what was being promised.

Is your assumption that PF was perhaps speaking in 'jail code' which we don't understand and which the Prosecution didn't understand and the Press didn't understand and was perhaps setting up assignations with a 'jailhouse crush' to meet at midnight in the showers for a rendezvous?

What else could PF have been doing other than identifying 12 individuals who threatened his freedom in one way or another or that he simply hated?

Really curious what you believed the notes to represent.

6. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

im so glad you got my point - thank you

Flicka1, MassGuy, MemPat and 8 others like this.
  7. MyBelle

You are confusing posting bond directly and hiring a bail bondsman to post bond for him.

Teller County requires cash to be paid in person. I posted the link up-thread. If the guy's girlfriend paid it, there is no proof the money is tied to SF.

Why would SF agree to bond out any ex-con? I think she would immediately report it to PF's defense team or to her son in law enforcement.

JMO

8. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Hold it, What?

If the defense begged for a plea deal at this point, the prosecution would laugh at them before saying “hell no.”

<modsnip: personalizing>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2019
    TRB, CalmSeas, chrysalis and 52 others like this.
  9. bonjoviblonde

bonjoviblonde Well-Known Member

This is getting silly. Are we really going to debate whether getting toilet paper or paper towels wet will destroy them or anything that has been written on them?

TRB, chrysalis, MrsM and 37 others like this.
  10. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

I think you and the 12 members of the jury might have differing opinions?

See you on Monday afternoon when hopefully we will have a verdict.

That's all I can say as speaking for myself, I'm going to make certain that I won't be going on vacation and will be here to join everybody in posting our relief that he soon is headed to prison for life.

TRB, CalmSeas, chrysalis and 20 others like this.
  11. MyBelle

Agent Slater testified he is not a handwriting "expert" so what exactly was the defense supposed to question?

What is very telling to me is that there was no attempt by the prosecution to authenticate the letters either with a handwriting "expert" or with finger prints. Wouldn't it be easier for the defense to remind the jury of this lack of forensic evidence in closing?

JMO

SandyQLS likes this.
  12. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

MemPat, wait till we read the transcript from this trial.
    Bam! There is sooo much we are going to learn about.
    :0)

Leader6518, Flicka1, susiQ and 8 others like this.
  13. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I can’t wait for Monday ! If there is a plea request it would be PF begging for Life with parole rather than LWOP IMO

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2019
  14. MyBelle

There really is nothing to debate. I posted a link to support my opinion.

15. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Why would that be?

Flicka1, susiQ, gitana1 and 5 others like this.
  16. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

I'm curious if the repeated lies told by PF to his 'friends' and 'family' count for much?

PF didn't really IMO have to speak because the witnesses spoke on his behalf about so many falsehoods over a long period of time about any number of topics, but IMO most importantly about KB.

PF appeared to be such a chronic liar that he couldn't even keep all the lies straight and sometimes seemed to slant his 'stories' to the person he was with at the time.

The jury has been following along just like the folks here at WS and the mistruths and shaded truths and outright lies of PF as stated to many people which were all carefully woven into the narrative of this case IMO masterfully by the Prosecution as testimony of precisely what the character of PF is: he is someone that has a convenient grasp of the truth on the best of days and in particular as it related to KB, for whatever reason.

MOO

chrysalis, MrsM, kakadu and 23 others like this.
  17. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

PF could take the stand and deny.

18. yawningreyhound

yawningreyhound Well-Known Member

When you put it all together like that, it's even more gobsmacking. Hail Mary Passes? What WAS he thinking? PF seems short-sighted, but then he's been talking for months laying groundwork for KB's disappearance (trashing Kelsey so when she "left" no one would miss her).

The wheel that drives his brain is apparently being powered by something my nonprof mind can't understand. It's like PF doesn't hear "mass murder" when he talks like this. It's like he's moved from narcissism to malignant narcissism (guessing, just guessing), seems to be totally obliterating reality from his conscious thought in the quest for what he wants. Never taking responsibility, just planning his next move. PF confounds me. I know, EVIL, but you know....that's just a result of what's going on in his head--which is what fascinates me about these people. What shaped that guy?

19. MyBelle

Feel free to post a link that proves this link is wrong. It clearly states nothing but cash will be accepted. It also clearly states the money will be seized if failure to appear.
    Teller County Jail & Detention Center Info: Visiting, Bail, Location, Safety

Bail Bonding in Divide

In most cases, arrestees can obtain temporary freedom from the Teller County jail by posting a bail bond. In some cases, a detainee may be released on his or her own recognizance, meaning no payment is required. To determine the bond amount, call the jail at (719) 687-7770.

To pay a cash bond, you need to come into the jail and present cash at the front desk. No other forms of payment will be accepted.

MajorHoople and Flicka1 like this.
  20. LietKynes

LietKynes "What do you despise? By this you are truly known"

bolding mine
    Good question.
    Someone raised this man.
    I rest my case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.