GUILTY UK - Kemarni Watson Darby, 3, fatally beaten by mother & partner, West Bromwich, June 2018

Thanks for this thread. I have just heard about this tragic case and wonder why it's not getting attention. Also wonder why it took so long to take them to trial, little Kemarni was murdered in 2018.

What a beautiful baby Kermani was :(

Reading what they did to him is beyond unbearable; it’s the worst one yet. What is wrong with people? What is it about inadequate parents that they are drawn to monsters who will abuse and eventually kill their children, all because they can’t bear to be without a “partner”.

A mother standing trial for the murder of her three-year-old son has told the court she never harmed him and "thought he was just sick" before his death.

Kemarni Watson-Darby died from severe abdominal injuries in hospital, where he was taken following a 999 call from his mother's West Bromwich flat.

Alicia Watson, 30, told jurors she had taken her son to be checked by a nurse hours before his death on 5 June 2018.

Ms Watson and partner Nathaniel Pope, 32, both deny murder and child cruelty.

Appearing at Birmingham Crown Court on Tuesday, Ms Watson said she had found the boy unresponsive after returning home on the day of his death.

Answering questions by QC Charles Sherrard for the defence, she told the jury she had taken the boy to see a nurse earlier in the day.

"I sat him on my lap and I answered all her questions and she checked his stomach," she said.

Kemarni Watson Darby: Murder-accused mother thought son 'was just sick'

A woman accused of murdering her three-year-old son told police she came home to find him struggling to breathe before he died, her murder trial heard.

Kemarni Watson-Darby died on 5 June 2018 from severe abdominal injuries

The jury on Tuesday was told that on being shown photos of her son's injuries, Ms Watson had said: "He's got marks all over his body, but like I said he was a boisterous boy."

She said he had run into a door and fallen down the stairs and "ran around like a headless chicken".

The trial heard that Ms Watson told the police some marks on Kemarni's body had been there "for some time" and in a statement later given to officers she "categorically denied using unreasonable force" and said she only slapped him "lightly on the hands and bottom" when he misbehaved.
Kemarni Watson-Darby: On-trial mum 'blames boisterous' boy for wounds

Apologies the posts above are all out of chronological order - the trial started in December and is still ongoing.

A mum accused of murdering her three-year-old son has claimed she was so devastated by the tot’s death she cradled his lifeless body for 30 minutes after he died.

She punched a picture frame hanging on the hospital wall, which shattered and cut her wrist after Kemarni was pronounced dead.

Watson told jurors: "They let me back into the room to see him. I was holding his hand, talking to him.

"They said it was in my head but I could have swore he took a breath. [I said] "he is breathing".

"My family was not allowed to touch him, only I was. I kissed him all over his face just like I used to. "

'Suicidal' mum cradled toddler's lifeless body after he died'

Amazing isn’t it how many of these poor children “run into things” and “fall downstairs” yet no one ever seeks medical advice for them.

Convicted drug dealer 32-year-old Nathaniel Pope was found unanimously guilty by a Birmingham Crown Court jury on Tuesday after hearing evidence that Kemarni Watson Darby's body, which had 34 separate areas of external injuries, had acted as a "silent witness" to his crime.

Kemarni's mother, 30-year-old Alicia Watson, was cleared of murdering her son but found guilty of causing or allowing the child's death.

The four-month trial was told Watson and Pope - who blamed each other from the witness box - were "partners in crime" and continued to live together for several months after Kemarni's death.
Kemarni Watson Darby: Mother's partner found guilty of murdering three-year-old

Backstory - as I had missed this trial . (9th March)

Mr Badenoch said: "You have misled and deceived the court. You have weaved your story around the prosecution. You never once mentioned you thought Pope had injured Kemarni while you were on the school run until the trial. All these suggestions these horrific injuries happened while you were on the school run are fanciful."

She bit back: "These are evil suggestions. I am not lying. I never did anything to hurt my children. I have never been in trouble with social services, the school, the police, nothing."

Mr Badenoch alleged Kemarni was killed before Watson left to go on the school run on June 5, 2018, and Pope and Watson agreed to discipline the boy through regularly beatings which caused the internal bleeding from which he died.

Annoyed mother brands claims she beat three-year-old son to death as 'evil'

Yeah love,, but not long enough in my hairs..

Pope was handed a life sentence with a minimum term of 24 years with eight years for child cruelty to run concurrently.
Kemarni's mother Watson, who the judge explained had a serious mental illness and was a risk of suicide, was jailed for 11 years.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back