PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

Kevin DuBrow found dead in his home

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by FLMom, Nov 26, 2007.

1. FLMom

FLMom Former Member

2. GlitchWizard

GlitchWizard Reprobate

Not just the 80's - their new album REHAB is quite good. We got it a while ago (my metal head daughter and I) and the voice is the same we all recognize, but the sound is heavier - better. A much improved Quiet Riot. This totally bites!

3. angelmom

angelmom The love stays...forever in our hearts

Wow. I don't really follow current music trends, but this makes me sad. I remember listening to this album over and over and over...

Like part of my childhood has died.

RIP

4. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

That sucks. RIP!

5. GlitchWizard

GlitchWizard Reprobate

They had more than one album. :) I've always been told I'm an album listener instead of a top 40 listener (like it's a bad thing?) ha ha! I'm guessing the album you're thinking of is Metal Health? Right? Do I get a cookie? :)

6. Squishified

Squishified Well-Known Member

Oh, this is sad :(

I loved Quiet Riot in the 80's, too.

7. Nikki 01

Nikki 01 New Member

Metal Health is a classic. I'm going to listen to it in tribute. RIP

8. angelmom

angelmom The love stays...forever in our hearts

Well, yes, I know there was more than one album, but I was specifically remembering being about 13 and playing Cum on Feel the Noize over and over and over again...as soon as it ended I'd lift the needle (yes, the needle!) and restart it. My poor parents!

Payback is a *****. My sons both are metalheads and play their iPods at ear shattering volume.:doh:

9. MistyM

MistyM Well-Known Member

haha, i had that ALBUM too! on my cool little record player. i loved that song. and i was also 13. it was actually on the radio a few days ago (before he even died) and my son, who is 13 asked who it was and i went into a WHOLE history of my 'metal' phase as a teenager. we cranked it up on the radio. i notice they use it in a gum commercial too. he liked the rocking out version MUCH better though!

poor kevin. RIP

10. GlitchWizard

GlitchWizard Reprobate

My daughter is a metalhead and plays her cellphone/music player/cd player/car stereo etc. at ear shattering volume as well. THANKFULLY, I am a metal head too - and it's wonderful! :)

11. close_enough

close_enough Inactive

12. Jaded

Jaded Former Member

13. Peter Hamilton

Peter Hamilton New Member

--i think "pathetic" is a better word to describe his death--taking cocaine in his '50's!--didn't he know what cocaine does to the heart?? apparently he didn't learn from Richard Pryor, George Carlin, or Sam Peckinpah--what a dumbazz

14. JanetElaine

JanetElaine Well-Known Member

So how come this thread is in Up To The Minute, and he ends up dead from a cocaine overdose, while the death of rapper Pimp C was most likely of natural causes but got moved from here to Crimes In The News? *hides* :)

15. GlitchWizard

GlitchWizard Reprobate

You'd think as long as he was doing cocaine, he'd know the right "dose" by now...

Just kidding. I think it's sad. I liked his voice, well, still do. Donna and I have played Quiet Riot in the car ever since the news first broke.

16. phenolred

phenolred New Member

Wow this is the first that I had heard of this....Quiet Riot was my first Concert, I was 13 and my friend and I got to go with her Older sister, we thought we were soooo cool. lol, It was in Indianapolis at the old Market Square Arena which has been torn down, I think it was where Elivs played his last concert too.....

17. reb

reb New Member

no surprise... i was just waiting for them to say it.

18. GlitchWizard

GlitchWizard Reprobate

That is where *I* saw them too! I was about 16, though. And just in case you didn't know - you didn't just think you were soooo cool, you WERE. :)