UK - Actor Kevin Spacey accused of making sexual advances, 12 charges against 4 boys *acquitted in 2023*

I don't think he is "weird".

I find him odd (like quirky, intense, off-putting? not sure how to put it but not to imply it's anything wrong with him, just my impression and of course I've never met him) and I know he's had issues with addiction, but I've also assumed it was a reaction to what he'd gone through in his youth.

Feldman said there is "a lot of darkness" in Hollywood right now, and it will keep unraveling, the actor and musician told Lauer. What we're seeing now is just the tip of the iceberg, Feldman said, and a feature film is the best way for him to share what he witnessed and experienced as a former child actor.

"I'm not playing around," Feldman said. "It's serious stuff and I vow I will release every single name that I have any knowledge of. Period. And nobody's going to stop me this time. As long as people support this."
http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ollywood-pedophiles-1509372721-htmlstory.html

Yawn. Those have been around for years. What do those photos have to do with him making a "sexual advance" to a 14 year old?

And it's looking like more victims may speak out about Spacey. If so, I'm happy to eat my hat!

There have already been several more, but you will have to look around the net or Twitter for those since I can't share the links :)

mod note: Be sure to provide links to information from approved third party sources such as mainstream media (MSM)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

:tyou:

Sorry about that....with a lot of these abuse allegations, MSM is all about hiding the truth.

He's definitely an odd duck. See his performance on the Today Show for Go 4 It. That got a lot of backlash and comments about his oddities. I do believe that a lot of the trauma he endured during his youth has to do with it, along with his addiction. I don't say this as a judgment of him, but as a judgment of how people will see him and how they might react to any information he has on these disgusting behaviors in Hollywood.

I find him odd (like quirky, intense, off-putting? not sure how to put it but not to imply it's anything wrong with him, just my impression and of course I've never met him) and I know he's had issues with addiction, but I've also assumed it was a reaction to what he'd gone through in his youth.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ollywood-pedophiles-1509372721-htmlstory.html

Yes I can understand why you might say he is "odd". I would call it unique myself, but I get it. Of course, being "odd" or unlike the average person is probably a by product of living a life unlike that of most people. However, I don't feel it is a reason for people to not take him seriously.

I do wish that he didn't come right out and ask for money to make a film about the subject though. Not because I think he is looking to profit on this, but just because that is what people are going to say. I have no problem with him using his creative talents to get this story out there and I have no problem with him making money from it. In fact, I hope he does. He deserves it. He only made 40 grand on The Goonies and I think he had to turn it all over to his father/agent.

There have already been several more, but you will have to look around the net or Twitter for those since I can't share the links :)

Sorry about that....with a lot of these abuse allegations, MSM is all about hiding the truth.

Maybe there are some MSM executives who don't want this info mainstream.... hmmm... nah couldn't be... the major studios couldn't possibly have relationships with the major media outlets....

I agree , if he comes across as weird maybe it’s because of what he was subjected to by being abused by pedophiles. This is all too sad what is and has apparently been going on.

I'm honestly curious - How is it that EVERYONE automatically believes this Anthony Rapp fellow?

This is a worrying aspect, just because someone makes a claim does not make it true. If of course he is guilty he should be punished.

This Is Us Edits Out Kevin Spacey Reference From Tonight's Episode
Lauren Piester, EONLINE / 10:02 pm ET Tue Oct 31, 2017

This Is Us had to make a change to its Halloween episode tonight.*

In the version of the hour given to press, a 20-something Kevin's roommate comes home and tells him that he has been cast in a Kevin Spacey movie, and has been invited to a party with the cast.

According to a statement from 20th Century Fox Television, line*has been edited in light of the allegations against Spacey that came to light this weekend, and will be different when the show actually airs tonight.*

"In light of recent events, the producers have decided to remove the brief reference to Kevin Spacey," reads the statement, which was sent to everyone given access to the episode beforehand.*

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/ente...-Edits-Out-eac6?cid=featuredTV_media_thisisus

Kevin Spacey Accused of Sexual Misconduct by Second Actor
by Kalhan Rosenblatt

Another actor has come forward to accuse Kevin Spacey of sexual misconduct and speculated that the number of Spacey's accusers could be similar to that of disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein.

Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos wrote on Facebook that he encountered Spacey at the Old Vic theater in London where Spacey was serving as artistic director — a tenure that lasted from 2004 until 2015.

"There are many of us with a 'Kevin Spacey story,'" Cavazos wrote in a post that has been translated from Spanish. "It appears that all that was needed was a male under the age of 30 for Mr. Spacey to feel free to touch us. It was so common that it turned into a local joke (in very bad taste)." ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/h...ccused-sexual-misconduct-second-actor-n816336

Dear Bluesneakers,

I wonder what "threats" were given to young people in Hollywood (or elsewhere) that they never tell or perhaps their family will be hurt.

Young people are so vulnerable and impressionable. It's so difficult to read about crimes against them but I do wish more were able to tell their stories.

I would imagine that many of these actors who were sexually abused and are much older now, still have fear that their career or image will be ruined if they speak out. It's awful to think that way but I can see some people doing that - just shoving the memories away and being quiet.

It's such a sad discussion but a very important one.

We may never know the extent of all of the abuse that went on (and still does) but hopefully the survivors will realize that none of the abuse was their fault. The public totally supports them, whether they feel they can tell their stories or not.

Hopefully the public discourse on this will help them, at least to understand that they are not alone.

Also, hopefully more survivors will reach out for private therapy if they don't choose to go public with their abuse history.

I've often wondered why there is so much drug use in the "industry". Perhaps sexual abuse is the root of it?

Kevin Spacey, Dustin Hoffman, Jeremy Piven, Brett Ratner Accused of Sexual Misconduct
by Kalhan Rosenblatt

New sexual misconduct accusations have been leveled against several Hollywood A-listers as the fallout from the Harvey Weinstein scandal continues to roil the film industry.

Oscar winner Dustin Hoffman, "Entourage" star Jeremy Piven and "Rush Hour" director Brett Ratner all face new accusations of sexual misconduct.

Additionally, a second actor has come forward to accuse Kevin Spacey of sexual misconduct...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/h...ccused-sexual-misconduct-second-actor-n816336

Discussion about Dustin Hoffman: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-Dustin-Hoffman-accused-of-sexual-harassment

I've often wondered why there is so much drug use in the "industry". Perhaps sexual abuse is the root of it?

Or possibly the drug use is because they get such a "high" in front of an audience and with fans, they need artificial drugs to stimulate that feeling when not in front of a camera or adoring fans. Possible the sexual abuse then is stemmed because they are using and their senses are dulled to reality. Just another opinion on a possible affect.

I think partly, but it's also of the demands put on the people who work in the industry. And of course there are kids no one is watching who start doing drugs because it's fun and no one is there to tell them no.

I've often wondered if it's more prevalent in the entertainment business or if it just seems to be, and what the wealth of people involved has to do with it.

I think partly, but it's also of the demands put on the people who work in the industry. And of course there are kids no one is watching who start doing drugs because it's fun and no one is there to tell them no.

I've often wondered if it's more prevalent in the entertainment business or if it just seems to be, and what the wealth of people involved has to do with it.

OT on this thread as Rose McGowan is a Weinstein accuser, but she's facing a current drug charge:

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/h...rrest-warrant-alleged-drug-possession-n815921

It goes both ways.

I'm not even a Spacey fan, btw. Just interesting to see so many immediate knee jerk reactions.

If Spacey is indeed guilty, I hope he's punished and his career is ruined.

Nah. Not one thing "knee jerk" about the reactions. It's called critical thinking skills, logic and common sense.

I'm honestly curious - How is it that EVERYONE automatically believes this Anthony Rapp fellow?

For me, it was the flippant BS non-apology and coming out as deflection that damned him in my mind. Why would I not believe a victim, this isn't something people do lightly, it can ruin your life to accuse someone like Kevin Spacey of this kind of thing.

For me, it was the flippant BS non-apology and coming out as deflection that damned him in my mind. Why would I not believe a victim, this isn't something people do lightly, it can ruin your life to accuse someone like Kevin Spacey of this kind of thing.

Yes, my default is to believe victims, and Spacey's response made it clear to me Rapp was telling the truth. It would have been better to admit it and apologize, but he only made it worse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back