Kidman, Urban in Sydney for Wedding

as far as a pre-nup, i heard on one of those gossip shows that there is one...she's to pay Keith $300 thousand a year, for every year they're married, in the event of a divorce, as long as he doesn't go back to druggin & boozin.....

i don't see this lasting long..

Masterj said:
Has anyone seen the pics of Nicole floating around with a so-called baby bump? It didn't look like much of anything to me, but what do I know?!? LOL. I'll try to find the link.

there's a pic in the NE relating to the "baby bump", & it does look like she might be pregnant....i don't believe it's in the latest issue; maybe the one before??

I think they are both gorgeous people and wish them much happiness. I think that if Nicole and Keith have babies, he/she will be beautiful.

Here is hoping their's is a long and loving marriage.

close_enough said:
as far as a pre-nup, i heard on one of those gossip shows that there is one...she's to pay Keith $300 thousand a year, for every year they're married, in the event of a divorce, as long as he doesn't go back to druggin & boozin.....

i don't see this lasting long..

As final preparations begin for her wedding tomorrow in Australia, Nicole Kidman has also made sure that she's taken care of just in case things don't work out with husband-to-be Keith Urban.

The Aussie star and her beau signed a pre-nuptial agreement earlier this month in L.A. that pays Urban just over $600,000 per year for every year the couple stays together, according to this morning's Page Six and London's Daily Mail, which, given Kidman's estimated $150 million net worth, seems fairly slender. What's more, the country crooner gets no money at all if he uses drugs or drinks too much, and the couple will take joint custody of any children they have together.

http://www.tmz.com/2006/06/23/lets-get-this-party-started-top-stories-for-friday-6-23-06/

Nicole Kidman is pretty smart. Let's pray for this one; they both look so pretty and nice.

I'll bet she is excited!
The Church is so beautiful....
Good for them :)
It looks like the sun is out and the sky is blue, I hope it stays that way for the wedding...

Jules said:
The Aussie star and her beau signed a pre-nuptial agreement earlier this month in L.A. that pays Urban just over $600,000 per year for every year the couple stays together, according to this morning's Page Six and London's Daily Mail
http://www.tmz.com/2006/06/23/lets-get-this-party-started-top-stories-for-friday-6-23-06/
Why does Nicole have to pay him money while they're married? I don't get that at all.......

ETA: :doh: :doh: :doh: DOH! I read that too fast... she has to pay that to him after the divorce (if ever) for every year they're married.... ok... ignore my foolishness.

LOL I couldnt figure out why she would pay him any money in the event of a divorce. They are both successful, wealthy individuals that seem fully capable of supporting themselves.

tybee204 said:
LOL I couldnt figure out why she would pay him any money in the event of a divorce. They are both successful, wealthy individuals that seem fully capable of supporting themselves.

lol, i know what you mean....they're both filthy rich, but just in case it doesn't work out, neither one can take the other 'to the cleaners'..... :crazy:

i don't think he'll stop druggin & boozin though...not for long anyway...i don't care for Kidman, to be honest, but she was wise to have that bit about the drugs & drinking added to the pre-nup...

close_enough said:
i don't think he'll stop druggin & boozin though...not for long anyway...i don't care for Kidman, to be honest, but she was wise to have that bit about the drugs & drinking added to the pre-nup...

He's been drug-free since the late 90's. He's been quite vocal about what he went through during that time. He hasn't tried to hide anything.

As for the drinking, knowing people that tour with him, that's been long over too.

I was watching Fox tonight, and they said it was just a "rumor" about the pre-nup. But it sounds like it might be legit to me.

I hope it doesn't rain for Nic's wedding!
I don't live in Sydney but I do live in the same state and it's been raining for bloody weeks lol.....starts out sunny then ends up raining.
It's not actually raining today but it's trying to....
I guess they won't care either way, but a sunny day is always nicer than a wet, rainy one and especially on your wedding day.

close_enough said:
Nicole's "get-out clause"...

After her long search for love since splitting from Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman naturally hopes her second marriage will last for ever.

But given the murky past of fiance Keith Urban, it seemed sensible to err on the side of caution.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/articles/22948946?source=Daily Mail&ct=5

Here's a great article about Keith. It also discusses his career and past drug use.

http://tennessean.com/entertainment/music/archives/05/03/69420843.shtml?Element_ID=69420843

SNIP:

After a young life spent trying to ''make it,'' he felt himself a failure. Alcohol and drugs exacerbated Urban's depression in what he now calls his ''self-destructive time.'' He had relative youth, prodigious guitar skills and a slew of potentially marketable songs, but he was drained, dark and bitter. One dark 5 a.m., he found himself crawling around the floor in a decrepit Nashville drug house, looking for rocks of cocaine.

''The hardest thing I've dealt with was figuring out what to do after The Ranch,'' he said. ''I thought, 'I'm lost out in the ether.' ''

In late 1998, Urban checked himself into Cumberland Heights, a Nashville treatment center. It was the beginning of the process that found him re-evaluating his life and his habits.

My MIL thinks that Keith Urban is ugly! I think she needs glasses....:blushing: I think him and nicole make a good couple, I hope it works for them...

Jules you are awesome! I was just about to ask are there any pics and here you are with a link even! :blowkiss:

Really nice article. I especially loved the part about walking under a spotlight in a candlelight ceremony. I havent heard of that before.

Glow said:
Really nice article. I especially loved the part about walking under a spotlight in a candlelight ceremony. I havent heard of that before.
It sounds perfect!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back