Missing pregnant Shannon Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

Kids lose "bad mother" lawsuit.

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by IWannaKnow, Sep 1, 2011.

1. IWannaKnow

IWannaKnow New Member

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/pare...ver-bad-birthday-cards-2536188/?pg=7#comments

Kids lose "bad mother" lawsuit. Can't take mom to court over bad birthday cards.

Birthday cards without checks?!?!?!? Oh the horror!

JDG likes this.
  2. Lucid

Lucid Reality continues to ruin my life.

Are you kidding me. The judge knows these are ridiculous claims, but practically pats them on the backs and acknowledges what they're saying. Alleged actions are unpleasant and insensitive? Because she insisted on seatbelts or didn't send money with the card?? Judge makes it sound like the only reason they didn't win is because it would "open the floodgates" for others.

JDG likes this.
  3. miimaa

miimaa New Member

These 'kids' don't know how good they had it. My mother used to whip me with a leather belt, made me cook and wash dishes, hang laundry outside on a clothes line, iron, weed the garden, take care of my baby sister, vacuum and sweep the floor, dust, water plants. I wanted a cassette player for years but I never got one. I had hand-me-down coats. Wonder how far my lawsuit would get? LOL

JDG likes this.
  4. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

In this economy since I have retired, I am spending both of my daughters' inheiritance! They do still get checks in their birthday cards, though, and they are grown.

This was a ridiculous lawsuit!

JDG likes this.
  5. blue_the_puppy

blue_the_puppy Member

unbelievable! as someone who has lost a parent, they should be thankful they have a mother at all.

JDG likes this.
  6. Evan's Mom

Evan's Mom Active Member

Do we have the same parents?

JDG likes this.
  7. TrackerSam

TrackerSam New Member

Send them to their rooms. Next they'll want mom and dad to pay for their health insurance until they're 26 yrs old.

JDG likes this.
  8. JDG

JDG Websleuther

No, you are spending your own money. Go ahead, we deserve it and we only live once. :cool:

LaLaw2000 likes this.