Kittens survive 2-day shipping!

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by kahskye, Aug 1, 2005.

1. kahskye

kahskye Inactive

Felines accidently sent from South Carolina to Vermont in returned package.

VEGENNES, Va. - A worker in the returns department at Country Home Products got a surprise when he opened a brush trimmer sent back from South Carolina.
    Inside the box was the trimmer — and five kittens.

The three-week-old kittens survived the two-day trip to Vermont and are doing fine.

The South Carolina customer who returned the trimmer had stored it in a barn, and apparently sealed the box without looking inside.

The kittens were taken to a Humane Society shelter in Middlebury, where they met Hazel, a black cat whose kittens had just been weaned. Hazel is a now a surrogate mother to the kittens.

The shelter says the kittens should be available for adoption in about three weeks.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8755085/

I'm so glad the kittens are ok. I guess it's possible to just tape up the box w/o looking. I know if I was returning something, I'd double check what I was sending back one more time.

2. Loading...

3. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

Awwww poor little kittens! [​IMG]

I am so glad they are okay, imagine the horror of a box of dead kittens?? the guy would never be the same again.

4. bakerprune64

bakerprune64 Former Member

First of all, if I had a box stored in a barn...I'd be checking for snakes before I touched it! I too would check the box before taping it shut.:confused: