Knowing all you know today about this case who do you think really killed JonBenet?

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by JenniferTx, Jul 31, 2012.

?

Who do you believe killed JonBenet?

1. Patsy

168 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. John

44 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. Burke

107 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. an unknown intruder

86 vote(s)
    12.8%
  5. BR (head bash), then JR

4 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. BR (head bash); then JR & PR (strangled/coverup)

113 vote(s)
    16.8%
  7. Knowing all I know, still on the fence.

55 vote(s)
    8.2%
  8. John, with an 'inside' accomplice

11 vote(s)
    1.6%
  9. I think John and Patsy caught him and he made her cover up

17 vote(s)
    2.5%
  10. I still have no idea

57 vote(s)
    8.5%
  11. patsy and john helped cover it up

9 vote(s)
    1.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

Or perhaps John Ramsey wrote the 2012 book The Other Side of Suffering simply bc he needed the money.

2. Estelle

Estelle Well-Known Member

Yes there could have been a multitude of reasons but reinforcing his innocence and money would have been the main ones.

3. Estelle

What did Burke do?

4. ElleElle

ElleElle Well-Known Member

BBM~ I hear you, however, why did JR not just leave the body until the police left? He certainly could of disposed of it on the 27th? Didn't the police originally look at the WC door to find it locked and carry on searching the house?

Did he know the Boulder police were onto them as suspects?

5. ElleElle

I kind of think the DNA was planted there. Or the lab made a mistake, or the Ramsey's were protected by internal forces.

6. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

It was touch DNA. Skin cells that everyone sheds everyday. Its literally everywhere.

If it also matched the touch DNA found on the rope & under her fingernails.,, It would be different. But it doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

7. Chili Fries

Chili Fries Man Sleuth

I think a lab mistake is a definite possibility. I have a lot of experience in lab quality control accreditation, and the lab that did the touch DNA had inferior quality control credentials when they tested the samples.

It's interesting to note that the lab has since upgraded it's accreditation to the preferred ISO 17025 standard, but when they did JonBenet's sample they may not have been as serious about the quality of their labwork in general.

8. BOESP

BOESP Well-Known Member

It isn't publicly known whether he did or did not become a part of the events leading up to and including the actions that allowed JonBenet to be killed.

This is a suggestion, and I think a good one for everyone who wants to know more and understand this case, but there are three books I'd recommend. All are available at libraries across the world and online at Amazon (new or used).

"Death of Innocence" by John and Patsy Ramsey.

"JonBenet. Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation" by Steve Thomas with Donald A. Davis.

"Foreign Faction. Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet," by James Kolar.

The latter two are by two detectives who worked the case: Thomas on the original investigation and Kolar on a reinvestigation for the DA's office under Mary Lacy.

9. ElleElle

Thanks WS'ers for referring to the books etc., but i'm relying on your sleuthing thoughts on this one.
    This case is so confusing and it's nice to read poster's opinions on the case.
    Some of us do not know the ins/out. I watched Aphrodite Jones' segment on this, and there are still many unanswered questions.

10. redheadedgal

redheadedgal Well-Known Member

i have not watched the AJ show... but apparently it's FULL of misinformation.

see the WS forum below for corrections:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=455"]Rebuttal to Discovery I.D. Show about JonBenet - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

11. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

I think Burke is in fear of the Great John Ramsey and his power and money. Wait 'till John is no longer a threat, and then we may hear some truth from Burke as to what he knows...

12. ElleElle

Correct, opinions are formed based on personal experience. :loveyou:

13. rose222

rose222 Active Member

I suppose there is a possibility that Burke did it but I'm not even sure if it was physically possible for him to do what was done to JonBenet.

One thing I'm sure of is that whoever killed JonBenet did so out of anger/rage/jealousy. This rules out the father for me. I think he abused her which is why he agreed to cover the mess up. I just don't think he did it. Even if JonBenet cried that night and said she'd tell the world about their 'games' I don't think the first reaction would be to kill her so violently. It's more likely that the father would coax her, bribe her etc. She was a baby really.

Patsy or Burke did it out of pure jealousy/rage. I'm leaning towards Patsy.

14. Estelle

It is usually the father so what grounds do you have to think it is Patsy? Jealousy/rage, etc. Why? What would be her motives?

15. dodie20

dodie20 New Member

I hear an awful lot about mothers who kill their children and from what I've read, there are certain motives that show up over and over again. A case like this is different because only 1 child was killed, so I guess we can rule out freedom motives. If it was PR, maybe it was partly to get back at the father, mixed in with rage and jealousy. A lot has been made out of the bed wetting theory and a lot of people seem to think the theory is ridiculous. IDK...I can't imagine anybody going into a rage over actual bedwetting, but if the child gets up and goes crying and whining and all cranky to the mother every time, then I can see how it might cause some people to snap. Especially if the mother is exhausted and wants nothing but sleep. It would be kind of like those never ending infant days, when your child's cries yank you out of a deep sleep, night after night after night. There comes a point when you start operating in a fog. So, maybe the bedwetting didn't cause the rage, maybe it was the exhaustion. I noticed the R children had 2 beds in their rooms, so it looks like they tried to accommodate the wetting problem...get one wet, change your clothes, move to another bed. JB was still really young though and might not have been mature enough to tend to the bedwetting on her own. Her first response might have been to basically sleepwalk her way to her mother's room, crying for help. I still can't believe parents would put their young children on a separate floor-in such a big house with no working alarm and broken windows, with maybe the doors and windows locked, maybe not. moo.

16. DeeDee249

DeeDee249 Well-Known Member

It was absolutely physically possible for him to digitally penetrate her and bash her on the head. The parents likely did the rest. (garrote, redressing, etc). BR hit her in the face with a golf club before, which required a trip to the hospital and stitches.

17. eileenhawkeye

eileenhawkeye Well-Known Member

I have access to this database of old articles, and I found one from a magazine called "Financial World" (oldest financial magazine in the US before it closed) about Lockheed Martin in this case. I can't provide a link to it, nor can I copy and paste the entire thing, so I thought I would just quote some interesting lines:

"Talk on Wall Street and in industry circles is that Lockheed, embarrassed by the whole affair, is anxious to ditch Access Graphics."

"Street sources say they hear from contacts within and close to Lockheed that top management considers the entire affair disruptive and feels that the sooner Access Graphics is gone, the better."

"One well-plugged-in computer industry official sees a sale of the company within the next three months, even if it must be done at a fire-sale price."

The article is from April 1997. It makes you wonder what sort of "impact" Lockheed had on this case. If they were embarrassed by the media speculating the Ramseys did it (enough to sell a $1 billion company), imagine if the case went to trial?

18. Wildflower73

Wildflower73 New Member

re:eileenhawkeye.
    What an interesting post. Does anyone here know what eventually happened to Access Graphics? It would be interesting to know who else profited from this tragedy.

just MOO

19. redheadedgal

redheadedgal Well-Known Member

i found this in the daily camera archives... from the same month even lol

http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/1997/04/24-1.html

AG was sold later that same year: http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/nov1997/nf71105c.htm

boulder daily camera ramsey archives:
    http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/headlines/
    http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/index_old.html
    http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/

20. otg

otg Well-Known Member

Interesting... Of course, LM would deny any rumors about this before it was a done deal. But it does make one wonder about anything else they might have tried to do behind the scenes to minimize the whole thing or even keep it "under wraps".

(BTW, too bad you don't have some way of posting the whole article, but thank you for the snippets.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.