Knowing what she knows now, do you think CA would still have called LE?

Knowing what she knows now, do you think CA would still have called LE?

• Yes

Votes: 38 12.1%
  • No

Votes: 256 81.8%
  • Don't know

Votes: 19 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We all live in denial to some extent, the A family just do it better, or worse, depending on how you look at it.
I think CA knew on the deepest level...that Caylee was dead before July 15th..KC refusing to bring her home, no sight or sound of the baby for a solid month..she must have wondered why she couldn't hear Caylee in the background.. not even once! in all the times that month that they had talked by phone. No baby clothes taken from the house, just KC's things..

all in all.. I am sure she 'knew' in some part of her mind. And I think her natural impulse.. default setting if you will.. is to be a decent ordinary grandma.. and that is the part of her that made the panicked 911 call.

It was only later that she pulled her blinkers on and set out to salvage what she could.. decided to try to save KC, since it was too late to do anything to save Caylee. She knows very well that KC was responsible, all of them know that much, they have known almost from the time KC left home. They just will not allow themselves to know it.

Before I condemn her too far though, I consider how many times we all choose to accept some version of events that we know very well is not true. How many times do we turn a blind eye to (for example) an alcholic family members problem? Or to a teenager doing drugs or to a wandering spouse? Even when we dropped the denial, we carried on on with the same game plan. The A's are guilty of the same nonsense we all are guilty of, only to a higher (and ridiculous) level.
Having done the same thing, although of course not over anything nearly as serious, I just can't do much stone throwing though.

IMO, I think CA made that call before she actually put much thought into it. I think it was just instinct. I don't think she would have called 911 had she had time to think it over. JMHO

IMO, I think CA made that call before she actually put much thought into it. I think it was just instinct. I don't think she would have called 911 had she had time to think it over. JMHO

I agree. At the time she made the call, she believed someone else took the child. Once she realized Casey was responsible, she quickly went into cover up mode.

MOO.

I agree. At the time she made the call, she believed someone else took the child. Once she realized Casey was responsible, she quickly went into cover up mode.

MOO.

That's right. Her actions cleaning out the car and washing KC's clothes would leave me to believe she probably regretted calling LE. If she hadn't called 911 that night, we may have never heard about a "missing Caylee".

I think that she'd rethink it and work out all of the ZFG details with Monster Mom first if she could do it over again.

I also think that she should have called LE or CPS a long, long time ago. Not to mention, duh, like my trunk has had a dead body in it....duh!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad

No, no, no...in my mind, this is not even a gray area. CA has done everything possible to derail LE, and, IMO, she would do ANYTHING at this point to save Casey. I got the impression, from watching her in court the other day, that this judicial process is going to be VERY hard on her. Not only because her daughter is in the defendant's seat, but because she is not in control. For the first time she has to sit there and watch other people decide on the guilt or innocence and the punishment of her daughter.

I do not think LE would have been notified if the car was not found. The reason she called was Cindy feared that she herself would get in trouble, since she and George were the registered owners.

That's right. Her actions cleaning out the car and washing KC's clothes would leave me to believe she probably regretted calling LE. If she hadn't called 911 that night, we may have never heard about a "missing Caylee".

I agree so much with you!!!

When Cindy called LE she didn't have a clue Caylee was dead. (IMO)

She just thought Casey was punishing her. Casey dangled the "coming home with Caylee" carrot over Cindy's head for 31 days. But, once Cindy had Casey in her clutches, Cindy was going to use LE to get Caylee back.

It backfired. If Cindy knew then what she knows now, I think Cindy would have left Casey with Tony.

I think losing Caylee has intensified the Anthony's need to preserve the family they have left. Cindy said she couldn't stand losing "both of them".

If they could undo the 911 call and leave Casey with Tony, I think the family would do it. Then everyone could pretend Casey was eloping with Jeff and that Caylee was off with Zach and Zani.

JMO

I do not think LE would have been notified if the car was not found. The reason she called was Cindy feared that she herself would get in trouble, since she and George were the registered owners.

The Anthony's could have driven the car home and said nothing.

End of story.

Nobody cared about the car. Nobody except the Anthony family missed Caylee.

Another week in the woods and stray dogs, feral cats, foxes, raccoons crows and possums would have further scattered Caylee's bones. More algae and mold would have covered them. They would have soon have been impossible to distinguish from leaves and dirt. I consider RK's find a miracle.

Except for Cindy's 911 call, Casey would have been a successful murderess.

IMO

I voted no. They would have swept the entire thing under a rug and told the family Casey adopted Caylee out behind their backs. Or perhaps even tell the family that Caylee passed away from an illness and they had a private ceremony, etc. etc. If we were lucky, a family member years later, maybe Rick or Shirley, would have asked questions and finally go to LE.

This is how cases like Adam Herrman and Aarone Thompson happen. And they happen more than we'd like to think they do.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77464&highlight=adam+herrman

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32210&highlight=Aarone+Thompson

I voted "No" because it was the closest answer to the one that I wanted to chose which would have been.... "HAAAYYYELLLL NO!" (with a Boston accent)

CA has a very good idea of what happened that fateful night in June and her little monster's roll in it. And yet, she continues to support her. I still don't get it; there would be zero love for me from my fam if I were mixed up in a fiasco like this, and I would deserve nothing less.

No way she makes that call.

When I read your post, what immediately came to mind was Casey's phone call home (from jail) the evening of July 16th after she had been arrested. In that call, Casey says to Cindy, "Mom! You don't know what my involvement is?" Cindy's response was, "But sweetheart, you're not telling the police what they need to know." Casey replies, "Mom! No!" and Cindy tells her not to waste her call on arguing. Casey ends the conversation with Cindy by telling her to put Lee on.

I've always thought that conversation indicates that Cindy knew more and Casey was being sarcastic with her.

Jolynna, Have to disagree a little here.<<.You're saying she could have easily just driven car home and forgot about it.>>

Not a good ending of story for Cindy to forget about the car that was once towed. She could not have driven home with that car w/o being panic stricken about what the manager knows or didn't know.

I would think Cindy would be scared about the car because the man at the tow yard was with George when he opened the trunk. Who is to say that man would not have reported the smell later? And that is why Cindy mentioned the vehicle. She cleaned it up and took things out but later returned to LE what she thought may have been seen in the car. She was avoiding trouble just in case items were accounted for while in the tow yard....Betcha she disposed of things she never gave LE..

Cindy called LE as a power struggle with kc. If she didn't panic and have severe anxiety, she would not have called...because she clearly regrets making the call. My problem with her is, "Why didn't she report the car stolen the first two days Caylee was missing? She mentioned none of Caylee's clothes were missing. another fact, according to records, Cindy did not even return kc's calls...they actually didn't start talking much till after June 30th. kc did all the initiating of calls in the first two weeks. The public needs to question "why didn't a personality such as Cindy's go after her daughter at the very beginning.?' Why did she wait a month? She would have waited longer if the tow yard didn't give notice....that is a given! Could it be that cindy had knowledge that Caylee was dead from the first day on the 16th of June but was pretending it didn't happen? Cindy and kc know the answer to that one. IMO Cindy has lied about the entire evening of the 15th. Did she tell GA anything when he got home? We will never know.

No, no, no...in my mind, this is not even a gray area. CA has done everything possible to derail LE, and, IMO, she would do ANYTHING at this point to save Casey. I got the impression, from watching her in court the other day, that this judicial process is going to be VERY hard on her. Not only because her daughter is in the defendant's seat, but because she is not in control. For the first time she has to sit there and watch other people decide on the guilt or innocence and the punishment of her daughter.

I totally agree. I got the same impression from her appearance.

I also voted no. There's not a snowballs chance that she would have still called LE that fateful night. IMO, the whole family would have covered up the murder of Caylee and Casey would have gone on to have another child. :mad:

I think bottom line Cindy's biggest regret is picking up the phone that night. If she hadn't no one would have even known of Caylee's short lived existence on Earth.

CA said in one interview that she was just trying to get some help with Casey and she thought calling the police would be that help. I think she just wanted to scare Casey into tell her where Caylee was. But, knowing what they know now, I do not believe CA would have called LE and I would even go so far as to say the family might have put their heads together to conspire to keep Caylee's death a secret. The reason I say this is because 1) Lee states in his depo that when his sister told him about the Jay Blanchard park incident he did not report it to the police and when he told him mom he said she acted like she already knew and 2) if CA did send her PI guy to the remains site, she did not let LE know the possibility of the remains being there so they could search. I just wonder if the PI did find the remains, how was that going to be reported to the police or was PI going to come back in the middle of the night and move them himself? Non of that makes sense either.

I totally agree with you. This is also one reason why I never bought the "cover up" theory prior to the 911 calls.

I have wondered if Casey asking Cindy for "one more day" before she called LE is in that "day" Casey had thought of ways to hold Cindy off from calling LE--not to involve LE was Casey's wish.
I do think Cindy blames herself now for Casey's, likely, life sentence--however, if she allows herself to think of the utter innocense of Caylee she should feel that she did the right thing in Caylee's honor..

However, not to be contradicting but I bet my right arm she's wishing Casey gets out of this --- a mistrial, hung jury or something...

I have thought about this long and hard and quite often. I trully believe that in the beginning Cindy thought Casey was keeping Caylee from her as punishment for something. I think Cindy thought Casey was being a vindictive Bitc*. I think Caylee actually being dead was the furthest thing from Cindy's mind and if she would have known how deeply her daughter was disturbed and the lengths at which Casey would go to....she would have never made that first 911 call. I feel this family would have UNITED together to form some kind of accidental death theory to present to their other family members and also to the world about Caylee. The Anthony's would have continued to do what they have always done with Casey and that is ENABLE ENABLE ENABLE.

All I can say is Justice will be bittersweet for little Caylee, her life was taken from her and her mother will be convicted for life instead of rotting in hell where she belongs.

I agree that in the beginning, Cindy thought that Casey was deliberately withholding Caylee from Cindy as a means of punishment. It may all stem from the fight between Cindy and Casey on June 14th. Those first two calls to 911 were a means of leverage on Cindy's part to try to push Casey into producing Caylee.

I think Cindy continued to believe that Casey was withholding Caylee until George and Cindy learned of Casey's arrest on July 16th, and that LE had shown Casey's story to be a lie, along with many other lies exposed by LE.

I was wondering what others thought about this. Personally, I don't think Cindy would have ever called LE under those circumstances, but not sure if I believe George would have gone along with it forever.
I know this is asking for pure speculation, a guessing game of sorts, but I'm anxiously awaiting a new doc dump.
Mods, please remove this if it's inappropriate.

I think it's haunted her since Casey was arrested the first time, or even before that. The call was a panic moment. Where is Caylee? She's not telling me, so the police will make her tell me.

Then again, she already washed the stuff she found in the car and she had to know something sinister had taken place, and Caylee was still missing......

Maybe she would still make that call today knowing what she knows now, but again, maybe she wouldn't. I think she's kicking herself for doing it, wishing she would have just let it slide, and when anyone inquired about Caylee's whereabouts, she could have said, "She went to live with her father". Case closed.

But how could they live with the knowledge that Caylee was dead at the hands of their daughter? I supposed they could have believed Casey's story about the babysitter taking her, or the real father took her with Casey's permission, or something like that........But eventually, someone would have found Caylee's remains anyway, considering they were simply dumped not far from the home and not far from the roadway where children walk to school and play in the woods. Then, what would they have told the authorities when asked why they never bothered to report Caylee missing?

A rock and a hard place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back