Deceased male female in critical.

Little known about third victim

Apparently he grabbed one of the cops guns

Happened at a courthouse - deputies were transporting an inmate to court

It happened in a gated parking lot before entering the courthouse

Suspect also taken to hospital

2 Kansas sheriff's deputies, suspect shot near courthouse

Last edited:
One of two Wyandotte County sheriff’s deputies shot during inmate transport dies

KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A Wyandotte County sheriff’s deputy died on Friday after a shooting that happened while a suspect was being moved from court back to the jail. The suspect was also struck in the shooting. The other deputy is in critical condition.

The deputies haven’t been identified yet, but we know a male deputy died and a female deputy is in critical condition. The Kansas City, Kansas Police Department is now investigating.

1 Kansas deputy fatally shot, 1 wounded while transporting inmates

My best friend’s husband is a Wyandotte County Deputy... I was scared when I saw the news. Thankfully her husband is safe, but they know the officers and families. It’s a sad day here.
As a family member of an officer shot/critically wounded in the line of duty, these always get me in the heart. Please pass along my condolences to your friend in the loss of his colleague.

My best friend’s husband is a Wyandotte County Deputy... I was scared when I saw the news. Thankfully her husband is safe, but they know the officers and families. It’s a sad day here.

Glad he is safe. A very dangerous job and I thank him for his service.

My son is a police officer and was involved in a high speed chase that made the news last night. Luckily he only hurt his hand. The suspect was drinking and driving, had automatic weapons (yes plural) in the car and he was shooting at my son's police car and his backup. My son was a sergeant police officer in New Mexico and was struck in the lower part of his vest 3 years ago and they killed the suspect (drug bust) (my icon are his medals for that shooting). Then my son moves back home to Michigan this past Jan 2018. Told him he must have the soul of a cat and now has 7 lives but don't push it. ON CAMERA: Allen Park man rams police car during chase

Last edited:
Glad your friends husband is safe. I am in Leavenworth County. Wyandotte County has had too many officers killed in the last couple of years. It is horrible.

RIP Officer Rohrer

One of two Wyandotte County sheriff’s deputies shot during inmate transport dies

KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A Wyandotte County sheriff’s deputy died Friday after a shooting that happened while a suspect was being moved from court back to the jail.

Officials say Deputy Patrick Rohrer died of his injuries from the shooting. Rohrer was 35 years old and had served 7 years with the Wyandotte County Sheriff’s Office.

deputy-killed.jpg

Deputy Patrick Rohrer

The other deputy is in critical condition, but officials have not released that deputy’s name yet.

The suspect, who multiple sources say is Antoine Fielder, was also struck in the shooting. Fielder was tried twice for the murder of 22-year-old Kelsey Ewonus. Both trials ended in hung juries.

Kansas City Star

Tragedy strikes KCK law enforcement again: two sheriff's deputies slain in shooting

Law enforcement is in mourning again in Kansas City, Kan., after two Wyandotte County Sheriff's deputies were slain from a shooting as they transported an inmate Friday morning.

Patrick Rohrer, 35, died from his injuries after he was taken to the University of Kansas Hospital soon after police were called to a shooting incident at the Wyandotte County Correctional and Court Services building in downtown Kansas City, Kan. He had seven years of service in law enforcement.

Theresa King, 44, had been listed in critical condition at the same hospital for much of Friday after she was shot. But shortly after midnight, she also died from her injuries, the Kansas City, Kan., Police Department announced overnight. King had 13 years of service.
--
much more at the link

My friend (best friend’s hubby) was one of the first on the scene. He is an absolute wreck. I wish there were something I could do to help him, but I know I can’t do anything except be there for him. Please take a moment for everyone affected by this.

My friend (best friend’s hubby) was one of the first on the scene. He is an absolute wreck. I wish there were something I could do to help him, but I know I can’t do anything except be there for him. Please take a moment for everyone affected by this.
Prayers for everyone involved. Sorry about your friends husband.

OMG, this makes me so angry! My heart breaks for the deputies families. I also have a disabled husband from an in the line of duty shooting. It really makes you bitter with the court system...every time an officer is shot it takes me back to how I felt that night.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back