KS - Adolfo & Deborah Gomez for child endangerment, Lawrence, 2012

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Reader, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Reader

Reader New Member

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?rip_id=<D9VCU9GO0@news.ap.org>&ps=931

LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — Police say two children from suburban Chicago who were found bound and blindfolded outside a Kansas Walmart are in temporary protective custody.

Lawrence police spokesman Trent McKinley says the presumed parents of the children have been arrested on suspicion of child abuse and endangerment and will appear in court Thursday.

More at link.....

2. Loading...

3. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Prosecutors charge Illinois parents after children were found bound, blindfolded (Lawrence Journal-World)
    much more at the link

4. longtallcold

longtallcold What happened to Nancy Jenkins?

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=157&sid=20832707&title=blindfolded-bound-children-found-at-kan-walmart

5. longtallcold

longtallcold What happened to Nancy Jenkins?

6. thefragile7393

thefragile7393 Chronically sleep deprived

There us no way these people shoukd have gotten these kids back from CPS especially with failure to comply. How terribly sad

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

7. Seek&Find

Seek&Find Former Member

link

Dad had 3 DUIs, theft convictions, evictions...

So glad their vehicle suddenly developed problems, and the shopper who reported it, just happened to go into a little used portion of the parking lot. Sounds like God intervened to me. Kudos to the woman for calling police. So thankful the kids are safe now.

Moo

8. MayraMM

MayraMM New Member

At first I was thinking that the teens had tied up the younger kids as a joke, but obviously that wasn't the case. I wonder why they left them outside the van. Have these children "run away" before, perhaps looking for help? How sad.

9. tlcya

tlcya Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162-57453421/blindfolded-bound-children-found-at-kan-walmart/

Responding to a call from a concerned shopper Wednesday, police visited the store and spotted a 5-year-old boy sitting on the ground beside a large SUV with his hands tied behind his back, his legs bound and a blindfold covering his eyes. As an officer approached the car, he noticed a man standing near the vehicle.

"When (the man) saw the officer, he tried to get away from him," Lawrence police spokesman Sgt. Trent McKinley said. The man ducked inside the vehicle and the officer, concerned that the man could be reaching for a weapon, used a stun gun and put him in handcuffs, McKinley said.

So very sad. Sounds like this set of parents has a pretty long history of bad parenting and attention from agencies. Too bad the children were still in their care. sigh. I am shocked by the coldness of it. To bind and blinfold your kid and just leave him on the ground there beside your car while you shop? Most people abuse their kids in secret but this was pretty bold.

10. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

:eek:

it gets stranger folks!!!!

alrighty then
    :eek:

11. MayraMM

MayraMM New Member

Hope they weren't at Wally World buying the Koolaid!

12. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

I've lived in Lawrence a couple times. We don't hanker to crazed city folk abusing their children in our WalMart lots. .

13. Lovejac

Lovejac These boys are my heartstrings!

WOW! I am so glad the witness saw them and called 911. That vehicle was parked in a weird place.

Those two have such a bad history. Guess it was time for them to move away from CPS eyes to a different state.

14. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

15. Seek&Find

Seek&Find Former Member

From the link:

Regarding the end of the world stuff, wonder if they'd indoctrinated the older one's, and that's why the wouldn't leave the vehicle initially.

16. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Now the hard part is going to be the process of getting these children into a loving, permanent family home. These so-called parents are going to fight it and drag it on so long, and it will delay the much needed help these kids NEED.

They are still young, but are probably very damaged emotionally. If that is how they are treated IN PUBLIC, hard to imagine how they were treated in private at home.

They need some basic unconditional love and affection and attention and counseling and
    I really hope the courts have the courage to cut off parental rights IMMEDIATELY, so these kids can start a new healthier life.

17. Angelonline

Angelonline Registered User

18. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

American newspapers have to report the news - send out reporters or crews, then edit and publish copy or video. Daily Mail gathers what's been done already and posts it all on their site.

19. Seek&Find

Seek&Find Former Member

link

Mom requested supervised visitation with the kids.

20. Seek&Find

Seek&Find Former Member

21. Seek&Find

Seek&Find Former Member

link