Found Deceased KS - Ashley Meiss, 30, Ogden, 17 May 2018

We have not seen one quote in the media from her husband so we don't have much insight into him with respect to what is going on.

And I didn't mention this in my previous reply to this post but if you go back through Ashley's older FB (last post March 22nd of this year) you can see the posts from last September about a future visit to her family (I assume in Fort Wayne) for Christmas time. The photos with her kids and her husband fishing/at a lake last October and generally no hint that something is going on or where everything was headed.

It’s possible he was advised not to speak to the media.

It’s possible he was advised not to speak to the media.
Absolutely. And I wouldn't want anyone to read any implications to my observation. So far the coverage of Ashley's case has involved quoting from family that are quite away from Kansas (Indiana and North Carolina) and not anything out of local friends, co-workers, etc. Perhaps we might see some of that in the future. I think such perspectives would be much more helpful as they would have been around Ashley in the days, weeks, and months prior. Right now we only have one frame of reference in terms of insight into this case. For a case that reached national media exposure I expected we might get a little more.

Absolutely. And I wouldn't want anyone to read any implications to my observation. So far the coverage of Ashley's case has involved quoting from family that are quite away from Kansas (Indiana and North Carolina) and not anything out of local friends, co-workers, etc. Perhaps we might see some of that in the future. I think such perspectives would be much more helpful as they would have been around Ashley in the days, weeks, and months prior. Right now we only have one frame of reference in terms of insight into this case. For a case that reached national media exposure I expected we might get a little more.
You're doing a great job contributing! It's unsettling when a case goes quiet. Would love to keep this thread moving and for Ashley to get the support she deserves.

You're doing a great job contributing! It's unsettling when a case goes quiet. Would love to keep this thread moving and for Ashley to get the support she deserves.
That's the thing. I'm not sure she was getting the help she needed and that is not meant to be a knock on anyone. The prescription Xanax worries me only because it seems to work more as a bandaid than anything long-term. Also, if she skipped a day here and there on her meds, that too could put her in a tailspin.

I had a nephew staying with me about 20 years ago and he was on meds. I wasn't on it like I should have been. The therapist warned me that he had been washing down my bathroom walls. Uh, ok. But....not with water but with rubbing alcohol!!!! Holy Moley, I made sure he never missed a day after that. Poor kid. Sometimes you just never know what's really going on.

I'm seriously wondering if she had another PTSD episode that caused her to leave. I don't know if she had meds or anyone to help her but the longer this goes on, the more I think the PTSD was not under control like it should have been.

Maybe she checked herself into another hospital and is getting treatment? That would be the best outcome, IMO

Unless my math is in error Ashley's husband is 13 years older than her. It is not known when her husband returned from his last deployment. I was under the impression that in the Dateline story it was said that in July of 2017 Ashley returned to Kansas to re-unite with her husband so it seems likely he was already back - but we don't know this with absolute certainty.

I don't know whether the Sept 2017 police blotter incident is made up or not. I will say the incidents that Ashley's father spoke about Ashley having - thinking there was a bomb in the car in Topeka and the incident in February where she thought she heard sirens and gunshots - could lend itself to explaining the Sept 2017 call. We don't know. As I opined I found it odd that the incident described what would otherwise be domestic violence and in the blotter they named the victim rather than the perpetrator (saying only that the perpetrator is known to the victim). When you compare it to the February 2018 incident the blotter names the perpetrator but not the victim which is how I ever see such things written. It is also not rare that false claims of domestic violence are made in contentious relationships. So for me I don't know what to make of the Sept 2017 incident.

I think your math is right, he is 43 and Ashley is 30. So 43 makes sense for a military retirement. I wonder if he was planning to leave Kansas for good now that he's retired. Not that it matters but it could have been just one more stressor in Ashley's life.

I think your math is right, he is 43 and Ashley is 30. So 43 makes sense for a military retirement. I wonder if he was planning to leave Kansas for good now that he's retired. Not that it matters but it could have been just one more stressor in Ashley's life.
It is always possible. Though I hadn't seen any indication of that. I had checked if their house was on the market and I didn't find a listing. I also checked for recent sales and I didn't find anything. Tax records for Riley County show the property in both names and the taxes paid last on 4/23/18. It appears that they purchased the home in November of 2013 so they have been there for at least 4 years.

It is always possible. Though I hadn't seen any indication of that. I had checked if their house was on the market and I didn't find a listing. I also checked for recent sales and I didn't find anything. Tax records for Riley County show the property in both names and the taxes paid last on 4/23/18. It appears that they purchased the home in November of 2013 so they have been there for at least 4 years.

Thanks you are a much better sleuther than I am! I would have no idea how to look any of those records up. It only occurred to me because I know quite a few people who have moved away after retiring from the military, I love it here but living in the middle of Kansas isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I'm believing it only because T Lewis liked your post.
I wonder why the Blonde looks like an identical twin of AM, except glasses and hairstyle/color and the other one only has more bushy eyebrows/diff. hair color?

I have to be okay with it. :confused:

Well, you are pointing out yourself they don’t look alike- glasses, a different hairstyle, different hair color and different eyebrows.

Plus, that person lives in a different state and has a different job history.

We have been looking at the incidents previously linked. September 18, 2017 and February 26th, 2018 but there is another one that occurred on March 23rd, 2018:

ASHLEY ELIZABETH MEISS, 30, Manhattan, VIO PROTECTION ORDER; RESTRAINING ORDER; Bond $1000

Did Ashley live in Manhatten or is it the case that people in Ogden have Manhatten listed as their city on their driver's licenses and such due to zip codes?

We have been looking at the incidents previously linked. September 18, 2017 and February 26th, 2018 but there is another one that occurred on March 23rd, 2018:

Did Ashley live in Manhatten or is it the case that people in Ogden have Manhatten listed as their city on their driver's licenses and such due to zip codes?

Ogden has a Post Office. Ogden residents go to Manhattan to get their driver's license because that is were Riley County license branch is located.

No it should have Ogden listed on her drivers license. However I wonder if she was staying with someone in Manhattan at the time of that arrest?
That is what I wonder since both the February and March incidents both say Manhatten for her. I keep getting the sense that there is something being left out of what was going on.

That is what I wonder since both the February and March incidents both say Manhatten for her. I keep getting the sense that there is something being left out of what was going on.

Here is the problem with the littleapplepost.com, a MSM site. They only post what the editor feels is news worthily. The problem with the RCPD blotter is that it is posted daily, a link to a PDF. If the date is change in the url, the page comes back as not found. So, we have to go off of information that may be edited.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back