PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Age 44 when missing, Current Age 46
White / Caucasian
5'6" tall, 160 - 200 lbs
Dark brown hair, blue eyes
Surgical scars both shoulders
Unknown tattoo right shoulder blade

CIRCUMSTANCES:
Last seen August 13, 2017. Dennis was camping with his girlfriend. They had an argument and he left in his van. The van was found almost two weeks later, abandoned, approximately five miles from where they were camping. The van was in a field on Arizona Rd, close to the Neosho County and Allen County line on the Allen County side.

Dennis Ray Lushbough Jr. – The Charley Project
He had a plate surgically implanted in his back.

Last edited:
DEC 29, 2018
NC private investigator reflects on 2018 missing person cases
According to the North Carolina Department of Public Safety, more than 10,000 people are reported to the N.C. Center for Missing Persons each year.

Saturday, CBS 17 sat down with David Marshburn, the private investigator who believes he and his partner this week found the remains of Andrew Browne, who's been missing since 2014.

[...]

For Marshburn, the founder of Search for Me Foundation, finding loved ones is a labor of love.

"You have to do this because you love to do it, and you want to help," he said.

In 2018, Marshburn said he helped solve four missing person cases.

Those included missing Kansas five-year-old, Lucas Hernandez, and most recently, what he believes are the remains of Browne.

[...]

Marshburn said he's looking into 13 missing person cases going into 2019, some even outside of North Carolina.

Those include cases for Karen Rae Bosta, Roger Chambers, James Chambers, Joe Clyde Daniels, Angela Hudson, Dennis Lushbough Jr. and Cole Thomas.

[...]

"I want to double," he said. "I want to get to the point where we're doing 100 a year. If we do 100 a year, and then, we can train other people."

Dennis is still missing. The family has a FB page Help Us Bring Dennis Jay Lushbough Home:

Help Us Bring Dennis Jay Lushbough Home

Dennis' FB page, which has posts from 7 months ago, but those posts are other people posting to his page:

https://www.facebook.com/dennis.lushbough "Dennis R Lushbough"

I wondered why the family's FB page for finding Dennis called him Dennis Jay, when the NAMUS site and The Charley Project both had Dennis' middle name as "Ray". Even Dennis' personal FB page is titled with "R" as his middle initial! But after reading Dennis' personal FB page, I found out that his nickname was "Jay."

I really think they should search the Neosho River, or towns along the river. However, it is a long span and will take a very long time. That's if there's even a possibility that he's in there. I grew up and currently live in Iola, so this case hits home... I'm still baffled how there's still absolutely no sign of him.

Arizona Road is where Dennis’ van was found abandoned. It’s possible these could be his remains they just found.

March 20, 2023

ALLEN COUNTY, Kan. - A man searching for antler sheds discovers human skeletal remains in Allen County. The man found what he believed were human remains in the area east of Humboldt, near Arizona Road and 1800th Street, Saturday evening around 5:50 pm. He called 911.

Arizona Road is where Dennis’ van was found abandoned. It’s possible these could be his remains they just found.

March 20, 2023

ALLEN COUNTY, Kan. - A man searching for antler sheds discovers human skeletal remains in Allen County. The man found what he believed were human remains in the area east of Humboldt, near Arizona Road and 1800th Street, Saturday evening around 5:50 pm. He called 911.

Oh wow, it does sound like this could be Dennis. I am wondering if they found a surgical plate like the one he had implanted in his back. I guess we will have to wait and see. MOO

Noting:

"The person has not yet been identified. Positive identification may take longer than typical cases due to the condition of the remains," states the KBI.

MAR 20, 2023
Authorities have not released the person's identity, but the discovery's location is within a mile of where a van belonging to Iolan Dennis Jay Lushbough Jr. was found after he disappeared in August 2017.

ALLEN COUNTY, Kan. (KOAM) - An anthropologist identifies human remains found over the summer as those of a missing Iola man.

On Thursday, October 26, 2023, Sheriff Bryan Murphy confirmed to KOAM the identity of the remains are that of missing man Dennis Lushbough.
Lushbough was last seen in Allen County on August 13, 2017. He was 44-years-old when he went missing. Sheriff Murphy has notified his family. He tells KOAM the cause of death is unknown, but from what they found they don't suspect foul play.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back