GUILTY KS - Harold 'Hal' Sasko, 52, murdered in his Lawrence home, 14 Jan 2014

I'm pleased she was found, but what a puzzle! I hope the presser gives us some answers.

First degree murder charge for Ms. McLinn.

They believe she is the only person responsible for his death.

LE does not know the nature of their relationship. They just know that they lived together.

She was found in a federal park camping and is being charged federally with trespassing. She is currently in federal custody.

Sasko was "subdued." Evidence in the house is what leads them to believe she acted alone.

LE does not believe he was conscious at the time of his death.

Terrible. I'm sure there's a lot we don't know, but I can't help but wonder what the motive was.

Sasko was "subdued." Evidence in the house is what leads them to believe she acted alone.

Post 48 said the polar opposite. So what changed in the evidence to make them say something so different? If this woman told them some things, they should say that, not say the evidence shows it.
However, I give them credit for a speedy find!

Post 48 said the polar opposite. So what changed in the evidence to make them say something so different? If this woman told them some things, they should say that, not say the evidence shows it.

I guess it's similar to LE publicly saying they don't have a person of interest or a suspect, when in fact they DO have a clear understanding about who the perpetrator was. To calm that person, in this case maybe to encourage her to contact authorities with some story. I think it's just the statements that changed, not the evidence.

I guess it's similar to LE publicly saying they don't have a person of interest or a suspect, when in fact they DO have a clear understanding about who the perpetrator was. To calm that person, in this case maybe to encourage her to contact authorities with some story. I think it's just the statements that changed, not the evidence.

I guess so, and I guess it's none of my business since she was found. But I have seen them say they have no POI when they did. There was a local murder this weekend and the news online had so many people saying this was wonderful man. His wife and child were asleep and heard a gun shot and found him inside the house with the door open. Now LE says they are waiting on autopsy but he had several gun shot wounds. LE says there's no danger to the community. I always think it's somebody close to the victim, because to me all murders would be a threat. IDK

Interesting comment on page 2 starting with "i worked with mclinn":

http://cjonline.com/news/2014-01-27/lawrence-police-topeka-native-acted-alone-death-lawrence-man?page=1

i'm venturing (a guess, yeah) that her addiction issues were the driving factor behind motive.

considering mclinn is a topeka native and this paper only seems to loosely moderate comments, this seems to be the most relevant and active discussion (save for the personal bickering between long-time posters) for people who may have known the suspect.

I'm positive that's her. She is friends with a female Sasko who looks to be about her age (19 or so).

Amanda is Hal's daughter. She has a picture of him as her cover page when she was about 3 years old. I don't recognize him from his recent pictures, but I recognize him from the picture with his daugther. In the early 90s, he lived in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area in Texas. I did not really know him, but I had mutual friends and I recognize him from parties and clubs. His ex-wife and daughter still live in the DFW area.

Sarah Brooke Gonzales McLinn was in Bishop, Texas — a small town near the Gulf of Mexico about 100 miles from the Mexican border — the same day she failed to appear for dinner with family in Topeka, according to law enforcement there.

Lt. Robert Morales, of the Bishop, Texas, Police Department, told the Journal-World that police there were contacted by investigators from Lawrence after the 19-year-old Lawrence woman borrowed a phone from a gas station clerk and called "back home to somebody who alerted the department there."

~~

McLinn borrowed a phone from clerks at both gas stations, Morales said, and one of the two gas stations captured her on video, the contents of which Morales said Bishop police sent to Lawrence, where police here confirmed it to be McLinn.

~~

Linda Friar, an Everglades National Park spokeswoman, said that "weapons were found" in addition to an undisclosed controlled substance when McLinn was found after 10:30 p.m. on Saturday.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/jan/29/sarah-mclinn-was-small-texas-town-jan-15-officers-/

This girl covered alot of ground in a short period of time. So near the Mexico border, a good possibility is her involvement in drug trafficking. She was careful not to use her phone, but not smart enough to realize that incoming calls could be determined

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back