KS KS - Jennifer Judd, 20, Baxter Springs, 11 May 1992

Jennifer Judd was found by her husband and his friend Chuck. She was repeatedly stabbed & hey neck was swollen. The KBI was extremely pressured by the just for Jennifer group to arrest Chuck, to the point that they knew if they arrested anyone else that group would go ballistic die to their writing campaign to the Kansas Attorney General and the KBI. What I find suspicious is that too this day Mark Garrett gets on all these cold cases websites and discourages anyone from trying to find her killer saying they, he knows who did it. Especially when they're was no email or reason to even look at Chuck other than he found her body. And of course he was nervous at her funeral he had spent 16 hrs being questioned by the cops, had seen the bloody murdered body of a close friend and the cops said they was going to get him for it. I don't understand why to this day Mark Garrett is trying to discourage ppl from looking into who could have murdered her. I find this highly suspicious

Jennifer Judd was found by her husband and his friend Chuck. She was repeatedly stabbed & hey neck was swollen. The KBI was extremely pressured by the just for Jennifer group to arrest Chuck, to the point that they knew if they arrested anyone else that group would go ballistic die to their writing campaign to the Kansas Attorney General and the KBI. What I find suspicious is that too this day Mark Garrett gets on all these cold cases websites and discourages anyone from trying to find her killer saying they, he knows who did it. Especially when they're was no email or reason to even look at Chuck other than he found her body. And of course he was nervous at her funeral he had spent 16 hrs being questioned by the cops, had seen the bloody murdered body of a close friend and the cops said they was going to get him for it. I don't understand why to this day Mark Garrett is trying to discourage ppl from looking into who could have murdered her. I find this highly suspicious[/QUOTE]

As for your theory about Jennifer's killer having police knowledge. This wasn't the days of CSI types of shows. I doubt the person who did this took the time to think about DNA or even finger prints. The killing was such over kill that there has to be touch DNA left from the killer, like skin cells ect. But the problem is, that at the time of the murder DNA testing was in it's begining stages. So I doubt the crime scene was protected by the police or the KBI. I wouldn't be suprised if they had collected stuff it was compromised. As for your comment about the house being cleaned after the murder. I remember hearing from a cousin that someone made the grandmother clean the house shortly after the murder. I am sure that's how the house appears to be cleaned. I am not trying to be mean or anything but the police department wasn't the best and I am quite sure that no one had the knowledge about DNA and how to handle a crime scene to cover up such a vicious murder.[/QUOTE]

Cindy Patterson,

Here you are again Cindy, trying to promote lies and make vague insinuations that I somehow should be looked at as suspicious. Give me a break!

You know for a fact your brother "Charles Craig Chance" A/K/A "Chuck Chance" was driving his wife's car on May 11, 1992. The day of the homicide! The actual car in question was a Geo Storm (See Car Pic). That car was observed on Jennifer’s street (Park Avenue) by at least three people on the morning hours of May 11, 1992. I have and law enforcement have copies of signed sworn and corroborated statements of individuals who observed the White GEO Storm on the morning of Jennifer's murder. In fact, when the police talked with the neighbor (Eddy Carroll-2 houses down) after arriving at the murder scene, they asked Eddy Carroll, if he had seen any vehicles suspicious vehicles going down the dead end street today? He answered: YES The witness pointed towards the house and pointed and described the car your brother was driving that day. I think you forgot to tell websleuths about that fact. Your own brother admitted to police that he had went by the house on the morning of May 11, 1992.

Attachments

• White_Car2_a.jpg
    White_Car2_a.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 22
I am a little late here but I hadn't seen this thread yet.
I am from Picher and remember when this happen. I am friends with Jennifer's cousins and so I have heard that the family does't think that Jermey Jones was involved, however that was what I heard about 4 or 5 years ago. But he did live next door, and did go on to kill many others.
Someone mention the family friend, well the friend of Justin's. I know the day of the funeral he was acting really more upset than most. I witnessed this myself, I also know that it was mentioned even then that the friend might have had something to do with it. I am in no way saying he did or didn't. Even being a high school student I thought he was behaving over the top.
I know the rumors was all about the husband. I have heard that he was cleared and other times I have heard it wouldn't be so hard to forge his time card, but I do think that he had many witnesses putting him at work. (a weird fact, a year or so later the husband started dating the owner's daughter of the duplex him and Jennifer lived in at the time of her murder)
The KBI weren't the best of investigators either, even though it was in the early days of DNA. I am not too sure if they found anything that might be checked now. I do know the Bryans have been very vocal in the way the KBI either hasn't recheck the evidence or if it was tainted at the crime scene.
A day after her murder the grandmother was made to scrub the blood from the crime scene, I am not saying the KBI failed this investigation but I am not saying that they were the best of investigators.
I have always heard the rumor that either Jennifer knew of a drug ring or seen something she shouldn't and that was the reason she was killed. But Baxter is a small town, so other people would have to have known about the same thing too. I know her murder was overkill and she had complain how someone scared her at her job, so much she asked people to stay with her. I do know someone was also pounding on the door and she was scared. I think her murder was personal and such overkill. I had heard that people who had signs up "justice for jennifer" in their yards would randomly have them taken down, ran over or broken in some way. I remember all that this family has went through and cannot even begin to tell you how much they just want justice.

I would like to clear the possible view that the grandmother was made to clean up the crime scene. She wasn't made, she didn't want her daughter, Jennifer's mother to see the blood. Jennifer's mother was impacted so severely over this that she still has problems today. I'm sure a mother and grandmother would certainly understand.

Also, there was two serial killers, Jeremy Jones who was her neighbor at that time. I was contacted by Joann Zywicki, Tammy Zywicki mother by mail, she gave me her phone number and asked me to call her. We spoke a few times because the FBI wanted to look into a possible connection between these two murders but the KBI told them there was no need because they had their man. The FBI told her they couldn't step on another agencies toes but wouldn't discourage her from checking into it. Jennifer for the profile, body type of that serial killer and Tammy was stabbed 7 times in the chest in a circular pattern around her heart and one of her shoe strings had odd knots in it, they think possibly used as some type of choke hold on her neck. This is on her website, Who killed Tammy Zywicki. Baxter springs, KS was home to Yellow Transit that was in the process of closing down at this time. And Jennifer lived one block from Hey 66 across from a bar on the other side of that highway when not only did truckers hang out but would park their trucks and sleep it off all night. Hope all this is helpful.

Cindy,

Jeremy Jones was not her neighbor at the time. Where in hades did you get that information? I talked with the owner of the duplex that Jennifer was murdered in. The other side of the duplex was empty. Allen Ma**n and Eddy Carol lived on the only two other houses on that part of the street besides the old couple who lived in the house at the very dead end. I even talked with them. Did you? Mrs. Zywicki and Jennifer's mother did converse quite frequently. Jennifer's mother did give Mrs. Zywicki a possible person of interest in her daughters case. No, and that person wasn't Chuck Chance! The person that killed Tammy Zywicki was most likely a truck driver. In regards to Jennifer's case, no semi tractor trailer was seen at or on 219 Park Avenue on May 11, 1992. Your brothers car was seen there several times.

Jeremy Jones, Just so you can rest assured Cindy, the family does look at all suspects including Jeremy Jones. In May of 2017 myself and my daughter who is also a State Licensed Investigator, flew to Mobile Alabama at the request of the Mobile County Sheriff's department to review the confessions of Jeremy Jones in relation to the Jennifer Judd homicide. Jones did confess to Jennifer's murder. At the same time, he also confessed to several other murders in this area. One of those murders was the Freeman & Bible disappearance and murder case. We all know that was a lie. Other person(s) were charged a few weeks ago. Get your facts straight Cindy. In fact, if it wasn't for this family your brother would have been arrested years ago. We think others were also involved. The problem is your brother will not come clean about his car. He has already dug himself a hole. He said he didn't loan the white car to anyone else that day and he only went by Jennifer's house once. That's a lie!

Attachments

• White_Car2_a.jpg
    White_Car2_a.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 6
There's another theory that's floated around in this area for years that I haven't seen on here. Okay, when the police searched Jennifer's house afterwards there was very little evidence to be found. There reportedly was a hair on our in her bed that may have the killer's. But DNA, finger prints. .. Little or none of. And at a later time it was said that the family had the house checked for places where blood had been cleaned up possibly right after her murder and there was a place on the kitchen wall that had been cleaned. All of these things indicate that her murderer had police type knowledge in order not to leave any evidence of himself and how to clean an area on the wall where she may have pushed him against in the struggle. But of course any police wouldn't want to follow that type of lead.

More misinformation by Member Cindy Patterson

Attachments

• Char;es Craig Chance Affidavit & Search Warrant (Person).pdf
    636.4 KB · Views: 57
  • May 11, 1992 Crime Scene Search Warrant.pdf
    96.4 KB · Views: 45
It's sad. The reason her parents refused to consider Jeremy Jones is because they found it so insulting that he said she was having an affair with him. And I'm sure she didn't, but that's typical delusional or fantasy talk of serial killers. And the police didn't even look at him at the time even though he exhibited psychopathic symptoms in school and was kicked out of school because of it. He was well known to authority figures back then as bad news, and living close to her at the time of her murder, there's definitely a good chance it was him.

Cindy,

You are absolutely clueless. You stated that the police didn't even look to him at the time. I know, I went there myself with my daughter and viewed the tapes. The KBI flew to Alabama and interviewed Jeremy Jones. You are really starving for facts aren't you?

There's another theory that's floated around in this area for years that I haven't seen on here. Okay, when the police searched Jennifer's house afterwards there was very little evidence to be found. There reportedly was a hair on our in her bed that may have the killer's. But DNA, finger prints. .. Little or none of. And at a later time it was said that the family had the house checked for places where blood had been cleaned up possibly right after her murder and there was a place on the kitchen wall that had been cleaned. All of these things indicate that her murderer had police type knowledge in order not to leave any evidence of himself and how to clean an area on the wall where she may have pushed him against in the struggle. But of course any police wouldn't want to follow that type of lead.

Cindy,

You're finally right about something in Jennifer's case! That hair you mentioned, is exactly what the KBI was able to use for a probable cause affidavit to get a search warrant for one particular person to provide hair, blood, fingerprints etc. That specific person was your brother, Charles Craig Chance (See Attached)

Attachments

• Char;es Craig Chance Affidavit & Search Warrant (Person).pdf
    636.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I would like to clear the possible view that the grandmother was made to clean up the crime scene. She wasn't made, she didn't want her daughter, Jennifer's mother to see the blood. Jennifer's mother was impacted so severely over this that she still has problems today. I'm sure a mother and grandmother would certainly understand.
Yes, but the point I was trying to make was in reference of if there was valuable DNA, finger prints, ect. of the crime scene that was allowed to be destroyed. Regardless of who did clean it or who was or wasn't made to clean the crime scene, is not relevant, don't you think? Who allows family members access to a crime scene when blood is still visible. Even back in the early 90's.

Cindy,

You're finally right about something in Jennifer's case! That hair you mentioned, is exactly what the KBI was able to use for a probable cause affidavit to get a search warrant for one particular person to provide hair, blood, fingerprints etc. That specific person was your brother, Charles Craig Chance (See Attached)

So since you are comfortable with naming names of people who might be considered the POI, what exactly were the results of the search warrant? Fingerprints can be explained away if the POI (I won't say his name, because until he's formally called a suspect from LE, in my opinion, it's slander) has been in the house at any point in time. But hair and blood matches cannot be easily so explained away.
What were the results of the search warrants? I am assuming since the grand jury didn't proceed with an arrest warrant then the results couldn't be a match?

I remember reading something about the POI mentioning a strange lady/girl who was at the adjourning duplex asking him when he was getting in his car, if that was were the Judd's lived and the POI said, no. If I am not mistaken this had happened the day of or the day before. I am not 100 percent on this, I cannot say if I read this in the POI offical's statement in the case files or if I just read it some place else. Was this a part of his statement, or just a random story. I have a hard time believing that someone from the area wouldn't know who a girl was in the very small town in Baxter. And if that was my friend who was murdered and some random stranger was looking for her, I would be screaming about this girl every time I got.

Yes they took DNA, hair, questioned Chuck 16 hours the first time they questioned him; they had the grand jury hearing in Columbus Kansas, supenaed many people about the many rumors going around, they also searched two homes Chuck had been to that day. After all this extensive look into him they cleared him, said there was nothing that connected him to her murder. Anyone can say... but, or, and... All they want. But the truth is Chuck was extensively looked into and nothing was found. He has talked to the police many times willingly. There's nothing there.

Mark Garrett Here we go again...
If your interviewed him like you say then why don't you know where he went that day? You thought he had been at my house. Again wrong. You don't know what he was driving. Or what places he told the police so they could do follow up and search, collect items... You're still asking me questions about things that the police have full knowledge of and have investigated. So I'm assuming there's a good reason the police are keeping you out of the loop on all this. And since I know the hatred you've always had for Chuck since High School, that with knowing the police won't give you this information, why in the world would I answer your questions! And let's say it was someone close to her. The fact that she thought she was being followed, seen someone outside her work by a car..,. I mean in this small town areas everybody knows everybody. She didn't even give a description of this person to her mom, family. Why would that be? Possibly because it was someone that the family loved and it would have caused a big riff, fight in the family. She was a sweet girl and wouldn't have wanted that. Hell, Mark for all I know you could be her killer and that's why you've always interfered with the police investigation. I'm not saying you are, don't get me wrong. And for you to think I would not be afraid of you is unbelievable. Especially with the hatred you've shown all my family! And the straight up lies you've been telling saying you interviewed Chuck! Which I know for a fact is a lie. Also why did you post that one page of Jennifer's autopsy report on Tammy Zywicki's website and then after attacking me there and I pointed out all your inconsistencies you deleted it and your comments? Was it doctored? Also you say here Joann Zywicki spoke to Jennifer's mother. Which is no secret on there that I have, she's acknowledge it .But you definitely didn't say she spoke to Jennifer's mother's on her site. Because it's not true and they would have immediately known you're a lier .And your bragging on that site about how the KBI won't have anything to do with Jennifer's case because of you is awful. And you don't even know that!

Also, Mark Garrett regarding Tammy Zywicki's site the point made and you didn't respond to
Mark Garrett I don't see the Jennifer's biopsy on here anymore. It's well known that the knife broke off in her breast bone and there was no wounds there. Was that "doctored" up for your purposes also? Is that why you deleted it. Afraid the wrong people will see it.
And that's the problem with taking just anyones word about something instead of dealing with the real authorities.
This is why all these years I never said anything about Joann contacting me. Because I knew you would cause trouble and heartache for Tammy's loved ones with your lies. But I'm done backing down. Everyone who livesin this area is done with your hatefulness. This is why there isn't a police department in this 4 state area that will even hire you. Because of your hothead aggressive reputation

Yes they took DNA, hair, questioned Chuck 16 hours the first time they questioned him; they had the grand jury hearing in Columbus Kansas, supenaed many people about the many rumors going around, they also searched two homes Chuck had been to that day. After all this extensive look into him they cleared him, said there was nothing that connected him to her murder. Anyone can say... but, or, and... All they want. But the truth is Chuck was extensively looked into and nothing was found. He has talked to the police many times willingly. There's nothing there.

Since Mark Garrett saw fit to post Jennifer's autopsy report on other websites I thought I would go ahead and share it here. It's always been said that the knife broke and the tip of the knife was logged in her sternum. But maybe that's not true since there's no wound there.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1527768876521.jpg
    FB_IMG_1527768876521.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 37
Cindy,

Jeremy Jones was not her neighbor at the time. Where in hades did you get that information? I talked with the owner of the duplex that Jennifer was murdered in. The other side of the duplex was empty. Allen Ma**n and Eddy Carol lived on the only two other houses on that part of the street besides the old couple who lived in the house at the very dead end. I even talked with them. Did you? Mrs. Zywicki and Jennifer's mother did converse quite frequently. Jennifer's mother did give Mrs. Zywicki a possible person of interest in her daughters case. No, and that person wasn't Chuck Chance! The person that killed Tammy Zywicki was most likely a truck driver. In regards to Jennifer's case, no semi tractor trailer was seen at or on 219 Park Avenue on May 11, 1992. Your brothers car was seen there several times.

Jeremy Jones, Just so you can rest assured Cindy, the family does look at all suspects including Jeremy Jones. In May of 2017 myself and my daughter who is also a State Licensed Investigator, flew to Mobile Alabama at the request of the Mobile County Sheriff's department to review the confessions of Jeremy Jones in relation to the Jennifer Judd homicide. Jones did confess to Jennifer's murder. At the same time, he also confessed to several other murders in this area. One of those murders was the Freeman & Bible disappearance and murder case. We all know that was a lie. Other person(s) were charged a few weeks ago. Get your facts straight Cindy. In fact, if it wasn't for this family your brother would have been arrested years ago. We think others were also involved. The problem is your brother will not come clean about his car. He has already dug himself a hole. He said he didn't loan the white car to anyone else that day and he only went by Jennifer's house once. That's a lie!

Mark I read that he was her neighbor on this site. It's on page 1 in the post of MissWorld12308 who says they are a friend of her family since childhood. They did not say he was a next door neighbor. Neighbors imply like on the same street.. within a block...

Cindy,

Mark You very well know they are looking at other people, not just semi truck drivers that may have killed Tammy Zywicki. I've attached a pic where you posted on Tammy's site about this. I'm sure you didn't mean to be misleading about this .

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1527900814113.jpg
    FB_IMG_1527900814113.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 16

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads