Found Deceased KS - Kaylah Blackmon, 18, Michael Beasley, 17, Wichita, 2 Feb 2021 *ARREST*

doublestop

Reaction score
Wichita police are asking for the public's help in locating an 18-year-old female after another teen was found dead outside an abandoned church on Monday.

Police are searching for Kaylah Blackmon and her gray 2005 Ford Escape with Kansas plate 566NPK. Officer Charley Davidson said investigators believe she may be in danger.

More at link:

WPD: Missing girlfriend may be in danger after boyfriend found dead

Wichita Police: Teen may be in danger after body found outside abandoned church Monday

Police said officers responded to a shooting call around 9:30 a.m. in the 1009 block of N. Ash. A passerby saw the man on the ground on the northside of the church. When the person approached the man to see if he needed help, he discovered the man was unresponsive and called 911. Officers arrived and determined the man was dead. He has been identified as 17-year-old Michael Beasley.

Related to the case, police are looking for 18-year-old Kaylah Blackmon and her grey 2005 Ford Escape with license plate 566 NPK. Police believe she may be in danger.

The investigation is ongoing. Anyone who knows Blackmon’s whereabouts or her Ford Escape is asked to call 911 or Crimestoppers at 267-2111.

upload_2021-2-2_19-8-47.jpeg

https://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article248944469.html

The department “believes that she may possibly be in danger,” Davidson said.

Police are asking for the public’s help finding 18-year-old Kaylah Blackmon of Wichita and her gray, 2005 Ford Escape, license plate 566NPK. The SUV has a “C” sticker on the top left of the rear window. The “C” is enclosed in a circle that has an opening at the top and bottom.

Kaylah Blackmon
*Baby shown is her sister, not hers.

The deceased is Michael Beasley who apparently also goes by Naba Emon on Facebook. Here is his "normal"profile Michael Beasley

Kaylah and Michael are friends and she and Naba's "family man" profile are friends Facebook but she is not friends with Naba's other profile. That one linked upthread has a lot of gang connections. If she was with Michael at the time he was shot I don't have a lot of high hope she is alive.

Odd thing is how he posted a selfie on the 3rd but was found dead on the morning of the 2nd? https://www.facebook.com/michael.beasley.94402/posts/102843567954915?__cft__[0]=AZV4weXWUYaWDeY-Ffa_Mc6WvfyflodQjG5tuEUkspkDDyeWSgQYMBfPxuATqWQ3tLaQYYdm1Z_71zUpClJkW9VX_h4RuJzqU8qddpM_Bio6u3_cFcWUWYMdCi4p9xScCXf_bTw48QeF5Bqi6hIADbys&__tn__=,O,P-R

What in the world? I haven’t really delved in yet but my first thoughts were, are they just saying she’s feared to be in danger so that she isn’t scared to come forward. Usually partners are the first to be looked at. But as someone mentioned upthread, gang affiliation might make more sense and I’d agree, sadly, a positive ending doesn’t seem as likely.

The comments beneath her 9 Sep 2020 updated profile video give me the impression that there might be a jealous, abusive ex involved in this situation. Whatever the case, I hope she is safely located soon. :(

Wichita Police: Teen may be in danger after body found outside abandoned church Monday

Related to the case, police are looking for 18-year-old Kaylah Blackmon and her grey 2005 Ford Escape with license plate 566 NPK.

Was Kaylah at the scene when her boyfriend was murdered?
Did the 911 caller tell LE they saw her or info involving her?
Was LE wanting to interview her since her boyfriend was the victim and then discovered she was missing?

why do ppl reply "pub" to all her pix and she replies "check now"
My guess is the post was originally private and they were asking her to set it to public so they could share it.
That's from Feb 3 of last year. 2020.
Thanks TravelingBug! I noticed that shortly after. 2020 really did feel like the year that never ends but alas, it finally has!

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - Feb. 2, 2021 - Wichita police have identified the body that was found near an abandoned church Monday.

Police said officers responded to a shooting call around 9:30 a.m. in the 1009 block of N. Ash. A passerby saw a body on the ground on the northside of the church. When the person approached them to see if he needed help, they discovered the teen was unresponsive and called 911. Officers arrived and determined the teen was dead. He has been identified as 17-year-old Michael Beasley.

Google Maps

Here's a google map of the street where Michael was found dead, allegedly shot dead at 9:30 a.m. I can see the abandoned church so it happened just north of it in the grassy area.

Is anyone else in her circle of acquaintances missing? Did anyone happen to take a last minute trip out-of-town? Kaylah didn't just run off alone, did she? :confused:

Kaylah's story made People Mag. Good to see she's getting MSM attention.

Police Say Missing Kansas Teen May Be in Danger After Boyfriend, 17, Is Found Slain

Although the caller reported a shooting, according to police, Davidson was mum about the circumstances of the death, saying it was too early in the investigation to share details.

Investigators should release more details about Michael and Kaylah's activities immediately before he was found shot to death. I realize they can't release all known facts in an investigation, but they could give the public some idea of what happened in order to generate tips. Were they together? If so, where had they been and where were they going? Who were they in contact with the hours before his murder and discovery? Where was Kaylah when she and her vehicle disappeared? There are many other questions but the point is there should be more info than 'we found him deceased at an abandoned church and she and her car are missing. help us find her!'. MOO

There are no updates at either link. Both have comments.

Wichita Police Department
2 Feb 2021
Regarding a criminal homicide investigation in the 1000 block of North Ash, WPD is requesting help locating 18-year-old Kaylah Blackmon of Wichita and her grey 2005 Ford Escape with Kansas license plate 566NPK. WPD believes she may be in danger.
If anyone knows the whereabouts of Blackmon, the Ford Escape, or see them, they need to call 911 immediately.

KAKE-TV
203c.png
PLEASE SHARE
203c.png
Wichita police need your help to find 18-year-old Kaylah Blackmon, who could be in danger after her 17-year-old boyfriend was found dead outside an abandoned church on Monday. If you see her or her gray 2005 Ford Escape, call 911 immediately.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back