KS KS - Lori Heimer 57, murdered in her Saline County home, 25 Jun 2016

I will tell you straight up, I was told by a law enforcement source to my face that Brown was cleared, which is why I posted that to begin with.
If you look at the posts again, I was referring to Mr. Heimer.

Considering the time of the day (summer, in the afternoon) and the quiet location and the type of crime, it doesn't fit the concept of an ordinary random murder. The mood of this community is shifting. What's bad is good, what's good is bad. The landscape has "changed dramatically" ladies and gentlemen.

MOD NOTE

A note about posting on Websleuths forums:

If a member is missing some posts, the member should check their alerts at the top right hand corner of the webpage to see a communication from a moderator that informs the poster why a particular post was removed.

New members should thoroughly familiarize themselves with the Websleuths Terms of Service to insure that you are posting within the rules of this forum. See link to the RULES below. Posting responsibly within the TOS allows the discussion to flow without interruption. However, posts WILL CONTINUE to be removed when they violate TOS. Repeatedly violating TOS after one has been warned will result in temporary time outs (thread bans).

The Rules

@CornKnifeinKansas this should answer your question.

Could it have been a competitor in the dog breeding business? I can imagine she was able to charge quite a high price for the smaller, more sought after breeds of dogs. since she was so well known and liked, maybe that was to her advantage and she was able to sell puppy's quickly, cutting someone else's sales out of the picture. I'm sure I'm not the first to suggest this, but just brainstorming to keep the posts coming.

Could it have been a competitor in the dog breeding business? I can imagine she was able to charge quite a high price for the smaller, more sought after breeds of dogs. since she was so well known and liked, maybe that was to her advantage and she was able to sell puppy's quickly, cutting someone else's sales out of the picture. I'm sure I'm not the first to suggest this, but just brainstorming to keep the posts coming.
Anything to keep a thread going when there's nothing much news-wise is important, and that's fine brainstorming on your part, bluenoser :) Bump for Lori!

I’m sorry to say but I feel this case is going to stay cold. Maybe they do have a suspect but not enough on him or her to get a conviction. So they’ll hold out on an arrest until they get what they need to get that conviction. I know there has to be a suspect, Loose lips sink ships. Many posts in the past have done just that. Now you read nothing the post have come to a halt I feel that was for a reason.

I’m sorry to say but I feel this case is going to stay cold. Maybe they do have a suspect but not enough on him or her to get a conviction. So they’ll hold out on an arrest until they get what they need to get that conviction. I know there has to be a suspect, Loose lips sink ships. Many posts in the past have done just that. Now you read nothing the post have come to a halt I feel that was for a reason.

Yes, things got quiet quickly. Why were there people stirring the pot? Was it likely a group of trolls? Probably.

The Friends of Lori Heimer FB page switched to private at about the same time. Were the same trolls stirring trouble there as well? And if so, why?

I'm still hoping for the day someone(s) will be arrested for her murder.

Yes, things got quiet quickly. Why were there people stirring the pot? Was it likely a group of trolls? Probably.

The Friends of Lori Heimer FB page switched to private at about the same time. Were the same trolls stirring trouble there as well? And if so, why?

I'm still hoping for the day someone(s) will be arrested for her murder.

I am, too. I live just a few miles away from the Heimer farm and I don't think the Salina Sheriff's Office did a good job. For example, many of us reported seeing a man dressed all in black who was up and down 81 Highway in the three days before her murder -- but no one bothered to take a description from any of us. Then, the Sheriff's Dept. said they would not work with a TV show about her murder.

@ 155-- Two cars being parked in front of a house, should be a sign that more then one person could be home, to a stranger. That is even more reason for me to think this was not a stranger that they knew those cars were always there even if Lori was home alone. I didn't know there was two cars at her home at the time of the killing. Thanks for pointing that out, that is info I was not aware of.
I'm getting to this thread very late, but what I was told was that there's no conclusive link between the vehicle descriptions and her home. I was told the descriptions came from the little town of Assaria, which is just a couple of miles to the north. Someone saw those vehicles in town and had never seen them before. But, no real link to the Heimer farm.

But if the PD has a number, and even though it may be a burner phone, can't they identify the phone and where it was bought? And a tower dump would be helpful as well. Where else was the # used and what time. What other #'s were called on that phone?

Where is the Cracker Barrel located?

Maybe it was someone she just met (like a Cracker Barrel ) and made an oral agreement to meet them at her home at a certain time to have them stop by to look at the pups? It may well have been a crime of opportunity turned horribly wrong.

I can't help but think these perp's have their DNA already on a central database.

All of the above takes time to process.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

The nearest Cracker Barrel to Lori's would be about an hour's drive to the south, but typically when a breeder is going to "show" someone a dog, the person comes to their home. We don't know if anyone other than the killer ever showed up at Lori's home that afternoon. No one has come forward at any rate. I, too, think phone logs would show -- and I'm sure the family and KBI had access to her Facebook and email accounts, so they could see if she was chatting online with anyone. Yet, they've never said. Nor, have they ever said if a puppy or puppies were ever taken. I don't think any were missing but I don't know for sure.

It surely could not of been the husband working in the field. If it had been him and surely he would of known his wife had a person coming to see the dogs. If he had seen a shady man in a truck with dog grates, he surely would of called his wife and say, is their a truck trying to find our house. Me I would of called my daughter and said, I am coming home there a guy driving around with dog crates , he looks kinda shady, just better come home in case its your buyer.So I don't think it could of been the husband, so wondering who it was that seen those two trucks.

I don't think he had line-of-vision sight of their home the whole time he was harvesting, but others, reportedly, were with him that afternoon.

But that's just what you've heard from other sources. If it's not from the KBI or sheriff, how reliable is it? I respect your opinion but since we're not privy to the murder weapons or how she was killed, it's hard to speculate.

Why would they tape the entire front of the house out to the far sides. Do they think the perp (s) drove around back? I do recall reading that her dogs were not kept in the house.

I also think it interesting that she was discovered by a family member at 8pm. I suspect they work in the fields until dark? So maybe that makes more sense than I'm thinking.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Yes, during the wheat harvest, they often work around the clock -- they have lights on their combines -- and they hurry to get the harvest in because you never know when it will rain and they can't get back in the fields. Many combines and farm trucks are on these roads at that time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back