Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #13 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ESO I rarely post but have followed closely. I just wanted to say from experience that only items with postage paid through the USPS are allowed to be put in mailboxes. Additionally if anyone witnessed a person accessing other people's mail boxes they might call LE thinking it was something nefarious. I just don't want anyone searching for Lucas to get in any trouble. You all obviously care so much and it gives me hope that he will be found. God bless you as you continue to search.

I was actually referring to when we see landowners and hand them to them. We’ve come across people out on our searches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would the timeline change? We have a VI confirm the LL saw Lucas looking out the window on the 16th.

The timeline could change because it is new information. If Lucas was sick prior to his disappearance, as has been stated by someone else here, why wasn't that information deemed pertinent? I might have a bearing here, it might not. I hope the confirmed sightings really are actual sightings. I would hate to think that the perpetrator, whoever that might be, is going to get away with this.

The timeline could change because it is new information. If Lucas was sick prior to his disappearance, as has been stated by someone else here, why wasn't that information deemed pertinent? I might have a bearing here, it might not. I hope the confirmed sightings really are actual sightings. I would hate to think that the perpetrator, whoever that might be, is going to get away with this.

It’s not new info. Him being sick was confirmed before the sighting was.

Our VI has confirmed that Lucas was seen, alive, by the landlord on Friday 16th. Although, I agree, it's interesting that he was sick in the weeks before his disappearance, the timeline is relatively clear.

First off, yes Lucas was sick for two weeks prior to his being reported missing. Also, he was seen by a third party on Friday Feb 16 - both verified by family spokesperson here.
Second LE is under no obligation to release any information in an ongoing investigation. Anything they do release can potentially help those looking. But they do not have to as it can potentially taint the investigation even if we can’t see how it might.

It was just a suggestion. And as for timelines changing, I have seen stranger things. Kansas has had problems for at least six or seven years with interpretations of Sunshine Laws, and for your reading pleasure, I have included this link: http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article184179651.html

I really would hate to see this case end up like the Adam Herrman case, or like the Colton Barrera case.

It was just a suggestion. And as for timelines changing, I have seen stranger things. Kansas has had problems for at least six or seven years with interpretations of Sunshine Laws, and for your reading pleasure, I have included this link: http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article184179651.html

I really would hate to see this case end up like the Adam Herrman case, or like the Colton Barrera case.

You do realize your article has nothing to do with an active criminal investigation? Here is a handy website with information about the open records act - what is exempt specifically.
http://www.wichita.gov/CityClerk/KORA/Pages/Exemptions.aspx

Has the Santa Fe Lake area been searched? Little ravine things near there, trails, campgrounds...

22 min (16.3 mi)
via I-35 S

Eta: sorry if repost, repeat

Im not local, we live in SC. I wish we were. He's in and out of those stores so much that he's developed friendships with many of the employees, and I'm sure getting them to post flyers wouldn't be a problem. I just wish there was some way to find someone there with the same situation.

Being a SAHM, I'm always watching for bird activity. That's a sure sign there's something amiss on a cattle farm. I'm sure the farmers there do the same.

Little Lucas has my heart. I'd love to be able to help in some way, even if it's just tossing out ideas from too far away.

Well, darn it that you're not local either, but you CAN help! This is the Flyers Thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?367661-Flyers-for-Lucas-Hernandez

There are flyers there specifically designed for property owners that need to be posted to FB business sites like the ones you have mentioned. There is also a spreadsheet there to track which businesses have already been contacted. We would love to have your help. ;)

All the secrecy just doesn't make sense to me, if they believe the person responsible for what happened to Lucas is in jail and can't tamper with evidence etc, why the need to be so quiet about locations searched. Feel like we are spinning our wheels trying to brainstorm for locations to search for Lucas, LE could of already searched many of those areas or ruled them out based on other information. I guess I just have to have faith that LE knows what they are doing and pray that Lucas will be found and not forgotten due to lack of media coverage and information not being released.
Are we certain, without a doubt, that she acted alone? Or that she kept it secret and told no one? Do we know for sure?

Just a thought, I'd like to crosscheck at TOD's in similar cases, fwiw, particularly re: ones involving potty accidents, prior abuse, etc. I am sure the variables will likely vary, but I do wonder if the deaths themselves tend to occur more in the morning, night, etc, if statistically there is any pattern about this.

Eta: For example, let's take Malik and Sherin.

Are we certain, without a doubt, that she acted alone? Or that she kept it secret and told no one? Do we know for sure?

I have never thought she acted alone, but I just thought I was crazy because it seems like 90% of people posting thinking she did and I got shut down real quick suggesting she didn't act alone.

I have never thought she acted alone, but I just thought I was crazy because it seems like 90% of people posting thinking she did and I got shut down real quick suggesting she didn't act alone.

I think she killed him by herself. My question if did she have help after the fact? It has been mentioned that the areas searched by TES aren't made public so that nobody can move the body to an already searched area.
Personally, if I had killed someone I don't think I would tell anyone because that would be one too many people knowing.

With Farmers Edge you do, you have to register what you want monitored and the charge is based on so much per acre and you can only access the images and data for the acreage you have registered.

Can certainly suggest theories, just can't throw suspicion on others who haven't been named as a person of interest. WS has no confirmation if she was acting alone or with someone else. It is all speculation. So one person's guess is as good as another at this point. As long as you don't throw doubt towards a specific friend or relative.

It's fine to speculate that EG did not act alone, although we have no evidence of that at this point, given that she's the only one who has been arrested at this time.

What is not fine is to speculate about the identity of who might have helped her. That leads to sleuthing people who are considered victims at this time.

Has the Santa Fe Lake area been searched? Little ravine things near there, trails, campgrounds...

22 min (16.3 mi)
via I-35 S

Eta: sorry if repost, repeat

Hi margarita, I don't know if you have caught up on the posts from yesterday regarding search locations, but we will not be posting which areas have been searched in the open thread anymore, unless the locations have been publicly revealed by LE or MSM.

I believe Henry2326 and others are still privately keeping search maps and records of all areas searched, but that information will not be posted here.

I don’t think she had one. The bond reduction hearing was initially scheduled for Friday but was changed to Wednesday. I don’t know of any other court date scheduled except her next appearance on the child endangerment charge is 4/16

Let’s hope the longer she is in jail, the more time she has to think about talking!

I AM VERY INTERESTED. Thank you!!! See you all in a week, this will consume me. My element! :D

GigTu- what is the reason we are focusing on areas further away from the immediate area of the house? Because of the vast timeline? Thank you!

All the secrecy just doesn't make sense to me, if they believe the person responsible for what happened to Lucas is in jail and can't tamper with evidence etc, why the need to be so quiet about locations searched. Feel like we are spinning our wheels trying to brainstorm for locations to search for Lucas, LE could of already searched many of those areas or ruled them out based on other information. I guess I just have to have faith that LE knows what they are doing and pray that Lucas will be found and not forgotten due to lack of media coverage and information not being released.

I don't think that LE is too concerned with EG tampering with evidence while she is in jail. She couldn't really tell someone on the phone or via email what evidence to destroy. I think they believe someone else could it though. Maybe someone or a few someone's who have a history of enabling EG. I have researched a little on police keeping mum in quite a few cases. There are always different reasons why but in quite a few articles I read, the botched Jon Benet Ramsey case comes up frequently. When details are kept quiet and LE sees or gets a tip that a particular person is talking about something they shouldn't know, then they know better who to talk to. IMO.

It's fine to speculate that EG did not act alone, although we have no evidence of that at this point, given that she's the only one who has been arrested at this time.

What is not fine is to speculate about the identity of who might have helped her. That leads to sleuthing people who are considered victims at this time.

I completely understand not speculating about the identity and sleuthing those people. I guess I just took it to heart when it was posted that EG was a grown woman fully capable of acting on her own and making her own choices - and further speculation would result in TO's. I understand it was meant to stop suggesting and sleuthing family members, but you put out a theory and before long someone has added their thoughts and before you know it someone that is considered a victim is being sleuthed. Which makes your job harder because you gotta clean up the thread, so best just to avoid that scenario. The important thing at this point is to focus on finding Lucas that is all that really matters.

This is (probably) unnecessarily long. I apologize. I am not gushing, I am seriously thanking. Please acknowledge our own efforts and our mods' unrelenting commitment by liking this post, even if you don't agree with my message. Thanks in advance.

This is a pretty respectable place. WS is quickly becoming regarded as the go-to place when you need help. LE comes here, families come here, PIs come here, Media comes here, come here, the bad guys come here, and the people who want to help come here. WS crosses many genres, not just the missing. We have so many forums for so many different types of issues. Trials, Missing, Unidentified, Crime in the News, particular cases, etc etc etc.

And here we all are, in here posting our thoughts an ideas about how to find Lucas before we run out of time. We just post and post and post. Puzzle solvers. Working with limited clues and figuring out how to solve a crime. Aren't we amazing? And with an active thread such as this one, there's bound to be some boundaries crossed, mistakes made, feathers ruffled, and information shared that shouldn't be, etc. Think about this. In the last one month, this case alone has now accumulated 12,400+ posts. Just this one case.

Well I want you all to appreciate something. Yesterday it was a lot more than 12,400. Yesterday we taxed the living daylights out of the mods. I am not sure if it was just LilTexans or if the poor dear had some help.... but I think it was just her. She was tasked with cleaning up the thread for us, and modded some number of posts in the range of 700-1000 probably, that we flagged to fix. All in one day. For just this case. It was an evil task that maybe could have been avoided if we had known better. And the best part is it was done with a smile, not one single complaint. I went to bed past midnight last night, flagging the last remnants of the mistake, and I know everything I flagged was taken care of by the time I closed my eyes. I feel really bad for making a person work like that, and I appreciate the passion and commitment to keeping this place solid and on the up and up and a place LE can come to and know they are getting legit help.

At the time of this posting, there are over 30 brains posting in this thread, and another 25 lurking. It's absolutely incredible to consider all of those different mindsets coming together and hashing out ideas that very often turn into clues. Searches are planned based on your banter and clues. Searches are happening on the daily, and we are really getting into the nitty gritty far corners now. We have to keep pushing, coming up with ideas, and looking. We have to get property owners to go out to their culverts and look for unexpected activity. We have to ask around to see if anyone saw headlights in a place they usually aren't, at a time they usually aren't, acting in a way they usually aren't on the evening of Feb 16. We have to get the every-day-person to start looking in corners as they walk by wherever they happen to be. Everyone. Everywhere. Lucas is somewhere. We can not give up. We can't allow a child killer to have access to other children. We must find Lucas, and we can't do it alone.

So, thank you mods and especially LilTexans for your thankless commitment to WS. And to all of our posters here in WS.... I am so proud to be among you. You guys come up with the most incredible thoughts. It's just mind-blowing. :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie