Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #13 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s supposed to start raining here shortly and continue overnight into the morning. I hope that the rain somehow aids and not complicates search efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope we do get the rain and it washes away whatever she placed him under then. Lets pray Lucas is found very soon. Would be great if it was with in next 24 hours.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Anyone know the timeframe when the focus was on parks being searched? Was this before she gave her phone to police or after? Before her arrest or after?

If this does gather more local attention again, and they begin asking for tips I wonder how many people will correlate it was a few days after Valentine's Day. Giving a date and asking if anyone remembers anything a month ago is less useful than jarring someone's mind with... the Friday night after Valentine's Day. Or if it can be tied to any big event happening Friday night in Wichita. Suddenly people start thinking about going out to the bar on Valentine's weekend. They remember seeing that woman walking with a big bag or that white vehicle parked on the side road. It's frustrating the police can't appeal in this way. My hope has been that is because they have way more info than we realize and they can't tip their hat too soon to those who will defend her.

Anyone know the timeframe when the focus was on parks being searched? Was this before she gave her phone to police or after? Before her arrest or after?

If this does gather more local attention again, and they begin asking for tips I wonder how many people will correlate it was a few days after Valentine's Day. Giving a date and asking if anyone remembers anything a month ago is less useful than jarring someone's mind with... the Friday night after Valentine's Day. Or if it can be tied to any big event happening Friday night in Wichita. Suddenly people start thinking about going out to the bar on Valentine's weekend. They remember seeing that woman walking with a big bag or that white vehicle parked on the side road. It's frustrating the police can't appeal in this way. My hope has been that is because they have way more info than we realize and they can't tip their hat too soon to those who will defend her.

I think your point about the holiday is an important one. Right before the winter storm, too, maybe?

But I know I forgot all about V Day when trying to figure on my own what type of gift would be sent in card form recently. I decided old one from Christmas or maybe her birthday, which I don't know. I felt dumb to have forgotten Valentine's.

Pointing out the then recent Valentine's holiday is a good point for new leads, imo.

Zelda1010:. I havent seen it posted that the pull up was blue. I have wondered about that. Where did you find that?

As far as the lack of LE asking for tips relating specifically to EG, is this because the LACK of evidence available? They can't put her face and vehicle out there because all they have her on is child endangerment charges and they have all the proof they need on that account. Beyond that, they can't show pics or make any kind of suggestion as to her involvement in his disappearance because that would be defamation of her character and leading the public to believe she is guilty without any real evidence against her. If they make that claim publicly then they have to lay all their cards on the table. Praying they have a fantastic poker hand because their hands seem to be tied from getting helpful info from public tips. :(

I was actually referring to when we see landowners and hand them to them. We’ve come across people out on our searches.

Awww I see. forgive me I misread your post. Handing them to anyone you see out (and a lot of people are out this time of year) is a good idea imo.

Hmm. I'll have to look. It was on an early missing poster.

It caught my eye because I stopped to wonder how I would describe a pull-up in terms of a single color.

I'll see what I can find.

I hope this is an ok place to link to.
https://missingadultskids.com/find-missing-lucas-hernandez/

View attachment 131653

I’m trying to remember the last time I have seen “underwear or a pull ups” in a description of what a victim was last wearing!

I’m trying to remember the last time I have seen “underwear or a pull ups” in a description of what a victim was last wearing!

I hear you. Recently Mariah Woods undergarments were described and there was some discussion on the thread over the decision to call them undies or panties and such. So, the little ones undergarments are clearly a touchy subject.

It seems there are enough diaper descriptions out there for missing babies. But maybe those babies were only wearing a diaper and nothing else? And maybe there aren't so many of those, I haven't looked. My mind may be playing tricks on me.

My theory is it either points to something very very sad, or it is part of a missing child checklist these days. What undergarments was the child last wearing? Those kinds of details early on should be easy for someone to recall, but a guilty person might start showing their true colors when you start to ask the detailed questions they didn't consider as part of their story. Why they would then release every last detail to the media? Anybody's guess.

It is odd that it is mentioned. And they would have been underneath his black sweatpants he was wearing, so who would even notice?

just wanted to say from experience that only items with postage paid through the USPS are allowed to be put in mailboxes. Additionally if anyone witnessed a person accessing other people's mail boxes they might call LE thinking it was something nefarious.

RSFF

Excellent advice regarding not touching mail boxes.

But, I wonder if there are newspaper boxes in that area. If so, would it be legal to place flyers in those?

moo

It is odd that it is mentioned. And they would have been underneath his black sweatpants he was wearing, so who would even notice?
Good point. It would be interesting to know how deep into the lie she volunteered that. Immediately, or later as she was "thinking back" on things.

I just spent over an hour looking at family photos of Lucas. I saw one where he was a small baby and his giggles killed me. I want so badly to help find him, I would hop a plane in a NY minute if I could. Unfortunately, I have cataracts and am 70% blind at the moment, so I would be no help at all. This little guy reminds me so much of my son at that age. I just want to hug him and kiss his round cheeks. Where are you Lucas? You need to come home precious.

I hear you. Recently Mariah Woods undergarments were described and there was some discussion on the thread over the decision to call them undies or panties and such. So, the little ones undergarments are clearly a touchy subject.

It seems there are enough diaper descriptions out there for missing babies. But maybe those babies were only wearing a diaper and nothing else? And maybe there aren't so many of those, I haven't looked. My mind may be playing tricks on me.

My theory is it either points to something very very sad, or it is part of a missing child checklist these days. What undergarments was the child last wearing? Those kinds of details early on should be easy for someone to recall, but a guilty person might start showing their true colors when you start to ask the detailed questions they didn't consider as part of their story. Why they would then release every last detail to the media? Anybody's guess.
If they wait a bit and re-ask some of the original questions that aren't in the reports that only LEO on Feb 17 knows, stuff her lawyer can't prep her on, I wonder what different things she would say now. Can they even do that?

Lucas was added to prayer list at our church and today his name was read and that he be found, after service standing around talking, I was shocked by the number of people who assumed he had been found because stepmom was arrested for his murder. They don't follow the case of course, just glimpse on the news he was missing, and then his stepmom arrested. Makes me wonder how many have stopped looking.

This is why I miss Nancy Grace's show being on HLN at night. Like her or not the woman brought awareness to those who were missing and she continued to cover it nightly so that the child's face was out there.

Does anyone know if Ashleigh Banfield has covered Lucas's case yet? She's the only one that has a show on in the night time that I can think of who could put his face on there like Nancy did when she had a show.

ETA: I found her twitter account tweeted her about Lucas

If they wait a bit and re-ask some of the original questions that aren't in the reports that only LEO on Feb 17 knows, stuff her lawyer can't prep her on, I wonder what different things she would say now. Can they even do that?

The problem is she does not have to answer any questions. Everyone has the right to remain silent. And they have a right to an attorney and the first thing an attorney will tell anyone is dont answer anything.

US law protects a defendent from any self incrimination. How it is done is by allowing someone to stay silent and not answer anything.

Much more about this subect in link

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. If you decide to answer questions, you have the right to stop at any time."

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/faqs-police-interrogations.html

This is why I miss Nancy Grace's show being on HLN at night. Like her or not the woman brought awareness to those who were missing and she continued to cover it nightly so that the child's face was out there.

Does anyone know if Ashleigh Banfield has covered Lucas's case yet? She's the only one that has a show on in the night time that I can think of who could put his face on there like Nancy did when she had a show.

ETA: I found her twitter account tweeted her about Lucas

I don't think it is considered MSM (could be wrong) so I'm not going to link it, but if you google it, there is some video. ;)

Thanks, GigTu. It was just me, but I couldn't have done it without your help and Henry's help. :)
Henry too. :heartbeat: We are nowhere without such a dedicated sleuther.

Lucas was added to prayer list at our church and today his name was read and that he be found, after service standin around talking, I was shocked by the number of people who assumed he had been found because stepmom was arrested for his murder. They don't follow the case of course, just glimpse on the news he was missing, and then his stepmom arrested. Makes me wonder how many have stopped looking.
They think he was found even when there are still two billboards up in town? IMO, this is exaclty why the pizza-box-flyers idea is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288