Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #21 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or MH for that matter.... jmo!

Cases are brought by DCF.

THE matter before the court identified ONLY EG 2 older boys. The judge reads that he is dealing with 2 children ages 6and 8. There is no reference to Lucas or to MH. If DCF, who should have done a home visit, and included every child living in the home. But they failed to include Lucas and MH. therefore the only children identified on the complaint were the two older boys. The Hernandez children may never have come to the courts attention.

Cases are brought by DCF.

THE matter before the court identified ONLY EG 2 older boys. The judge reads that he is dealing with 2 children ages 6and 8. There is no reference to Lucas or to MH. If DCF, who should have done a home visit, and included every child living in the home. But they failed to include Lucas and MH. therefore the only children identified on the complaint were the two older boys. The Hernandez children may never have come to the courts attention.

Somehow this needs to get fixed. We have a dangerous mother to her own children. She lost custody. This same dangerous woman becomes the primary caretaker of someone else's child. How do we resolve this? Poor little Lucas slipped thru the cracks.

Somehow this needs to get fixed. We have a dangerous mother to her own children. She lost custody. This same dangerous woman becomes the primary caretaker of someone else's child. How do we resolve this? Poor little Lucas slipped thru the cracks.

There are steps being taken, I believe [emoji817]. It is going to take time, it won’t happen over night. I wish it could!

She is in jail- 1 more off the streets for now.
MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is that if she was transporting human remains LE would have found a scent. Lucas may have been alive. Or she had help and a borrowed vehicle.

I am am not pointing fingers at anyone, but he could be anywhere. I’m still worried and not questioning the landlord sighting. He hadn’t seen Lucas enough to be that familiar with his face. We don’t know how much of him “peeked through the curtains” and if it was enough to clearly identify Lucas. This all makes more sense if he was not there and EG had much more time to take him further away. And I’m saying this with respect.

My neighbors child was peeking at me through wooden blinds and I couldn’t tell which of the 3 girls it was. And I know these kids. This was in broad daylight.

There was supposed to be 2 children actually living in that house. A 1 year old and a 5 year old. Even if the landlords didn't remember his name, I am sure they would be able to tell the difference between a 1 year old and 5 year old. Being that it was a Friday, Emilys sons would not have been there so what other child could it have been? I do not doubt the landlord seen Lucas.

While it is very possible that Lucas could have been alive, had she gotten pulled over with Lucas in the state he was in, which I am sure wasn't good, she would have had to explain herself. She probably still would have gotten in big trouble. The first thing an officer would have done is call an ambulance for Lucas. Once at the hospital they would have been able to tell what happened to Lucas. I am just saying, either way, I think she would have been careful so she didn't get pulled over and caught in the act.

<modsnip>

I'd like to see what our timeline here looks like against Dylan's and Malik's and Sherin's timelines. Note to self (half asleep, hi and love to all).

Eta:

- TIMELINE OF EVENTS - LUCAS HERNANDEZ -

A timeline was created in an effort to alleviate rumors and help organize the events surrounding the disappearance of 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez. Lucas has quickly become known as &#8220;Wichita&#8217;s Son&#8221; and he needs to be located. Sadly, we suspect that finding Lucas is now a recovery effort. If that&#8217;s the case, he deserves to be laid to rest respectfully and surrounded by those who love him.

5-15-17: Family member of Lucas&#8217; father in NM call DHS in KS regarding suspected abuse of Lucas. Family member of Lucas&#8217; biological mother in KS also report suspected abuse in May of 2017. It is later revealed that Lucas told family members in NM that his step-mother, Emily Glass, had thrown water in his face, kicked him, and dragged him across the room. Lucas stated that Emily is &#8220;mean to me.&#8221;

11-13-17: Another family member in NM contacted DHS about suspected abuse of Lucas.

2-7-18: Lucas moved into a new home in the 600 block of Edgemoor St. in Wichita, KS with his father, stepmother and younger sister.

2-9-18: Lucas&#8217; father returns to NM for his scheduled 20 days of work.

2-11-18: Lucas is seen by a neighbor while playing with his stepmother&#8217;s two older sons. Glass is witnessed smoking outside with an unknown male. She later reports to Lucas&#8217; father that a black male and white female were outside their home that night.

2-12-18: Glass surrenders the family cat to the Wichita Animal Shelter. Pets are not allowed in the rental house and she was reportedly unable to find anyone to take the cat.

2-16-18: Glass alleges she had been cleaning and around 3:30 p.m. "smoked a few bowls" of marijuana in the garage. She reportedly got hungry and drove to Olive Garden with her 1-year-old daughter in a white Acura SUV. Glass alleges she stayed at Olive Garden about an hour. She made two phone calls on at 4:53 p.m. and 5:43 p.m. The calls were made from the area of Central and Rock, near where an Olive Garden is located. (She later alleges that she left Lucas home because he had been sick, was sleeping, and she didn&#8217;t want to wake him.) Lucas is seen peeking out the window by the landlord around 5:30 p.m.

2-17-18: Glass reported Lucas missing at 6:14 p.m. after she alleges she left Lucas in his room around 3:00 p.m. while she took a shower and a nap. Lucas&#8217; father begins his return trip home from NM after learning that Lucas is missing. Police begin an extensive search for Lucas and state they believe he was not abducted.

2-18-18: Lucas&#8217; biological mother (who shares joint legal custody) arrived in KS around 5:00 a.m. after learning of Lucas&#8217; disappearance. Prior to this, her last visit to KS was Jan. 1, 2018.

2-21-18: Glass is arrested and charged with 2 counts of child endangerment &#8211; one for Lucas and one for his 1-year-old sister. The endangerment charge for Lucas is later dropped. Lucas&#8217; disappearance is now a criminal investigation.

3-3-18: Missing Pieces Network and the family of Lucas Hernandez encourage any property owners in Wichita and the surrounding counties to search their land and outbuildings for anything suspicious or out of the ordinary.

3-13-18: Police announce that the tip line will no longer be utilized for Lucas. Anyone with information is now asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 316-267-2111 or Wichita PD at 316-268-4407.

3-14-18: A judge denied Glass&#8217; request for a bond modification. In her ruling, the judge stated that Glass is part of another separate, ongoing investigation and is considered a flight risk. Her bond remains at $50,000.

3-18-18: The &#8220;Searching For Lucas Hernandez&#8221; Facebook page was created in order to keep the public informed on the search for Lucas and to insure that Lucas&#8217; face and story isn&#8217;t forgotten. Property owners who need assistance searching their land and outbuildings are encouraged to send a message to SearchingForLucas@gmail.com. We can&#8217;t allow Lucas to be forgotten and we won&#8217;t stop until he&#8217;s found.

#TeamLucas
#SearchingForLucas

attachment.php

Friday, May 11th:
*Hearing (Jackson-Denno) (@ CT) – KS – Lucas Allen Hernandez (5) (missing Feb. 17, 2018; not found yet) – Emily Ann-Marie Glass (26) (stepmom) charged (2/26/18) with 1 count of child endangerment (of 1 year old, for Feb. 16th, day before Lucas was reported missing; suspected of drug use). There are 2 other charges of Child Endangerment with warrant drawn on booking page; bond stays at $50K, per Judge on 3/14/18. Today's hearing is re Motion to remove "confession" from evidence. Next hearing on 5/14.
Originally arrested (2/21/18) for 2 counts of child endangerment.
Judge O’Connor said he will leave up to another judge who is handing a child-in-need-of-care case involving the 1-year-old whether Glass can have contact with that child. 4/27/18: The stepmother and caregiver of a 5-year-old Wichita boy missing for more than two months lost custody of her 1-year-old daughter on Friday. Sedgwick County juvenile court Judge Kevin Smith found that Emily Glass’ daughter is, under state law, a “child in need of care.” The designation puts the girl in the custody of the secretary for the Kansas Department for Children and Families. The agency will decide where the child will live. The girl had already been placed in police protective custody.

Don't know "what time" this starts though....

:judge:

Where are you little boy??!!?!!

Friday, May 11th:
*Hearing (Jackson-Denno) (@ CT) &#8211; KS &#8211; Lucas Allen Hernandez (5) (missing Feb. 17, 2018; not found yet) &#8211; Emily Ann-Marie Glass (26) (stepmom) charged (2/26/18) with 1 count of child endangerment (of 1 year old, for Feb. 16th, day before Lucas was reported missing; suspected of drug use). There are 2 other charges of Child Endangerment with warrant drawn on booking page; bond stays at $50K, per Judge on 3/14/18. Today's hearing is re Motion to remove
"confession" from evidence.
Next hearing on 5/14.
Originally arrested (2/21/18) for 2 counts of child endangerment.
Judge O&#8217;Connor said he will leave up to another judge who is handing a child-in-need-of-care case involving the 1-year-old whether Glass can have contact with that child. 4/27/18: The stepmother and caregiver of a 5-year-old Wichita boy missing for more than two months lost custody of her 1-year-old daughter on Friday. Sedgwick County juvenile court Judge Kevin Smith found that Emily Glass&#8217; daughter is, under state law, a &#8220;child in need of care.&#8221; The designation puts the girl in the custody of the secretary for the Kansas Department for Children and Families. The agency will decide where the child will live. The girl had already been placed in police protective custody.

Don't know "what time" this starts though....

:judge:

Where are you little boy??!!?!!

You're the best, Niner. :tyou:

EG’s attorney has filed other motions to be heard today besides the Jackson-Denno hearing- motion in limine (to have motion heard without jury present); motion to suppress (disallow evidence other than the confession); and a motion for EG to be allowed to wear civilian clothes and no restraints (common to project the proper ‘image’ to the judge and jury rather than have them see the accused in prison garb)
8554616835391559ee70d5ee83527e0c.jpg

http://www.dc18.org/courtscheduling/cratty/crattytomorrow.pdf

EG&#8217;s attorney has filed other motions to be heard today besides the Jackson-Denno hearing- motion in limine (to have motion heard without jury present); motion to suppress (disallow evidence other than the confession); and a motion for EG to be allowed to wear civilian clothes and no restraints (common to project the proper &#8216;image&#8217; to the judge and jury rather than have them see the accused in prison garb)

What is a pro se motion?

EG’s attorney has filed other motions to be heard today besides the Jackson-Denno hearing- motion in limine (to have motion heard without jury present); motion to suppress (disallow evidence other than the confession); and a motion for EG to be allowed to wear civilian clothes and no restraints (common to project the proper ‘image’ to the judge and jury rather than have them see the accused in prison garb)

Scarlett - thank you for posting and even more for the explanations. Hugs.

What a generous thought. But IMHO the best thing for JH and EG's unborn baby would be to adopted to an entirely new family... Not passing judgment on their family members, but the child would be better off to never know about the circumstances surrounding the biological parents and their respective misdeeds/crimes. That is unlikely to happen if adopted by family members.

Well they apparently couldn’t find any family members eligible to be foster parents for the baby girl, so I don’t see how any of them could get through an adoption process.

Well they apparently couldn’t find any family members eligible to be foster parents for the baby girl, so I don’t see how any of them could get through an adoption process.
Where did you get that idea? Though sometimes family is vetted and gains physical custody right away, many times this takes months to do. This is even more true if family is out of the area or state because it takes a coordinating of efforts between agencies. Additionally, there are a number of other factors to determine when a child can actually be moved. For example, a child with visitation would be unable to be moved two states away because then visitation would not be possible. Anyway, there are soooo many factors that I doubt it can be said currently that no family members could be foster parents. Add that many times family comes in much later once (or is a bit hesitant/standoffish until) the course of the case is more obvious. And many times family doesn’t know that they count as family until CPS starts asking around a bit more. Cousins or people family through marriage and especially “fictive kin” may be interested but figure they don’t have a right to show interest until CPS starts branching out with various family members or the parents start cooperating by naming names. But who would have guessed that the great aunt’s best friend’s daughter would be considered for placement unless you were a part of the system somehow so had seen these things?

Anyway, I just haven’t seen anything suggesting kin has been ruled out and know these things can be done super slowly.

Where did you get that idea? Though sometimes family is vetted and gains physical custody right away, many times this takes months to do. This is even more true if family is out of the area or state because it takes a coordinating of efforts between agencies. Additionally, there are a number of other factors to determine when a child can actually be moved. For example, a child with visitation would be unable to be moved two states away because then visitation would not be possible. Anyway, there are soooo many factors that I doubt it can be said currently that no family members could be foster parents. Add that many times family comes in much later once (or is a bit hesitant/standoffish until) the course of the case is more obvious. And many times family doesn&#8217;t know that they count as family until CPS starts asking around a bit more. Cousins or people family through marriage and especially &#8220;fictive kin&#8221; may be interested but figure they don&#8217;t have a right to show interest until CPS starts branching out with various family members or the parents start cooperating by naming names. But who would have guessed that the great aunt&#8217;s best friend&#8217;s daughter would be considered for placement unless you were a part of the system somehow so had seen these things?

Anyway, I just haven&#8217;t seen anything suggesting kin has been ruled out and know these things can be done super slowly.

I absolutely agree. When a relative of mines wife was arrested and charged with their baby daughters murder, it took what seemed like forever to get things sorted where the other 2 children (child & the baby's twin) were concerned.

Although, I seem to recall Sherin's sister being placed with family quite quickly. Does anyone know if that's right? And why? (Different states to my family's case and Lucas' I guess makes things different).

I'm up for the long haul... is there any other late nighters around?

I can't get Lucas off of my mind, the more facts we here and the more theories presented, the whole story just gets worse. Also, my friends partner and father of her little baby girl passed suddenly in the night yesterday and I think I'm still not quite believing it... he was so young. How is the world even that unfair?

Anyway, I'm checking in for the night shift. Sleep is not a thing for a me right now.

Ana I just had to reach out I’m threads behind and I’m also awake all night with a lot on my mind. My cousin whom I’ve always been super close to you. Lost his new wife in a firey car/ semi crash, early turesday morning. They had a 2 year old now he’s facing buring his wife who never even had a chance to live. So I’m joining you in the sleepless club. What a world we live in , sometimes I’m scarred to wake everyday. I feel your pain!

Finding Lucas would sure make this sad sad week a lot better. They need closeure. We all do.

Ana I just had to reach out I&#8217;m threads behind and I&#8217;m also awake all night with a lot on my mind. My cousin whom I&#8217;ve always been super close to you. Lost his new wife in a firey car/ semi crash, early turesday morning. They had a 2 year old now he&#8217;s facing buring his wife who never even had a chance to live. So I&#8217;m joining you in the sleepless club. What a world we live in , sometimes I&#8217;m scarred to wake everyday. I feel your pain!

Finding Lucas would sure make this sad sad week a lot better. They need closeure. We all do.

Oh honey, I am so terribly sorry for yours and their loss. How is this at all fair? I went over to see my friend yesterday, as I said up thread to make sure she had some food to heat up, and that little baby girl of there's was just playing and laughing and being her usual happy self. She has no idea. She won't remember her Daddy. It left me so angry.

Thoughts are with you Sassy. :heartbeat: Much love.

Lets get some good news today. 2018 has been a great year for cases - (Ashley Freeman & Lauria Bible, Lindsey Baum, Marcia King was identified, Lyle Stevik was identified... I'm sure I'm missing some but we've seen some "big" cases come to some kind of a close this year. Let Lucas be next!)

Ana I just had to reach out I&#8217;m threads behind and I&#8217;m also awake all night with a lot on my mind. My cousin whom I&#8217;ve always been super close to you. Lost his new wife in a firey car/ semi crash, early turesday morning. They had a 2 year old now he&#8217;s facing buring his wife who never even had a chance to live. So I&#8217;m joining you in the sleepless club. What a world we live in , sometimes I&#8217;m scarred to wake everyday. I feel your pain!

That was a horrible crash! I am so sorry for you and your family. :(

Ana I just had to reach out I’m threads behind and I’m also awake all night with a lot on my mind. My cousin whom I’ve always been super close to you. Lost his new wife in a firey car/ semi crash, early turesday morning. They had a 2 year old now he’s facing buring his wife who never even had a chance to live. So I’m joining you in the sleepless club. What a world we live in , sometimes I’m scarred to wake everyday. I feel your pain!

So sorry to hear the news about your cousin's wife. Prayers for him and extended family.

Yes we do need some good news to come in this case.

Where did you get that idea? Though sometimes family is vetted and gains physical custody right away, many times this takes months to do. This is even more true if family is out of the area or state because it takes a coordinating of efforts between agencies. Additionally, there are a number of other factors to determine when a child can actually be moved. For example, a child with visitation would be unable to be moved two states away because then visitation would not be possible. Anyway, there are soooo many factors that I doubt it can be said currently that no family members could be foster parents. Add that many times family comes in much later once (or is a bit hesitant/standoffish until) the course of the case is more obvious. And many times family doesn’t know that they count as family until CPS starts asking around a bit more. Cousins or people family through marriage and especially “fictive kin” may be interested but figure they don’t have a right to show interest until CPS starts branching out with various family members or the parents start cooperating by naming names. But who would have guessed that the great aunt’s best friend’s daughter would be considered for placement unless you were a part of the system somehow so had seen these things?

Anyway, I just haven’t seen anything suggesting kin has been ruled out and know these things can be done super slowly.

In the article for the CINC case, it states that DCF had yet to find relatives that would be an appropriate placement for the baby. Not that none exist per se but they haven’t determined any yet.
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html
535a7607947c8cc960815bb67a33ca45.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics