Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #21 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by flute4peace, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charliegizmo49

Charliegizmo49 Former Member

Cases are brought by DCF.

THE matter before the court identified ONLY EG 2 older boys. The judge reads that he is dealing with 2 children ages 6and 8. There is no reference to Lucas or to MH. If DCF, who should have done a home visit, and included every child living in the home. But they failed to include Lucas and MH. therefore the only children identified on the complaint were the two older boys. The Hernandez children may never have come to the courts attention.

2. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Somehow this needs to get fixed. We have a dangerous mother to her own children. She lost custody. This same dangerous woman becomes the primary caretaker of someone else's child. How do we resolve this? Poor little Lucas slipped thru the cracks.

3. n_6CC

n_6CC Well-Known Member

There are steps being taken, I believe [emoji817]. It is going to take time, it won’t happen over night. I wish it could!

She is in jail- 1 more off the streets for now.
    MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Kuyluc2764

Kuyluc2764 Well-Known Member

There was supposed to be 2 children actually living in that house. A 1 year old and a 5 year old. Even if the landlords didn't remember his name, I am sure they would be able to tell the difference between a 1 year old and 5 year old. Being that it was a Friday, Emilys sons would not have been there so what other child could it have been? I do not doubt the landlord seen Lucas.

While it is very possible that Lucas could have been alive, had she gotten pulled over with Lucas in the state he was in, which I am sure wasn't good, she would have had to explain herself. She probably still would have gotten in big trouble. The first thing an officer would have done is call an ambulance for Lucas. Once at the hospital they would have been able to tell what happened to Lucas. I am just saying, either way, I think she would have been careful so she didn't get pulled over and caught in the act.

5. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

<modsnip>

I'd like to see what our timeline here looks like against Dylan's and Malik's and Sherin's timelines. Note to self (half asleep, hi and love to all).

Eta:

6. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

(LOL - :floorlaugh:)

7. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Friday, May 11th:
    *Hearing (Jackson-Denno) (@ CT) – KS – Lucas Allen Hernandez (5) (missing Feb. 17, 2018; not found yet) – Emily Ann-Marie Glass (26) (stepmom) charged (2/26/18) with 1 count of child endangerment (of 1 year old, for Feb. 16th, day before Lucas was reported missing; suspected of drug use). There are 2 other charges of Child Endangerment with warrant drawn on booking page; bond stays at $50K, per Judge on 3/14/18. Today's hearing is re Motion to remove "confession" from evidence. Next hearing on 5/14.
    Originally arrested (2/21/18) for 2 counts of child endangerment.
    Judge O’Connor said he will leave up to another judge who is handing a child-in-need-of-care case involving the 1-year-old whether Glass can have contact with that child. 4/27/18: The stepmother and caregiver of a 5-year-old Wichita boy missing for more than two months lost custody of her 1-year-old daughter on Friday. Sedgwick County juvenile court Judge Kevin Smith found that Emily Glass’ daughter is, under state law, a “child in need of care.” The designation puts the girl in the custody of the secretary for the Kansas Department for Children and Families. The agency will decide where the child will live. The girl had already been placed in police protective custody.

Don't know "what time" this starts though....

:judge:

Where are you little boy??!!?!!

8. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

You're the best, Niner. :tyou:

9. ScarlettLin

ScarlettLin Tomorrow is another day...

EG’s attorney has filed other motions to be heard today besides the Jackson-Denno hearing- motion in limine (to have motion heard without jury present); motion to suppress (disallow evidence other than the confession); and a motion for EG to be allowed to wear civilian clothes and no restraints (common to project the proper ‘image’ to the judge and jury rather than have them see the accused in prison garb)
    [​IMG]
    http://www.dc18.org/courtscheduling/cratty/crattytomorrow.pdf

10. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

What is a pro se motion?

11. Horror

Horror Well-Known Member

Scarlett - thank you for posting and even more for the explanations. Hugs.

12. MzOpinion8d

MzOpinion8d Former Member

Well they apparently couldn’t find any family members eligible to be foster parents for the baby girl, so I don’t see how any of them could get through an adoption process.

13. ScarlettLin

Pro se is when you don’t have an attorney and you’re filing motions on your own behalf

14. HeidiTX232

HeidiTX232 Member

Where did you get that idea? Though sometimes family is vetted and gains physical custody right away, many times this takes months to do. This is even more true if family is out of the area or state because it takes a coordinating of efforts between agencies. Additionally, there are a number of other factors to determine when a child can actually be moved. For example, a child with visitation would be unable to be moved two states away because then visitation would not be possible. Anyway, there are soooo many factors that I doubt it can be said currently that no family members could be foster parents. Add that many times family comes in much later once (or is a bit hesitant/standoffish until) the course of the case is more obvious. And many times family doesn’t know that they count as family until CPS starts asking around a bit more. Cousins or people family through marriage and especially “fictive kin” may be interested but figure they don’t have a right to show interest until CPS starts branching out with various family members or the parents start cooperating by naming names. But who would have guessed that the great aunt’s best friend’s daughter would be considered for placement unless you were a part of the system somehow so had seen these things?

Anyway, I just haven’t seen anything suggesting kin has been ruled out and know these things can be done super slowly.

15. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

I absolutely agree. When a relative of mines wife was arrested and charged with their baby daughters murder, it took what seemed like forever to get things sorted where the other 2 children (child & the baby's twin) were concerned.

Although, I seem to recall Sherin's sister being placed with family quite quickly. Does anyone know if that's right? And why? (Different states to my family's case and Lucas' I guess makes things different).

16. SassynOz

SassynOz Well-Known Member

Ana I just had to reach out I’m threads behind and I’m also awake all night with a lot on my mind. My cousin whom I’ve always been super close to you. Lost his new wife in a firey car/ semi crash, early turesday morning. They had a 2 year old now he’s facing buring his wife who never even had a chance to live. So I’m joining you in the sleepless club. What a world we live in , sometimes I’m scarred to wake everyday. I feel your pain!

Finding Lucas would sure make this sad sad week a lot better. They need closeure. We all do.

17. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Oh honey, I am so terribly sorry for yours and their loss. How is this at all fair? I went over to see my friend yesterday, as I said up thread to make sure she had some food to heat up, and that little baby girl of there's was just playing and laughing and being her usual happy self. She has no idea. She won't remember her Daddy. It left me so angry.

Thoughts are with you Sassy. :heartbeat: Much love.

Lets get some good news today. 2018 has been a great year for cases - (Ashley Freeman & Lauria Bible, Lindsey Baum, Marcia King was identified, Lyle Stevik was identified... I'm sure I'm missing some but we've seen some "big" cases come to some kind of a close this year. Let Lucas be next!)

18. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Well-Known Member

That was a horrible crash! I am so sorry for you and your family. :(

19. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear the news about your cousin's wife. Prayers for him and extended family.

Yes we do need some good news to come in this case.

20. ScarlettLin

In the article for the CINC case, it states that DCF had yet to find relatives that would be an appropriate placement for the baby. Not that none exist per se but they haven’t determined any yet.
    http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.