Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #21 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend with 6 kids (5 living) who is petite and skinny who only looked maybe 3mths pregnant at 40wks! It’s crazy when I was showing at 3mths also - I hated her for it too! She left the hospital in pre-pregnancy clothes after each one [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t show until the 8th month with the first baby and then still was tiny. With baby 2, I showed but still was small. Both times I had big babies. I also had a lot of back labor! Maybe that is where they were hiding.

All the rest of my kids have come as foster kiddos so no baby bumps. They just come home sometime between 2days and 16yrs old and I look no better or worse than the day before. Lol

I can't imagine them being able to hold her much longer on a misdemeanor child endangerment charge. Seems like they are going to have to slap some more charges on her soon to keep her locked up.
Maybe they are waiting for each one so they can keep her locked up until they can arrest her for murder one. I hope she doesn’t get out :(

Maybe they are waiting for each one so they can keep her locked up until they can arrest her for murder one. I hope she doesn’t get out :(

Maybe they could bump up her misdemeanor to a felony?

I would think they used his phone also. It correlates the message.

True but they didn’t is the problem. If they have to go back, I’m sure they will but I’m thinking it won’t be disallowed. It was a Hail Mary by the defense attorney......they try to get things thrown out all the time, doesn’t mean they will be successful.

Looks like a baby bump to me. Or at least she is heavier than previously. MOO

Oh yes, she's definitely put on weight. Quite a bit, she doesn't look anywhere near as gaunt or hollow faced as before. Her arms even seem to be a bit larger. Maybe because of the pregnancy, maybe because of no access to narcotics (if she was, in face, using them prior to arrest), but could just be from sitting on her evil rump in jail. Or it could be the angle and the beautiful orange.

https://player.fm/series/crime-stor...oung-mans-tragic-death-after-an-arrest-mix-up

Little Lucas Hernandez has been missing for months and now his father is arrested on a domestic violence charge. The Kansas 5-year-old's stepmom was already jailed on charges of endangering another child, but no one is yet facing charges relating to Lucas's disappearance. Nancy Grace has been closely following the investigation into what happened to boy. She is joined in this episode by Missing Pieces Network founder Kim Martin, Juvenile Judge and lawyer Ashley Willcott, and reporter Leigh Egan.

I can't imagine them being able to hold her much longer on a misdemeanor child endangerment charge. Seems like they are going to have to slap some more charges on her soon to keep her locked up.

Max sentence for the charge she faces currently is 12 months

If the judge isn't going to make a decision until next Friday, that will be after the hearing on the 14th May. So, what is the hearing on the 14th? When will she get an actual trial date?

If the judge isn't going to make a decision until next Friday, that will be after the hearing on the 14th May. So, what is the hearing on the 14th? When will she get an actual trial date?

From what I understand Monday 5/14 was the date set to begin jury selection. They may do a continuance awaiting the judge to issue his ruling.

Welcome to WS. I wish I knew how to make one of those cute welcome signs for you.

( Hi ima.grandma,

This is a start for how one makes a welcome sign in text (can also be accessed via images in certain editing forms):

Type in welcome, welcome2, welcome3, welcome4, or welcome5 and put a colon on either side, like this:

:ima.grandma:

:wave:

Ps: to get the above wave I typed in wave then put a colon on either side :) )

From what I understand Monday 5/14 was the date set to begin jury selection. They may do a continuance awaiting the judge to issue his ruling.

So she is having a jury trial and not just a bench trial for the endangerment charges? Sorry I guess I missed that.

So she is having a jury trial and not just a bench trial for the endangerment charges? Sorry I guess I missed that.

The docket read criminal jury trial. That’s all I know lol

The first police interview of Glass occurred on Feb. 18, with Schomaker and an FBI agent. After Glass was read her rights, and part way into the interview about Lucas, she said she didn’t want to talk anymore and left the interview room, Schomaker recalled.
The next day, Feb. 19, Lucas’ father sent a text saying Glass wanted to speak with the investigators, and he brought her back to a police interview room at City Hall. An FBI agent also was present for the second interview.
A third interview occurred on Feb. 20, and Glass again said she was willing to talk after being read her rights, Schomaker said. The investigators asked Glass to write down “every step” she took beginning at noon the day before she reported Lucas missing until she discovered him gone and called 911. She would end up writing six pages of notes on a tablet.
The fourth and final interview occurred on Feb. 21 — four days after she reported the boy missing. At the end of the interview, Schomaker arrested Glass. Police had decided to arrest her before the interview ended.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article210955789.html

Reporters often sit in the courtroom and takes notes to make a report later. Cameras aren’t allowed.

Cameras are allowed in the courtroom for some cases. It just depends on the state and the types of case. There were cameras in the courtroom during the OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias trials. There are a few other high profile trials were cameras were admitted.
I know that in Juvenile Court cameras are not allowed at all. Juvenile identities are protected by law, unless they're being tried as an adult, like in the Slenderman case.

The first police interview of Glass occurred on Feb. 18, with Schomaker and an FBI agent. After Glass was read her rights, and part way into the interview about Lucas, she said she didn’t want to talk anymore and left the interview room, Schomaker recalled.
The next day, Feb. 19, Lucas’ father sent a text saying Glass wanted to speak with the investigators, and he brought her back to a police interview room at City Hall. An FBI agent also was present for the second interview.
A third interview occurred on Feb. 20, and Glass again said she was willing to talk after being read her rights, Schomaker said. The investigators asked Glass to write down “every step” she took beginning at noon the day before she reported Lucas missing until she discovered him gone and called 911. She would end up writing six pages of notes on a tablet.
The fourth and final interview occurred on Feb. 21 — four days after she reported the boy missing. At the end of the interview, Schomaker arrested Glass. Police had decided to arrest her before the interview ended.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article210955789.html

From the article above:
One additional layer of detail about Lucas that came up at Friday’s hearing: A neighbor came to Glass’ home and saw that she and her daughter were gone — but that 5-year-old Lucas was there. The neighbor had a “Q&A” with Lucas about where Glass was.

he next day, Feb. 19, Lucas’ father sent a text saying Glass wanted to speak with the investigators, and he brought her back to a police interview room at City Hall. An FBI agent also was present for the second interview.

(snipped significantly)

Wow, he really didn't think she did it.

Wow. Now that we know the LL actually spoke with Lucas, it seems even more likely that the LL would have contacted her (Or JH) following that Q&A to check in and alert her that he's aware of the child being left home alone. One could speculate that tipped her off and caused her to go into a rage.

Wow. Now that we know the LL actually spoke with Lucas, it seems even more likely that the LL would have contacted her (Or JH) following that Q&A to check in and alert her that he's aware of the child being left home alone. One could speculate that tipped her off and caused her to go into a rage.

Sounds very likely that that's what did it. That could also have been her 5:43 (?) phone call. But JH didn't know Lucas was left alone until the investigator told him (according to PB), so the LL didn't call him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam