Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #22 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

flute4peace

Reaction score
http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Wichita-police-investigating-missing-child-case--474396903.html

cache.php

link

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) Wichita police are investigating a missing child case in the 600 block of South Edgemoor.

Sedgwick County dispatchers confirmed to Eyewitness News that police are on scene looking into the disappearance of a 5-year-old child last seen around 3 pm on Saturday near Edgemoor between Lincoln & Kellogg.

Police say Lucas is Hispanic/white, four-feet tall, brown hair, brown eyes, and long lashes.

The boy was last seen wearing black sweats with a grey shirt that had a bear on it, white socks, and light blue Pull-up.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Flyers for Lucas Hernandez Thread

Media, Maps, and Timeline Thread

Verified Insiders:

FindLucasAllen

Verified Family Spokesperson:

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21

Help Find Lucas Hernandez Facebook Page

Lucas Hernandez missing: FBI joins search for Kansas boy, 5

Authorities searching for a missing 5-year-old Kansas boy have scoured a nature park and set up a tip hotline.

The Wichita Eagle reports that police said they received a call at about 6:15 p.m. Saturday to report Lucas Hernandez was lost in southeast Wichita. When officers arrived, Lucas' 26-year-old stepmother said he was last seen at about 3 p.m. Saturday in his bedroom before she showered and fell asleep.

Officers and dogs have searched his home, neighborhood and the 216-acre Chisholm Creek Park. Officer Charley Davidson said Sunday that police have found no evidence that suggests Lucas was abducted, which is why no Amber Alert has been issued.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lucas-hernandez-missing-fbi-joins-search-for-kansas-boy-5/

Family concerned about Wichita boy's welfare before he went missing

WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -
As the search continues for 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez, the boy's family returned to their home late Monday along with the FBI. Relatives watching from afar say it's not the first time an investigator was called there.

Wichita police say the boy's stepmother last saw Lucas at around 3 p.m. Saturday. She then took a shower and fell asleep, and officers were notified around 6:15 p.m. that the boy was missing.

Sally Rasmussen is Lucas' great aunt, who spoke with KAKE News from her home in New Mexico. She says was sent a photo of Lucas last year and saw multiple bruises on his face and neck. She called police.

"All these stories I'd been hearing for months about him possibly being abused," she said.

http://www.kake.com/story/37541152/...utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KAKEnews

Okay guys, so our very own has worked hard to create a confirmed and up to date timeline for Lucas' case. This has taken a lot of time and effort but should help to alleviate any rumors that are being circulated.

We posted it to the official Lucas FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/SearchingForLucasHernandez/posts/415159545597906

- TIMELINE OF EVENTS - LUCAS HERNANDEZ -

A timeline was created in an effort to alleviate rumors and help organize the events surrounding the disappearance of 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez. Lucas has quickly become known as “Wichita’s Son” and he needs to be located. Sadly, we suspect that finding Lucas is now a recovery effort. If that’s the case, he deserves to be laid to rest respectfully and surrounded by those who love him.

5-15-17: Family member of Lucas’ father in NM call DHS in KS regarding suspected abuse of Lucas. Family member of Lucas’ biological mother in KS also report suspected abuse in May of 2017. It is later revealed that Lucas told family members in NM that his step-mother, Emily Glass, had thrown water in his face, kicked him, and dragged him across the room. Lucas stated that Emily is “mean to me.”

11-13-17: Another family member in NM contacted DHS about suspected abuse of Lucas.

2-7-18: Lucas moved into a new home in the 600 block of Edgemoor St. in Wichita, KS with his father, stepmother and younger sister.

2-9-18: Lucas’ father returns to NM for his scheduled 20 days of work.

2-11-18: Lucas is seen by a neighbor while playing with his stepmother’s two older sons. Glass is witnessed smoking outside with an unknown male. She later reports to Lucas’ father that a black male and white female were outside their home that night.

2-12-18: Glass surrenders the family cat to the Wichita Animal Shelter. Pets are not allowed in the rental house and she was reportedly unable to find anyone to take the cat.

2-16-18: Glass alleges she had been cleaning and around 3:30 p.m. "smoked a few bowls" of marijuana in the garage. She reportedly got hungry and drove to Olive Garden with her 1-year-old daughter in a white Acura SUV. Glass alleges she stayed at Olive Garden about an hour. She made two phone calls on at 4:53 p.m. and 5:43 p.m. The calls were made from the area of Central and Rock, near where an Olive Garden is located. (She later alleges that she left Lucas home because he had been sick, was sleeping, and she didn’t want to wake him.) Lucas is seen peeking out the window by the landlord around 5:30 p.m.

2-17-18: Glass reported Lucas missing at 6:14 p.m. after she alleges she left Lucas in his room around 3:00 p.m. while she took a shower and a nap. Lucas’ father begins his return trip home from NM after learning that Lucas is missing. Police begin an extensive search for Lucas and state they believe he was not abducted.

2-18-18: Lucas’ biological mother (who shares joint legal custody) arrived in KS around 5:00 a.m. after learning of Lucas’ disappearance. Prior to this, her last visit to KS was Jan. 1, 2018.

2-21-18: Glass is arrested and charged with 2 counts of child endangerment – one for Lucas and one for his 1-year-old sister. The endangerment charge for Lucas is later dropped. Lucas’ disappearance is now a criminal investigation.

3-3-18: Missing Pieces Network and the family of Lucas Hernandez encourage any property owners in Wichita and the surrounding counties to search their land and outbuildings for anything suspicious or out of the ordinary.

3-13-18: Police announce that the tip line will no longer be utilized for Lucas. Anyone with information is now asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 316-267-2111 or Wichita PD at 316-268-4407.

3-14-18: A judge denied Glass’ request for a bond modification. In her ruling, the judge stated that Glass is part of another separate, ongoing investigation and is considered a flight risk. Her bond remains at $50,000.

3-18-18: The “Searching For Lucas Hernandez” Facebook page was created in order to keep the public informed on the search for Lucas and to insure that Lucas’ face and story isn’t forgotten. Property owners who need assistance searching their land and outbuildings are encouraged to send a message to SearchingForLucas@gmail.com. We can’t allow Lucas to be forgotten and we won’t stop until he’s found.

#TeamLucas
#SearchingForLucas

attachment.php

Attachments

• 29497496_1797108530595317_6074090814705762304_n.jpg
    29497496_1797108530595317_6074090814705762304_n.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 71
[...]

In seven single-spaced pages, the child-in-need-of-care petition describes a dysfunctional and violent household.

It says Emily Glass, Lucas' 26-year-old stepmother, has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, has difficulty controlling her anger and has experimented with methamphetamine and heroin.

Glass, the report says, was thought to be targeting Lucas due to her anger with the boy's father. The pre-kindergartner had bruises most often after Glass and the father fought, the state's child protection agency was told.

The day before Lucas was reported missing, a witness saw a young boy standing at the front door of the home. Glass later admitted to leaving the 5-year-old home alone that day while she went to eat at Olive Garden.

Those details are part of a Sedgwick County juvenile court document that provides the most complete account of abuse that Lucas allegedly suffered.

[...]

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html

MOD NOTE

Only EG and JH are sleuthable on the forum in relation to Lucas' disappearance. Please do not sleuth their family members and friends, including EG's cousin.

If you ask a question and it is not answered, please do not badger another member for an answer. If you ask a question politely once (or twice at the most) and nobody responds, just move on. No member is obliged to answer your question.

We are very fortunate to have Verified Insiders in any case we discuss here. Do not challenge a VI. They can state what they want without having to back it up with links. They do not have to reveal their sources. They can tell us some things and choose not to reveal other things. Read what they have to say, and apply whatever weight you wish to their statements, but do not badger them or challenge them or be disrespectful toward them on this site.

Do not ever be that member who is responsible for a VI leaving a thread. :nono:

New details revealed of police interviews of stepmom after 5-year-old Lucas vanished

A window partly opened into investigators’ questioning of Emily Glass after she reported 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez missing.

The perspective depended on whether it was the prosecutor’s or the defense attorney’s viewpoint in court Friday: During interviews with Wichita police and the FBI, Glass was “not emotional” and willing and able to talk, or she was at times exhausted and scared.

The new details emerged at a Sedgwick County District Court hearing to help settle complicated legal issues leading up to Glass’ trial on a misdemeanor charge of endangering her 1-year-old daughter.

[...]

Police and the prosecutor accuse Glass of confessing to smoking marijuana and then driving her daughter to a restaurant the day before she reported Lucas missing. Police have said that she told investigators that she last saw Lucas in his bedroom on the afternoon of Feb. 17, that she took a shower and a nap and that when she awoke a few hours later, he was gone. Police said there was no evidence of a kidnapping and that they don’t think he left on his own.

[...]

Glass' trial is expected to begin with jury selection Monday morning.

[...]

One additional layer of detail about Lucas that came up at Friday’s hearing: A neighbor came to Glass’ home and saw that she and her daughter were gone — but that 5-year-old Lucas was there. The neighbor had a “Q&A” with Lucas about where Glass was.

Please continue the discussion here and please stay on topic and focused on finding Lucas.

:tyou:

Thread 22. I can’t help but feel we are getting closer to finding you Lucas. Soon! The truth will out, I have faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wanted to ask if we're sure the info EG is trying to suppress is her cell phone info. It sounded in the court video like it was info about her driving while high.

I just wanted to ask if we're sure the info EG is trying to suppress is her cell phone info. It sounded in the court video like it was info about her driving while high.

Her charges stem from her driving while high. The messages on the phone indicated that was her plan, to smoke and then go. She admitted to it verbally. Those two together seem to be what the defense is trying to have excluded and also arguing that without a DUI charge they can’t say she was high and driving and thus endangering the baby. According to the article in the Eagle and the video associated with that article
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article210955789.html

Her charges stem from her driving while high. The messages on the phone indicated that was her plan, to smoke and then go. She admitted to it verbally. Those two together seem to be what the defense is trying to have excluded and also arguing that without a DUI charge they can’t say she was high and driving and thus endangering the baby. According to the article in the Eagle and the video associated with that article

Thanks for clarifying that for me! I was so confused and had to wait like 3 hours to ask, hahaha.

Now, please let this be the thread where we talk about Lucas being found!!

My heart breaks a million more times for this sweet boy.

I knew she was prime suspect and an evil person. However this new information solidifies it 100% that she is guilty. there is plenty of motive. I can’t wait to see charges brought upon her, although I don’t know how much of the information that will come out that I can handle. That poor, poor baby.

I bet after lying to JH and having him convince her to go to LE, she started to blow her own ego up and felt the confidence to believe in & stick to her own lies. If JH believed her, surely the police would. Clearly LE is WAY more intelligent than JH and could easily pick apart the BS.

One thing stands out: she clearly hadn’t thought through how she was going to talk herself out of the first interview. Or they started asking questions she wasn’t prepared to answer.

I used to feel bad for the grieving father. I feel nothing but resentment toward him, I wish charges be pressed against him for his own abuse of EGs kids if it’s true.

When Glass’ attorney, Julia Leth-Perez, asked the Wichita police detective why an FBI agent was present at the interview, he said, “Due to the severity of this case, the FBI came in and assisted us.”

Wow, the FBI was there for the first interview on the 18th. They already knew then that he was dead. They must have found something at the house or in the car. I wonder if it was the dogs.

I'm glad LE corrected their initial claims that it was the neighbor and not the LL that saw Lucas while EG was at OG. I'm curious about the vastly different level of interaction ... from peekimg through the window to a full on conversation is a huge difference. But no matter, it establishes his presence. I wonder what his state of health was and if it was notable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong