Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #3 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by flute4peace, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squishified

Squishified Well-Known Member

Lucas is one of the cutest children I have ever seen. The photos with the bruises just breaks my heart. My husband and I are unable to have children. I would give anything to have a little boy like Lucas

2. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

:( :( :( :stormingmad: :furious:

(No words.)

(Eta: I want to step away bc I'm getting so angry and upset and sick, and then I'm like if FLA can be here, then so can I!)

3. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

^^^This...I have a relative who can not bare children & knowing that this little boy could be loved by truly caring people, but got this lot instead, is just painful.
    I’m sorry Squishified (((hugs)))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

5. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

Hare to ask this, but is their a verified PreK teacher on here? Would this even be a need? Because I would do it. Have been doing it for over 30 years. Started with the Migrants in Homestead Fla. And now here in N C.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

6. NewMama

NewMama Well-Known Member

We have a Batman-loving 5yr old next door. He’s the reason we have the rule, “No science experiments in the upstairs bathrooms with playdoh and water.” He’s an absolute hoot and everything is an adventure for him.
    I hope you have more pictures for your personal viewing of Lucas unmarked and happy. I really love his school pics - such a sweet smile.

7. LisaWL7TR

LisaWL7TR Well-Known Member

8. FindLucasAllen

FindLucasAllen Verified Family - Lucas Allen Hernandez

I'm only here because we can only get updates from the internet and Facebook is full of the most vicious people I've ever seen. I've had to step away quite a few times because the discussion can be intense (but like I said, don't hold back! you guys are my main source of information right now).

9. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Well-Known Member

I think Kansas still has common law marriage. Could that be why they are referring to EG as the stepmom?

10. Jasper52

Jasper52 Well-Known Member

Not sure what you're asking but ALL teachers are mandated by law to report any suspected abuse.

I taught in Canada but I believe these laws are applicable in the USA as well.

deadfoot13 likes this.
  11. margarita25

12. LisaWL7TR

LisaWL7TR Well-Known Member

Well if your using tapatalk just hit reply under the post.

ETA I think it is the boxes next to the arrow. Single and Multi quote.

13. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

Gone most of the day and finally caught up. Gotta love multi quote.
    So glad Emily has been arrested.

------------------------------------------

"We hope that we are able to find Lucas," Seiler said.

http://www.kake.com/story/37532140/...utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KAKEnews

I do not like that. It reminds me of other cases where they knew they were in a landfill. :thinking:

I think it's completely wrong for them to get people's hopes up. Even I had hope as I read that. They shouldn't say that.

It is cruel. It's similar to those who falsely accuse someone of a crime, then don't tell the truth as they sit in jail. I will never understand the type of mind that can do this. Keeping a secret that could free someone from jail or bring a loved one back to their family. I just don't get it.

I so wish someone had done just that. Scoop up Lucas and take him to the nearest hospital to have it all documented, call the police and make a report, file for custody of Lucas. I'm not sure if that would have prevented his disappearance but I like to think it would have.

I thought this might be a reference to people maybe thinking this was a custody thing. Like "a stranger took my kid, not family, this is serious." I don't know though.

Absolutely. He was charged with child endangerment for leaving her outside under a tree and she was charged with abandoning a child for admitting they left Sherin home alone to go to dinner. Later they were upgraded.

I think her admitting to not seeing him for 3 hours constitutes endangerment. If they have more information then that is just added proof for the charge.

The only thing I can think of is similar to the mass shooters, where they don't want to give them their 15 seconds? Maybe this officer just does not want to speak her name. Perhaps he's so disgusted with her that he won't utter it. I have no idea, just a thought.

Nope. Didn't work for Terri Horman. She gave up her daughter to avoid answering questions about Kyron's disappearance. Apparently her daughter didn't mean anything to her either.

I think he did. If it was just bruises it would be different.

However, Lucas actually told people he was being hurt and who was hurting him. There wasn't really a "boys will be boys" defense here. Lucas said that Dad's girlfriend was hurting him. Dad should have left immediately. He should face endangerment charges as well.

3 years this month I believe.

Or perhaps both.

No, she stayed in the car at the vigil.

I am utterly terrified that is exactly what her cold heart did. I just hope he wasn't aware of it. I have had some seriously scary nightmares about what she may have done to him. I hope they are all incorrect.

Did law enforcement get informed of this? Or the courts for the custody? Or was this just so typical of Emily that it was blown off?

So much like Kyron. Both were doing what they thought was best at the time. Then, after they were capable of taking their boys back... they didn't want to uproot them so they didn't.

No I haven't. However, Lucas had other family who would have loved to care for him. If I felt the need to stay in that relationship to protect my daughter from her mother, I certainly would not allow her mother to babysit my son.

I would have my son go with his mother and her family while I was out of town. Then retrieve him when I could be there to supervise.

What we are hearing and seeing in pictures is inexcusable. It's a failure to protect a little boy who had already been through enough in his life. He just deserved loving, caring, gentle people and that isn't what he got.

Yes, he should have sent Lucas with Mom's family instead of leaving him with stepmother. No question about it. This Dad had other options available to him.

I adore you for this. It is so true. People rotting in jails based on one person's word, even when there is clear evidence the accuser is lying. It's sickening.

Denial is very powerful....

Was Lucas in someone else's custody between Mom and Dad?
    I was under the impression that Mom lost custody when Lucas was 6 months old.
    Did he not go straight to Dad? I'm confused now.

I simply cannot figure out a reason for this. I'm flabbergasted.

What if Lucas IS alive and is WATCHING that interview?
    Wouldn't you want to talk directly to your child, or their abductor?
    Plead for them to bring him back, let him know how much you love him?
    I don't get it. At all.
    Only time I've seen this is when someone was an informant. Even then, his identity is out there already.

He was being abused. Abuse is a pretty big risk factor for murder. If he had been in someone else's care when he disappeared it would be a separate issue. However, since his reported abuser was in charge when he disappeared? Same issue - escalation.

Was there no opportunity to call 911 or sneak Lucas out to a hospital? With that hand print on the arm I think it may have been taken seriously.

I think I would have not been able to restrain myself from reporting it. I would be too worried about unseen injuries, broken bones or internal injuries. Sometimes my medical knowledge makes it difficult to remain calm.

14. sleuther0192837465

Stunned is asking to become a Verified Insider for Websleuths :)

15. margarita25

:therethere:

(Eta: Alright I'll pull it together then....usually I put myself in a "self imposed timeout" when I get too emotional and I always say one of the greatest skills a websleuther can have is to know when to step away. But since you are here...I'll go eat a legal medicinal brownie (or three) and come back.)

16. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

She was referring to being verified by Websleuths as a pre-k teacher.

17. sleuther0192837465

You really should :) MOO

18. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

YES. Get verified as a Pre-K expert. We could use one.

This must just break your heart to see these pictures of adorable sweet Lucas, all bruised and battered. :cry:

19. Jo in Calif

Jo in Calif Well-Known Member

I really don't think her endangerment charges stem from her taking a nap while both children were in the house. Technically most people do that every night when they go to bed at night with their children in the house.
    I doubt if dad knows what she did to occur those charges. He will find out at her hearing. I bet when he does he is going to be more pissed than he was in his interview tonight.

20. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

There is a special place in hell for the person(s) responsible for this abuse to our beloved little Lucas. Good God I want to vomit looking at these photos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.