Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know the entire reason/story behind this. Doubt we we'll ever know though. jmo

Two words: Evan Brewer. I know the attorney representing the family and she is definitely not going to until someone is held accountable and the truth comes out about Evan’s case. Plus, Evan’s grandfather is Carl Brewer, he may not be in office anymore but he still has a lot of pull politically.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article191146979.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been common in other cases for reporters either to show up on scene or simply report on it based on info from a source once crime scene tape put around the house or when vehicles are taken.

The Sherin Mathews case, MSM was all over that during both the house search and cars being towed off.
Same with the Mariah Woods case in regards to the house search just to give a couple very recent examples.

I think the difference here (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) is that there was a body.
Was Sherin found before or after they hauled the cars off and such?

I think the difference here (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) is that there was a body.
Was Sherin found before or after they hauled the cars off and such?

After. In a culvert. Not at the home.

Everyone that is bringing up the cases of MSM announcing that they are searching the car and home, there is no body. They may not know yet if Lucas was actually harmed. If releasing info could hinder their investigation, they won't do it. I can see that they are working really hard on this case.

That being said, I would HOPE I am right in thinking that they HAVE searched the cars and house... because to me, in a suspected foul play case, even without a body, that should be the FIRST step. It's possible that they DID do this, and just didn't find anything... which irks me even more because that makes the case against EG even tougher.

After. In a culvert. Not at the home.

Ok, thanks for that clarification. Then I can throw that theory out the window.

And yes... culvert. Ugh. I cried watching all the footage from that in real time (after it was announced she was found). I knew when dad said he put her outside at 3am that it wasn't going to end well.

I think that EG not speaking up is kinda rather telling. If he was actually kidnapped, she would be more corporative. EG not being helpful is just proof that something bad happened to Lucas. EG would rather save her own arse than admitting she made a mistake. And if she actually loved Lucas' dad you would think that she would come clean. If you love someone, you don't do bad **** to their kid, and if it was an accident you own it. Just so the person you love doesn't have to continually suffer.

I can't imagine that being away from someone that often, for long periods of time, helps a volatile relationship like that to grow. I would imagine she MAY (my own speculation only) have just been with him for the money. I mean, how easy... you sit at home, do whatever you want (because he isn't around), and live off of his money... super easy. I don't think EG really gives a crap about anyone but EG.

For those of you who think he's located "not far from home", why do you think so?

I think he may be on the outskirts of her neighborhood, but here's the part where I struggle. The was no sign of Lucas from the scent or cadaver dogs in the house or in her car (that we know of anyway). So if the crime scene is close to home, where do you think he might've possibly been killed at? I'm finding it hard to think of potential crime scenes. Also, many of you have stated you believe that because the area is familiar to her...but she'd only lived there for a very short time, so if we're talking about the new apartment I'd think a lot of places nearby probably weren't too familiar to her yet.

Personally, I don't see her having the motivation to take him far. I also think she didn't take the baby with her, so I don't think she had "time" to take him far away. I also think she didn't want to get pulled over with him in the car, so she didn't risk driving too terribly far.

Are we sure the child endangerment from 4-6 pm on the 16th is directly related to the drug use? Or is it possible those are two separate issues that came about during the investigation?

Also, if the drug use is in relation to the endangerment charges, why no drug charges as well?

I don't think they could hold her very long on drug charges.

For the child endangerment charge, they can. They are probably looking to hold her on the biggest charge, because ultimately, they know that a murder charge is coming.

Just my opinion.

Two words: Evan Brewer. I know the attorney representing the family and she is definitely not going to until someone is held accountable and the truth comes out about Evan’s case. Plus, Evan’s grandfather is Carl Brewer, he may not be in office anymore but he still has a lot of pull politically.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article191146979.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a public forum isn't the place to ask this, but I'm hoping I've just watched too much Law & Order.

Evan's case is just so horrible. But it stuck out in an article about him that they were supposedly unsure why his abuse was photographed & videotaped. Or it wasn't "immediately clear".

Someone posted that Wichita is a hotspot for "sex trafficking" and I almost asked then if FBI was involved with Lucas (and I saw a poster mentioned them in passing). They have used language for Lucas like a "lost child" and a criminal case that is not a homicide or abduction.

Calling off park searches (and discouraging searching in favor of tips) right after a poster says they saw a former LEO say not to ever ever ever ever give up hope.

Hope of what? Hope to find him alive? That is statistically unlikely, isn't it? In fact, I could not find a single case of a child of this age range missing in similar circumstances for 5+ days with a happy ending, but hope someone can prove me wrong.

Hope to find his remains? Well, that's just not "hope" for me. I mean I hope the family gets closure, but it is more resignation than hope once we're waiting for remains to turn up.

So, back to too many TV detective shows. If the feds are working on a undercover infiltration of a pedophile ring in this area...

Do those things happen in the background for real? Do they really sometimes appear to protect the federal investigation to the detriment of the local/state case?

Does FBI always assist for lost children or are they even assisting here? (I think they did for Mariah, but she was reported missing adjacent to MCAS , and I thought that was why in her case).

OT Back to Evan, I'm glad the family has someone who won't go down without a fight to hold the people who failed Evan accountable. I'm so sad that they tried so hard, unsuccessfully, to save his life.

I can't imagine that being away from someone that often, for long periods of time, helps a volatile relationship like that to grow. I would imagine she MAY (my own speculation only) have just been with him for the money. I mean, how easy... you sit at home, do whatever you want (because he isn't around), and live off of his money... super easy. I don't think EG really gives a crap about anyone but EG.
Ya know i was thinking as far as a possible motive that she may have just wanted her OWN family. She had her biological daughter, still with FOB, new house...Lucas was not part of that plan. She failed to love him like as if he was her own. Seems like she resented Lucas for that simple fact.

There has been photos of alleged abuse, statements of being mistreated bc of this im torn. Im torn bc a part of me is like if anything such as this were to happen to Lucas, all eyes would be on her & wouldn't she know this. Would she be this stupid to harm him in anyway or to jeopardize any kind of standing whether good or bad with CPS? I could see her putting him in harm's way bc of other reasons stated above. I don't know...im spinning.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I work in the media (outside the US) and I was speaking to a colleague who covers crime related news - I specifically mentioned the flower bed thing to him.
He said straight away, if it wasn't an innocent play in the flowerbed with the baby, then she could have been getting dirt from elsewhere off herself and discarding it in the flower bed. If she went elsewhere with Lucas and got muddy in the process, she could have been shaking the mud off so that it mixed in and wasn't obvious mud in the house that crime scene would test.

People do and think strange things in those states and the advent of CSI type shows really has spurred on that thinking in some people.

Sometimes people will also discard common household drugs (that have been used to drug people) in soil which isn't unreasonable to see turned (like a flowerbed). Just thought I'd share his thoughts.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Maybe a public forum isn't the place to ask this, but I'm hoping I've just watched too much Law & Order.

Evan's case is just so horrible. But it stuck out in an article about him that they were supposedly unsure why his abuse was photographed & videotaped. Or it wasn't "immediately clear".

Someone posted that Wichita is a hotspot for "sex trafficking" and I almost asked then if FBI was involved with Lucas (and I saw a poster mentioned them in passing). They have used language for Lucas like a "lost child" and a criminal case that is not a homicide or abduction.

Calling off park searches (and discouraging searching in favor of tips) right after a poster says they saw a former LEO say not to ever ever ever ever give up hope.

Hope of what? Hope to find him alive? That is statistically unlikely, isn't it? In fact, I could not find a single case of a child of this age range missing in similar circumstances for 5+ days with a happy ending, but hope someone can prove me wrong.

Hope to find his remains? Well, that's just not "hope" for me. I mean I hope the family gets closure, but it is more resignation than hope once we're waiting for remains to turn up.

So, back to too many TV detective shows. If the feds are working on a undercover infiltration of a pedophile ring in this area...

Do those things happen in the background for real? Do they really sometimes appear to protect the federal investigation to the detriment of the local/state case?

Does FBI always assist for lost children or are they even assisting here? (I think they did for Mariah, but she was reported missing adjacent to MCAS , and I thought that was why in her case).

OT Back to Evan, I'm glad the family has someone who won't go down without a fight to hold the people who failed Evan accountable. I'm so sad that they tried so hard, unsuccessfully, to save his life.

Excellent questions and points!

Great Post! imo

Plus, the article specifically says they're no longer searching the parks. They had previously stated that the searches there were from very specific tips in very specific locations. I absolutely fully believe they are not slacking off on this case.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Maybe, LE is starting water searches?

We've talked about possible "bruises" on her knuckles before. My first thought was something from the flower bed incident. Moo

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Or just before the flower bed incident.

She had st least one visitor. The neighbor saw her put smoking with a man before Lucas was reported missing.

Perhaps, Smoking Man is her drug dealer? They stay at houses for a little while, so they don't draw suspicion on themselves.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but I'm trying to upload a new picture of Lucas. It looks to have been taken around January 28th (when the pictures of him on the couch with the black hat were taken).

attachment.php

Attachments

• lucas.jpg
    lucas.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 758
I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but I'm trying to upload a new picture of Lucas. It looks to have been taken around January 28th (when the pictures of him on the couch with the black hat were taken).

attachment.php

The pain in his eyes.......this is one of the images that upsets me the most. If I didn't know better, I'd swear there was cigarette burns near the eyes and nose.

If that photo could talk in Lucas' voice.........

attachment.php

This makes me sick. I notice he often has sweets in his hand like the birthday video with the Ziploc bag of skittles. Maybe that explains his teeth. Maybe the sweets are to comfort him after being smacked. I think he may have been smacked around a lot.

attachment.php

Oh my god...

attachment.php
This poor little baby. From all of these pics that have come out, is it me or does it look like his teeth are rotting or getting knocked/punched out? I mean i know kids teeth look a bit funky when they fall out/come in but something just strikes me odd about their appearance. Picture just proves another sign of neglect.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member